The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Gun 2 is 'definitely happening', says Tom Cruise

fivethej

Awesome. I'd love to see Gene Hackman cast in the film. Kelly McGillis is way too old to reprise her role or make a cameo. She's 59. Hopefully, they touch on what happened between her and Maverick following 1st film.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/24/top-gun-2-is-definitely-happening-says-tom-cruise

In January 2016, producer Jerry Bruckheimer tweeted a photo of himself with Cruise, saying: “Just got back from a weekend in New Orleans to see my old friend Tom Cruise and discuss a little Top Gun 2.”

“We’re trying to figure it out,” Cruise clarified in a subsequent appearance on the Graham Norton Show.

The sequel was hinted at again in April this year during an “Ask me anything” on Reddit, when Val Kilmer – who starred in the original film with Cruise and Kelly McGillis – was asked by a user whether he would be doing Top Gun 2. “Hell yes,” he replied, “and what a hoot it will be.”

CZrfu3kWYAAySVm.jpg

Kilmer was also asked if the on-screen rivalry between his character Iceman and Cruise’s character Maverick was present off-screen as well.

“[Cruise] was a sweetheart,” Kilmer replied. “We were all quite rowdy me and all the real flyboys and the actors, so I actually felt a little sorry for him cause we all had time to play and date the cute extras and zoom around San Diego in muscle cars, but Tom was always in some scene and never got to play with us.”

Top Gun, an action and romance film about a squad of fighter pilots, grossed $356m after its 1986 release, and has since become something of a cult classic.

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You liked it?  Seriously?  I had forgotten Cruise was even in it.  

I was 12 when it came out in '86.  Just hit puberty the year before, testosterone was coursing through my veins....  Of course I enjoyed a movie about fast planes and cocky as h3ll fighter pilots!!!

I even remember the first time I watched it too.  It was on laserdisc.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I was 12 when it came out in '86.  Just hit puberty the year before, testosterone was coursing through my veins....  Of course I enjoyed a movie about fast planes and cocky as h3ll fighter pilots!!!

I even remember the first time I watched it too.  It was on laserdisc.

I was in my mid 30's.  I likely went for the popcorn.  

Archived