The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Texas Chainsaw Massacre [Townies Win!!!]

T-rex930

BW raises a point and MR could be SK, but tbh from the TP perspective over here, I'd be more inclined to make the right choice: a non tp. And I think BW is the easiest bet for that. 

Worry about the other non-tp next round. 

Random point about AV

BJ 'peeked' TL in R1 and AV in R2.

So one TP, and one unknown. But I feel scum wouldn't fake-peek themselves, because that would give the game away if the peeked player was killed. Like, if AV was killed and flipped scum, we'd know BJ was lying.

4 hours ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Here's a BJ post trying to link me as mafia a while back in the thread.

In hindsight, and I'm obviously biased, but it favours me because nothing in here is substantial as to why I'm mafia.  His language itself is way too safe and the post reads as less of a "here's a guy who could be mafia" and more of a "here's a guy who isn't and I'll FoS him to confuse you all"

I tend to agree. BJ's callout of you has the tone and language of a scum trying to see if there's any support for a wagon.

So AV =/= mafia imo. But maybe SK.

On 6/21/2017 at 1:29 PM, Zfetch said:

Actually tbh I think BJ is mafia just for that one post.

unvote; vote BJ

Bus vote?

On 6/21/2017 at 11:53 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'm pretty confident in J23 scum. I don't have a good read on Zfetch yet, but I didn't like J23 seemingly attacking him when Zfetch was soft claiming/laying sheriff cover early in the game. He claimed that he was leading a wagon against him, but at the time, there were no votes on Z. I would think that if Zfetch was a true suspect for him, he would want to see at least someone agree with him on his mafia suspect before attacking anyone with bus accusations

On 6/23/2017 at 2:43 PM, Blue Jay 22 said:

Quick bullet points:

-The post I quoted just now from MR is my least favorite post, but J23 has claimed investigation on him.

- DM's post are so full of inconsistencies and fake confusion, I'm almost tempted to say screw it and lock my vote on him.

-Not quite sure why Zfetch is getting TP clears. He has been repetitive in nature this entire round and I'm still waiting for his actual scum reads rather than listing the players who have drawn the suspicion  of the thread.

- Where is AV?

No BW?

On 6/24/2017 at 2:18 PM, Zfetch said:

I think I burned out early

Also BJ is the person I least suspect for Sk so therfore he is SK. be bck l8r

Doesn't see that BJ the mafia is lynched? Another misread in the game.

I'm on the fence at this time between BW and Z

1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

@T-rex930

dps pls

if u don't know what that is. its dead player something

basically you reveal the roles of everyone and dead people talk. 

sorry for interrupting the game. please procede

He knows and he's done it in past, I think he may be busy at the moment.

Game is really quiet right now..

On 2017-06-22 at 7:48 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I was going to quote a bunch of DM posts, but none of them made sense. Point being was that mindset had changed on him. While his logical illogic fits in line with TP behavior, his open aggressiveness to anyone that does FOS him is uncharacteristic of that TP meta. I don't have hard evidence of him being scum through his posts, but his defensive responses this early are noticeable enough for me to make a point about them and give him a scum lean.

On 2017-06-22 at 7:53 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'm pretty confident in J23 scum. I don't have a good read on Zfetch yet, but I didn't like J23 seemingly attacking him when Zfetch was soft claiming/laying sheriff cover early in the game. Was also confused by his post coming after me for posting a banter gif in response to one of Zfetch's post. He claimed that he was leading a wagon against him, but at the time, there were no votes on Z. I would think that if Zfetch was a true suspect for him, he would want to see at least someone agree with him on his mafia suspect before attacking anyone with bus accusations when his wagon never got off the ground.

My vote stays for that inconsistency.

On 2017-06-22 at 8:14 AM, Blue Jay 22 said:

I'll throw AV into the Ring of Suspicion as well. He could be going through a meta change or metapause, but I haven't liked what I've seen in R1.

Sad to say, but that IS how TL has been starting his games off lately or at least similarly. I know, I don't like it either.

I can, but I also have a pretty good memory. Also an odd post, because it's not like we haven't seen good players get lynched in round 1 before (See: BW's last game before going into a Messi-esque retirement).

Was going to quote another post, but its on another page and the above keeps disappearing on me for some reason when I flip between pages. Long story short, though nothing stands out as eye popping suspicious, I feel like AV has been playing a safe game with his posts so far. Could be a reach, but I also haven't found his posts conversation stimulating. Then again, I've been saying that the past 4 games he's been in I feel like and he's only been mafia in one of them so ynoy.

In relatively quick succession, BJ floated the idea of DM and AV suspicions, and talked around Zfetch as well (not really as a suspect, though). The tone is consistent across all three - hesitant, waffling, etc. (In retrospect, how did I not see this? Ugh.)

The one player of the 4 that BJ has barely mentioned all game: BW. He voted for him once I did, and mentioned him later as a suspect (but then voted someone else), but has never truly engaged in why he might find BW guilty or not.

Summary

*BJ repeatedly argued with DM and floated the idea of his lynch. If they staged all of it, well done to them. But overall it seems too consistent to not be genuine. Also, DM was part of the R1 tie vote, and tie votes usually means the mafia aren't interested in who dies, ergo TP/TP. (Point against: was J23's firmest defender, very confidently so; perhaps too confidently?)

*Fake-peeked AV, floated the idea of his lynch as well, and AV never got into the J23/BJ vote which a scumbro probably would to either bus/save his mate.

So for me, it's down to Zfetch or BW as the final mafia. And of the two, BW's game has been the wolfiest. Zfetch is a sneaky player, no doubt, but his erratic tone has never struck me as scummy per se. BW, OTOH, is playing a game outside his usual TP meta. His votes have always been busses and he's not engaging in debates/discussions.

So, shoot me if I'm wrong, but Vote BW as the last scum,

Who is the SK?

Harder to pinpoint. Only 'evidence' is the kill choices (Arm/MH, both obvious TP the SK would want gone), the lack of following my 'instructions' on killing BJ/J23 (so someone who doesn't play tactically), and the activity level (the SK always strives for the perfect balance of seemingly-helpful-but-not-too-active).

*Zfetch has been erratic and unorthodox, but also not afraid to engage. Arguably most active of remaining players. Seems unlike the SK. Counterpoint: kill choices fit what I would expect Zfetch to choose.

*DM has been more active than usual as well, I feel, again with genuine content, even if I often disagreed with his logic. Unsure how kill choices match up - wouldn't he more likely try to kill me/BW?

*AV fits perfectly into the 'activity spectrum' of an SK. He also has posted content, but not a lot, and refused to get into the BJ/J23 debate (which an SK wouldn't care about). Kill choices are null.

So I think AV is the SK, with Zfetch being next most likely.

Archived