The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dave Pratt Compares Kevin Pillar to Rosa Parks

Thrillhaus

I was listening to that. He wasn't saying that Pillar was like Rosa Parks, but that the situation was similar because the outcome had people talking about the issues.

It's still ridiculous though. I was shaking my head the whole time he was talking.

2 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I was listening to that. He wasn't saying that Pillar was like Rosa Parks, but that the situation was similar because the outcome had people talking about the issues.

It's still ridiculous though. I was shaking my head the whole time he was talking.

Yeah I think your right. I think he may have said they were similar once he got called out and was just rambling

Just now, Thrillhaus said:

Yeah I think your right. I think he may have said they were similar once he got called out and was just rambling

Haha you're right. It was definitely a back pedal from his original comment.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Pratt = poster boy for what's wrong with Vancouver media today. 

For like the last decade at least. Plagiarism, buffoonery, Pratt has all the markets cornered.

He is the single worst guy on 1040. I would donate $200 to the charity of 1040's choice if they got rid of the guy.

The whole thing is ridiculous. From the comparison made, to the apology, to the suspension itself. And it doesn't help when there's more than a few members of the gay, transgendered, and "gender neutral" community coast to coast acting like a bunch of little fascists nowadays demanding people to conform to their standards and to be shunned/held responsible if they don't. The one girl on the CBC said she's a huge Pillar fan but that this was a "huge step back." LOL get &^@#ing real lady, you nor anybody else was a victim so quit pretending. 

17 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

The whole thing is ridiculous. From the comparison made, to the apology, to the suspension itself. And it doesn't help when there's more than a few members of the gay, transgendered, and "gender neutral" community coast to coast acting like a bunch of little fascists nowadays demanding people to conform to their standards and to be shunned/held responsible if they don't. The one girl on the CBC said she's a huge Pillar fan but that this was a "huge step back." LOL get &^@#ing real lady, you nor anybody else was a victim so quit pretending. 

People that get upset about other people getting upset....

I'm also not too sure how apologizing is ridiculous, or is getting suspended. You do this in any work environment and there are going to be consequences. There shouldn't be any confusion about this.

23 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

For like the last decade at least. Plagiarism, buffoonery, Pratt has all the markets cornered.

He is the single worst guy on 1040. I would donate $200 to the charity of 1040's choice if they got rid of the guy.

You are 100% correct on Pratt.  The guy is a complete and utter waste of air time.  1040 will soon die if they don't get some quality people (who are actual hockey experts) into their programs full time.  There is a new station coming, which (now) has the Canuck's rights.  

33 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

People get held responsible for their actions? My God, we truly are living in an fascist nightmare now! 

How about maybe don't yell "fag" at someone in a packed stadium when all eyes are on you?

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

two ideas here to consider: 1. how does respecting the rights of someone else take anything away from you personally? and 2. part of people feeling like they can't live in society or have to hide who they are is in part due to stuff like this. 

I think back to a joke Louis CK made about this kind of thing, he says the worst thing you can call a straight white guy is "cracker" :lol: as a white straight guy I think about that and realize that I really never have to deal with anything from a slur-perspective, so when other people do its worth thinking a bit about what that might be like. Just a suggestion, do with it what you want. 

10 minutes ago, Bo053 said:

more straight white sjw's are getting offended by this whole thing than gay people.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

Are they really, or are you simply unable to differentiate people saying "that isn't right" versus people being personally offended?

Pretty sure he's going by what Milo says.

Archived