The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, gobi said:

Just curious, who scouted out Petterson for the Canucks?  Was it also Gradin?

I'm sure he was a factor. Matthias Ohlund has become a scout for Vancouver but I believe that is more recent.  Jim and the whole team probably spent a lot of time scouting Dahlen before trading for him.  They were leading Timra together last season.  I think Jim had a major role in Pettersson along with Gradin. Jim was giddy to get him lol.

3 hours ago, gobi said:

It was a nice goal but not sure why the goalie darted out like that.  He actually blocked his own dman from defending Petterson.

Because the goalie has  one of the best scorer's in his league coming down , And EP has been beating goalies all year with absolute lazer accurate shots. So he took the angle away from him . And EP might be one of the few player's  in the world of hockey to pull that move out of his bag of tricks.  So had the goalie stayed in his net we would be watching a wrist shot highlight of the top corner buldging in the net and EP celebrating. That's a goal EP has earned because (1)he can shoot, (2) he can pass and (3) he can deke. And with his small frame he has shown he can finess into areas where other players need to use power. Kinda like the over time goal. That is a power move.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP made a great fake pass to keep the goalie frozen...he had no chance against all that skill....

We have our new twins in Pettersson and Dahlen...!  ...and they are definitely 2.0....

I like that thought! Henrick was seldom a threat to score . EP scores on the deke because he is a threat to pass and shoot keeps yah guessing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForzaTikare said:

He got Malmös Great goalkeeper Jonas Gunnarsson to "go for a sausage" when he scored the deciding 2-1 puck. 

Dont know if there is any "go for a sausage"  quote in english? 

He made him so unaware of what happened he might aswell be at the hot dog stand.. :blink::huh:

Not that I know of.

But I'm going to start using it!!!!!

How many times did Anders Nillson go for a sausage this year?

Looks like he went for a sausage on the Mcdavid shootout goal!

Edited by AV's Coin

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Jim has gotten us a lot of big game performers. Pettersson, Dahlen, Boeser, Stecher, Horvat. They all show up when it's on the biggest stage of them all. That will be huge when we get back to the big show.  #stellar

Very exciting and then also Chatfield a kid I've been very high on and even more after watching him develop so rapidly this season in Utica and then at goaltending where Demko and Dipietro have all been on the biggest stages and dominated.

The extremely high amount of character and big game players we have right now completely blows my mind! The list just seems to go on and on wow.

There's extremely skilled players out there but extremely skilled players who will their team to win is a very special thing and it wins championships.

Edited by The Big Luongo
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Sedin like

Pettersson the new Henrik

Dahlen the Daniel

Bo the Toews

Gaudette the Kesler

haha joking aside wed win a cup if those guys develop into similar players

For ceilings, 

How about:

EP = New Pavel Datsyuk

Brock Boeser = modern day Brett Hull 

Bo = New Patrice Bergeron (I think the style of play reminds me more of Bergeron than Toews..)

Dahlen and Gaudette I need to watch more to see where they could reach..

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gobi said:

I think Gradin had a major say in the EP selection. I spoke to him outside Rogers before the December Predators game and he seem to indicate that EP was a better player than Henrik at the same age. He really liked EP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

Even in the scrimmage they held in the summer, Chatfield stood out to me.  Definitely.  He's a character...very animated.  This is one of the pics I took that day....

19895041_10155287066325549_4770392344671

Yeah Chatfield has been a major part of Utica's season this year.  :) He looked outstanding in the preseason but never made the cut.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, gobi said:

Judd Brackett was noted specifically for pushing for Pettersson as early as the previous draft then all year long.

3 hours ago, AV's Coin said:

Looks like he went for a sausage on the Mcdavid shootout goal!

Nilsson was down low, laying out the mustard on his smokie.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

For ceilings, 

How about:

EP = New Pavel Datsyuk

Brock Boeser = modern day Brett Hull 

Bo = New Patrice Bergeron (I think the style of play reminds me more of Bergeron than Toews..)

Dahlen and Gaudette I need to watch more to see where they could reach..

Dahlen = Alex Burrows

Gaudette = Jimmy Vesey

How do you like them apples??