The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Karlsson?

Ya I was wondering about him, but I don't know how to define generational when it comes to players that don't win a cup.

He's the highest level of talent you can get who hasn't won though so he's definitely in the conversation. 

Having said that he's also late 20's now. Were pretty much due.

11 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

That is the highest praise a team can receive. I know it is only Craig Button, but the fact that he said a statement like that is insane.

Craig is as high on OJ as anyone out there.   Why I think that means something is he has always had an eye for defensive talent.

14 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Haven't ever heard Button say that, but it would sure annoy Katz beyond belief if he heard it, lol

The 80s Oilers were not just scoring but SPEED and one-touch passing by which they would overwhelm teams and often score into wide-open nets.  Jake is a good Anderson comparable with the straight-line outside speed and taking it to the net, presumably Elias projects as the Gretzky-like playmaker, and perhaps Boeser as Kurri with the big and accurate shot.  Don't see a Messier (Bo would be a very lite version), but if they get Hughes he could well be the Coffey comparable, as I've previously stated his skating is VERY reminiscent of his style and ability. 

Regardless, the Canucks will carve out their own identity, and the underlying common denominator appears to be strong two-way play and a relentless high-motor attacking style.

He said it on a piece on TSN about who would be the best fit with Rasmus. Used that quote as a reason Rasmus would be a  good fit here. I think it is still on their website

13 hours ago, mike0099 said:

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/where-is-the-best-fit-for-rasmus-dahlin~1353469

If anybody is interested, this is the video where Craig Button compares the canucks prospect pool to the 80's Oilers. It starts from the 30 second mark. Cheers!

Man I hope we get the 1st pick and get Dahlin to play with Pettersson as two franchise cornerstone players. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Man I hope we get the 1st pick and get Dahlin to play with Pettersson as two franchise cornerstone players. 

I think its fair to say the disappointment will permeate CDC for a quite while if that doesn't happen (particularly if EDM gets 1st oa), but its nice to dream about it. 

Johnson GM of Utica believes Elias Pettersson is likely a lock for team Sweden at the world championships.  That is a great sign for him and our club.  Being able to match up against some of the world's best will be a true eye opener.