The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Texas Chainsaw Massacre [Townies Win!!!]

T-rex930

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'll let the general gameplay do the talking:

- He could have said he investigated me when he came out as sheriff, but didn't. Nothing to hide by doing so since he was hard claiming no matter what.

- He could have said he investigated me in round 1 at anytime, but chose to keep that information to himself the entire round, even in danger of a lynch. Not sure how that is a positive sheriff play under any circumstance.

- I was around when he made his "caught me" claim at night. If I was mafia, I would have had the time to change the MK.

It's obvious he's inexperienced and doesn't know exactly how to handle being the sheriff. I think he really didn't want to reveal unless he had to or was forced to. 

Wrt the MK, I'm assuming you weren't completely sure if he was legit or not and didn't want to lock yourself as scum by killing him. That was definitely the wrong play though lol. 

Anyway. I stayed up late to watch the draft, but now I'll disappear.

In a vacuum, I find J23 far more suspect than BJ. But obviously the cop claim is a strong one. So I'm happy as long as there's no tie and no third candidate getting in the way.

I'll miss a fair bit of time next round, most likely. (That's assuming I even live past this Nightfall.)

1 hour ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'll let the general gameplay do the talking:

- He could have said he investigated me when he came out as sheriff, but didn't. Nothing to hide by doing so since he was hard claiming no matter what.

- He could have said he investigated me in round 1 at anytime, but chose to keep that information to himself the entire round, even in danger of a lynch. Not sure how that is a positive sheriff play under any circumstance.

- I was around when he made his "caught me" claim at night. If I was mafia, I would have had the time to change the MK.

Why would cop out on one guilty when he could be confident enough to live and find the remaining maf member.  That would be wasting opportunities. Say he did out D1 and guiltied u. He would have died N1 then we would have lost cop. Duh. 

I thought also about the mk. Why did he not die. But I am going to assume that maf thought he was on the way out lynch way. Or they thought I was on my way out and mkd TL to frame J23.

My whole thing on BW was only day 1 was the dumbtell on roles been handed out. It was only day one and an observation on BW. When he voted me you were quick to jump on that wagon. Only to switch later. 

Your posts now reek of desperation.

I look at it as a one way or the other you are key to finding mafia. 

Grassy ass.

Night 2

The night was muggy and humid. The townies gathered around the chopping block. @Blue Jay 22 was the unanimous vote for tonight. With his hand tied behind his back, BJ22 dropped to his knees. A black cloth bag slid over his head. That was the last day light he'll see. With a squeeze of the trigger, BJ22's brain splattered around the bag.

Maverick Mafia

With BJ22 gone, Maverick Mafia must be smart about their targets. Tonight though, it was obvious. @J-23 was sniped from the top of a building.

Hacking Limbs and Getting PIMS

@Milk and Honey was a late joiner and that angered the SK. He gets chopped up into a bajillion pieces.

Roster

1. DarthMelvin
  2. Beluga Whale
  3. Alain Vigneault
  4. Master Radishes
  5. Time Lord      [TP]
  6. Armbar      [TP]
  7. J-23     [Special]
  8. Blue Jay 22     [Mafia]
  9. Zfetch
  10. Milk and Honey    [TP]
16 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

J23 - 2 (MR, BJ)

BJ - 2 (J23, DM)

BW - 2 (MH, ZF)

AV - 1 (BW)

DM - 1 (AV)

This is an interesting vote count.  

If MR is mafia with BJ, do they hope that somebody else believes BJ is the sheriff and hops on this wagon to get rid of the actual sheriff?  Keep in mind, it typically isn't hard to get a wagon to pick up on J23 and MR can usually build pseudo-cases against players quite well.

Wrt to J23's claim, I pose a question.  Does MR look very TP, almost to an AV paranoia sense, that he basically believed J23 was lying despite J23 hard-claiming?  On the other hand, was BW way too nonchalant about J23's claim because he easily believed him (save for the fact BW mentioned no counter-claim)?  I guess what I'm trying to ask is why didn't BW see the J23 from the perspective that MR saw it and why didn't MR see it from BW's perspective?  I think a lot of what we need to know to solve this game lies in this.

On Darth Melvin:  He's been pretty combative this game.  He took a shot at me, took a few at BW and MR, and hasn't been afraid to point the finger this one.  I feel he's more agreeable and passive when mafia (and I'm referring to a specific game so this is subject to meta-change) so I'm not sure I would place him as BJ's teammate.  I think his vote on BJ was genuine and not a bus.

I'm null on Zfetch.  Though he looked decent for not touching the J23/BJ vote but then I thought that's exactly what he would do as mafia and would distance himself.  Then I looked in the mirror and saw that I've done the same and that's pretty contradictory.

Takes:

DM - 25% SK/ 75% TP

MR - 75% Mafia

BW - 25% Mafia

Zfetch - 75% SK/ 25% TP

AV - 100% TP

17 hours ago, Master Radishes said:

Different debate in the meantime: who's the SK?

Generally the SK is trying to avoid being too scummy or too townie, to avoid the attention of either side. They follow the town consensus but never lead it.

I'm thinking AV, maybe. Or DM?

Now I see this and think "well, maybe that's the reverse strategy he's employing as the SK"

Only so much I could do with a hard claim and investigation on me. FTR, wasn't trying to pretend at being sheriff (F sheriff cover). I was actually reading a Sherlock Holmes book, but thought sheriff cover was more believable. Moral of the story: watch my fluff next time lol.

Good luck teammate. DPS

DM

BW

AV

MR

ME

Kay. Got the list sorted out. Also I didn't come back in 2h wooops. 

Now the problem is here, I'm not even going to bother looking into what people posted or voting patterns, the simple matter of fact that Me, MR, BW make a majority is enough for me to know that one of the two is mafia for sure. Zero percent chance and I guarantee that chance, that the mafia would let a 3/5 tp majority of me mr and bw at the end of the game.

I called BJ/BW from the start, but for all we know, MR could feast on the possibility of a vet not lynching him in the last round embarrassingly. Ahem BW.

Imo this round has to be a full 1v1 battle between MR and BW and if it isn't, then I give up.

Archived