The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, bobbyg43 said:

Yes Elias set up goal but waved off quickly 

goalie on an outside goal line an defender pushed Vaxxjo forward into goal tender ,play pushed in embellishing by goalie

It's a weak call, but that stuff is gonna be called juust about every time in european hockey.

Vaxjo loses 2-0 in the Champions league final. Missed their chances on the powerplay, especially a lengthy 5 on 3. Game winning goal is the story as Fasth missed a long shot that he could see all the way. 

JYP goalie was fantastic though. Vaxjo missed a lot of chances. Pettersson played reasonably well, but looked a little nervous at times, understandable given the situation. 

Edited by Derp...

Just now, Derp... said:

Vaxjo loses 2-0 in the Champions league final. Missed their chances on the powerplay, especially a lengthy 5 on 3. Game winning goal is the story as Fasth missed a long shot that he could see all the way. 

JYP goalie was fantastic though. Vaxjo missed a lot of chances. Pettersson played reasonably well, but looked a little nervous at times. 

5-3 shocked they didn't score, had so many chances plus the open net look 

EP had multiple set ups in game where I think a better player receiving that would have finished it

their goalie played really well though made some big saves including a few on EP 

fun to watch him live for once, wish he got a little more ice time though 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jester13 said:

That's a rhetorical question that is a little off base from what I've been saying. Of course I want to see what he can do in the NHL; I'm just saying I won't be surprised if he gets to or does not get to show us next year right away. 

He may not be ready physically or mentally even. His skill set is there--no one is doubting that--but until we see him actually play some games in training camp and then the NHL, we won't know for sure. I'm as excited as everyone for him, but I guess I just don't have the sense of urgency as some. 

It's no secret that the Twins experienced some troubling years for a while, no? As someone who also eats really healthy and works out, I can attest to how difficult and long it can take to add 15-20lbs of muscle when doing it the right way, which I deem substantial size gain. 

Don’t think we are disagreeing on anything, we are looking at the same thing, just different takes. I agree he may not Be physically ready, that is a risk.  But he has shown that he can already dominate a men’s pro league. The SEL is the best large surface league IMO and only the NHL is better. 

How does he not make the opening roster?  Green may take him out of he line up and be light on ice time.

Sure, but he will make the club out of camp. He will be by far the best skilled player on the roster. Where would he benefit more? Spending one more year in SEL or breaking into the NHL. 

1 hour ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Joel Persson, d-man for Vaxjo is intriguing. Only 23 and solid production. Looked good on the powerplay with Pettersson. Should be worth a look from us.

Too bad he’s signed through until 2020. Maybe if the canucks are still looking for another D at that point he’d be a good guy to sign. 29 points in 42 shl games for vaxjo this year

Edited by Canadian Clay
  • Upvote 1