The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks 2013 draft pick Anton Cederholm to play in North America this year, could play in Utica.

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I thought we lost his rights, always vague on that aspect. I mean yes, we signed him, but we also terminated his contract didn't we?

Happy to hear he's giving NA another shot. He screams throwback physical defenseman, the league is transitioning away from that. 

No contract was not terminated, he was on loan. Probably a good thing for our team if he does turn into a solid top 6 D man in the future

3 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I thought we lost his rights, always vague on that aspect. I mean yes, we signed him, but we also terminated his contract didn't we?

Happy to hear he's giving NA another shot. He screams throwback physical defenseman, the league is transitioning away from that. 

he's still under contract with us: https://www.capfriendly.com/players/anton-cederholm

41 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Out with the medicine hat alumni... in with the Portland crew!

Never played for Green.  He joined Portland when Green had already left and in Utica Green sent him to the ECHL.

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

If he can make the jump and is nhl ready this season then that makes losing tryamkin not as bad.  Never realized how big he was.

That video was at 18, I wonder what he looks like now that he has filled out.

Can't hurt to have another depth guy, especially since Sbisa is likely gone from that side.

Archived