The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Qwags said:

I guarantee a question like this is going to be asked of him in the future, "Hey Elias, great season. Having notched your second straight 90 point season, do you think if you were heavier, you could score more?"

Elias...I know you put on 25 pounds since being drafted and have two 100 point seasons since then, do you think if you had put on 35 you coulda had 105 points?

6 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Elias...I know you put on 25 pounds since being drafted and have two 100 point seasons since then, do you think if you had put on 35 you coulda had 105 points?

"Elias, I know you just won your 4th straight Conn Smythe, but how would you feel if you bulked up to 220 lbs?"

59 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I think that’s the nickname his teammates in Växjö gave him because his skill level is out of this world.

not his elongated skull and ginormous forehead?

I kid, I kid

• Haha 4

Imagine anyone concerned that we might just have the best prospect to ever come out of Sweden. Nothing is for certain that's for sure. But what is for certain is Elias set all kinds of records, (against men, stronger players) he has fallen a lot in the process and keeps getting up. Elias might have the most goals ever by a player while falling down, Usually because he makes a move that literally no other player in the world could pull off. Ie his power mover crossing the crease and scoring in the world junior tournament. Or the fake shot and the deke around the goalie to score from behind the net while pivoting on one skate. (In overtime and game winner, series winner) Both goals he fell down, but celebrated to boot. Have you ever seen a player score almost every goal a highlight reel goal or shot? Or have you seen a player consistently hammer a one timer from the right side and beat goalies who expect the shot, and not just a once in a season shot but literally every other game? Or have you ever seen a 19 year old get the play-off MVP in a men's league? How many players have accomplished that?  How about how many players at 19 are considered the best player in the league or MVP in a men's league? Tony Esposito was asked about the Oilers problems about three years ago on the NHL network he said "How do you intimidate a young player? he replied to his own question, "You look at him" I only bring this up because Elias was basically a target all year and hacked whacked and slashed, And unlike many young players, He responded on the score sheet. So when we as Canuck fans see a number 5 selection do what Elias does, He had shown greatness before he was drafted, and excelled after being drafted, And has accomplished what only great hall of Famer's have done. We can expect him to follow suite of the path he has put himself on. 

Onto  SHL vs AHL Jonathon Dahlen , who played a league under the SHL (the league Petterson played in ) went to the AHL and fit right in, That says a lot about the calibre of Swedish hockey , Showing that Petterson is NHL ready. In fact his two point night against France showed us something, He scored on the second unit power play after the first power play unit did not score. And his goal was against the first  penalty kill  unit. I watched the goal over and over again , And what surprised me is the players we're looking to set EP up, Almost like they expected him to score or set up.

The Bottom line if EP isn't a great player in the NHL if he is just average, It will be a huge shock one I highly doubt is possible. Generational players don't fail. 

• Upvote 1

CJust read an article about the unicycle juggling stuff.. 

When he was a kid his dad was a good unicycler Thats why he wanted to learn it, and juggling was cool so he wanted to learn that aswell.. He learn ed that by practicing 3-4 hours once on their lawn and then he went to buy juggling clubs to get a challenge.. Thats....... Just nuts 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, ForzaTikare said:

CJust read an article about the unicycle juggling stuff.. 

When he was a kid his dad was a good unicycler Thats why he wanted to learn it, and juggling was cool so he wanted to learn that aswell.. He learn ed that by practicing 3-4 hours once on their lawn and then he went to buy juggling clubs to get a challenge.. Thats....... Just nuts 

It is really crazy. Like I’d never believe it if I hadn’t seen those pics. And still part of me feels like I’ve been taken in and the joke’s on me that I bought the story.

I mean, the natural ability it would take to just pick up that unicycle juggling thing in a few hours as a spare time project. It’s just nuts.

Or even to be playing hockey at such a high level and then be like, you know what, I need a challenge in my life. WTF? A challenge? Becoming a world class athlete in one sport isn’t challenge enough? And so he’s like, I’m gonna learn learn to unicycle today. And juggle too. No, that’s too easy. I’m gonna learn to do both at once. 

Just seems like Pettersson could probably do anything he tried if he wanted to. 

Or maybe he has one of those Matrix jobs at home. Plugs in and then comes out saying “I know unicycle juggling.”

He must be an alien. Or some kind of superhero. Clearly, he’s no mere human.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

It is really crazy. Like I’d never believe it if I hadn’t seen those pics. And still part of me feels like I’ve been taken in and the joke’s on me that I bought the story.

I mean, the natural ability it would take to just pick up that unicycle juggling thing in a few hours as a spare time project. It’s just nuts.

Or even to be playing hockey at such a high level and then be like, you know what, I need a challenge in my life. WTF? A challenge? Becoming a world class athlete in one sport isn’t challenge enough? And so he’s like, I’m gonna learn learn to unicycle today. And juggle too. No, that’s too easy. I’m gonna learn to do both at once. 

Just seems like Pettersson could probably do anything he tried if he wanted to. 

Or maybe he has one of those Matrix jobs at home. Plugs in and then comes out saying “I know unicycle juggling.”

He must be an alien. Or some kind of superhero. Clearly, he’s no mere human.

Picking up that unicycle and juggling (matrix style) a few trophies, now that would be nuts. 

Edited by AlwaysACanuckFan