The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could take 5 former Canucks to back you up in a bar fight...Who would they be?

DontTouchMeGuys

Craig Coxe - tough, can take a punch

Sergio Momesso - crazy and tough

Tim Hunter- would do whatever it takes to win

Gino Odjick - crazy and tough

Rick Rypien - tough and can destroy someone in seconds.

Should just take Kesler and let him get beat up when he goes after someone's wife or girlfriend. You know it's going to happen...........

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

1. Brashear

2. Rypien

3. Gino

4. Bertuzzi

5. Kurtenbach

8 hours ago, Rick Blight said:

1. Orland Kurtenbach

2. Gino

3. Brashear

4. Curt Fraser

5. Rosaire Paiement

Glad I am not the only guy who remembers Orland Kurtenbach. He was the archetype for the honorable tough guy who could also play. As captain of the Canucks, he was respected by everyone and was regarded as the best fighter in the NHL for a number of years. He was also a good player and a very loyal team guy and a smart player. He has to be #1 on the list.  Brashear was also regarded as the toughest guy and best fighter in the NHL for a few years. Not quite as much of a team guy as Kurt but for sheer toughness he is a guy you want. Rypien was, on a per pound basis, maybe the best fighter ever in the NHL. However, he probably took too many punches to the head and that likely contributed to his problems with depression -- a good argument for banning fighting.  And Gino has to be there -- loyal, tough, and fearless.

So I think those four guys are easy picks, with Kurt being the "captain".

As for the fifth guy, lots of possibilities and no one stands out.

Gino, Brashear, Ryp are all a given. I would actually bring Burr. He'll do anything to refrain from getting his a$$ beat. Maybe bite some fingers or pull some hair!!! Brad May and Bieksa are both good choices too. I remember May talking on Sportsnet about having nightmares that he was gonna have to fight Derek Boogard, the next time his team played the Wild. The fact that no matter What, he didn't turtle. Even though he was afraid, he still went out there and paid the piper. That's pretty admirable. Bieksa would probably have to be my #1 choice though. Well, him or Ryp. I think those guys have your back no matter what. I don't know if Burrows would back you up on his own or not, TBH and even though Gino and Brashear scream "Do NOT **** With me" with their silence, I get the feeling if I by chance made an a$$ out of myself all drunk one night, they would let me lay in the bed I made as punishment for being stupid.

Archived