The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

3 minutes ago, ice orca said:

Bull, get a clue.

Haha. I'm assuming you're a Nylander fanboy then. Someone who is still mad we passed on him?

You need to get a clue and realize that this team doesn't want to build around soft perimeter players going forward.

1 hour ago, nazzymx said:

Tanev+5th to Toronto - Nylander + 17th to Van.

Forgot to add Boeser to Tanev and the 5th and remove TO's 17th pick as that is what they will demand for Nylander at a minimum.

Edit: And this is not me saying that is what I would trade for Nylander or that the deal should be made if available.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Haha. I'm assuming you're a Nylander fanboy then. Someone who is still mad we passed on him?

You need to get a clue and realize that this team doesn't want to build around soft perimeter players going forward.

Lol we are already building around soft perimeter forwards if you haven't noticed. Btw i am not a Nylander fanboy but i can see a high end skill set that you refuse to see because the hated Leafs drafted him. Stop assuming what people think it makes you look small and ignorant.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Forgot to add Boeser to Tanev and the 5th and remove TO's 17th pick as that is what they will demand for Nylander at a minimum.

Edit: And this is not me saying that is what I would trade for Nylander or that the deal should be made if available.

Tanev has a ton of value, specially for Toronto.

1 minute ago, ice orca said:

Lol we are already building around soft perimeter forwards if you haven't noticed. Btw i am not a Nylander fanboy but i can see a high end skill set that you refuse to see because the hated Leafs drafted him. Stop assuming what people think it makes you look small and ignorant.

Horvat, Boeser, Goldobin, Dahlen and Virtanen are perimeter forwards? Could have fooled me.

I see his high skillset, I know hockey well enough to know that alone doesn't equal a contender.

As for hating that the Leafs drafted him, I could care less. Ehlers is the one I'm mad about missing out on if I was gonna complain. 

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Lol. There's more to building a team than just point totals.

He gets soft points from playing with Matthews and Marner anyways.

The Canucks could take those 'soft points' you are talking about.

2 minutes ago, nazzymx said:

And if they want them they can draft a player like Pettersson, not give up valuable assets for a player they could have drafted 3 years ago.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

And if they want them they can draft a player like Pettersson, not give up valuable assets for a player they could have drafted 3 years ago.

Now you are comparing Petterson to Nylander? oh boy....

1 minute ago, nazzymx said:

Now you are comparing Petterson to Nylander? oh boy....

Yes, I'm saying Pettersson is as good as Nylander right now. :picard:

Do some research and you'll see his potential is right on par with Nylander. I'm not gonna argue with an armchair scout though.

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yes, I'm saying Pettersson is as good as Nylander right now. :picard:

Do some research and you'll see his potential is right on par with Nylander. I'm not gonna argue with an armchair scout though.

Who is arguing with you? btw you really hurt my feelings by calling me an armchair scout lol

52 minutes ago, TU90 said:

Won't happen. We're not losing Try, Sbisa and Tanev in one off season.

theres no guarantee Sbisa goes first of all... Even if he does

We still have Gud, Edler, Hutton, Stetcher, Biega as solidified roster dmen

We will have cap room to fill a few spots via free agency.... The team is rebuilding and we have younger guys like Pedan and Subban who may come up to audition. I find your statement to be a bit presumptuous. I think if there is a good deal to be made surrounding the 3rd overall pick (no idea if there is personally) then JB will likely move him....pure and simple

20 minutes ago, nazzymx said:

I'm sure Jake coulda put up 50-60 points playing on that team if they drafted him. They aren't afraid to give kids a chance and they probably would have been more clear as to what Jake needed to do in the offseasons. IE not let him think they wanted him to bulk up.

How about something along the lines of MTL NYR VAN in a 3 way trade involving Stepan, Tanev, Galchenyuk 

NYR gets top pair RHD which is what the asking price for Stepan apparently is. 

VAN gets the young 1C. Him and Horvat could be 1a + 1b. No superstars but that's a pretty solid top 2. 

MTL gets a C in his prime they need now to make a run. 

Just now, Canucks Curse said:

a little surprised JB didn't swing a drouin for tanev trade 

to me tanev > sergachev now and Tampa is in a win now mode.

beartchi Horvat Boeser

drouin Glass Goldobin

dahlen Grablund Virtanen

gaunce Gaudette Lockwood

pretty good man

Expansion draft stopped any Tanev trade to Tampa or anywhere.  

15 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

a little surprised JB didn't swing a drouin for tanev trade 

to me tanev > sergachev now and Tampa is in a win now mode.

beartchi Horvat Boeser

drouin Glass Goldobin

dahlen Grablund Virtanen

gaunce Gaudette Lockwood

pretty good man

It would have been OJ and the 33rd or deal around Hutton or Stecher. The point of the deal was so Tampa could protect their best players for the ED.

Archived