The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

But.. But!!! He might get sent down to Utica!!! Lol.

If that happens, I'm thinking half the season ticket holders are going to be asking for a refund and Benning would be regulated to the Bergevin and Snow status of GMs.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I love that we didn’t do a PR stunt about him making the squad like MTL did with Kotkaniemi. We just know he’s on the squad, we don’t have to be desperate about it like them. 

People have had Pettersson penciled in on the Canucks ever since his season ended. Most people thought Kotkaniemi would need at least one year in the AHL/Finland. Different situations. 

• Upvote 1

Call me a homer or whatever but 20 years from now Pettersson will be considered the best Swedish player to play the game and he will be the first to bring a cup to Vancouver. If the Canucks make the playoffs this year, he wins the Hart.

Edited by smokes
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Call me a homer or whatever but 20 years from now Pettersson will be considered the best Swedish player to play the game and he will be the first to bring a cup to Vancouver. If the Canucks make the playoffs this year, he wins the Hart.

Hart

Calder

Selke

Decent start to his career.

2 hours ago, smokes said:

Call me a homer or whatever but 20 years from now Pettersson will be considered the best Swedish player to play the game and he will be the first to bring a cup to Vancouver. 

Well, the second part we can only hope for but I don't think you're being a "homer" by believing that he may be considered one of (if not THE) best player to come out of Sweden.  SO FAR in his career, he has been exactly that.  There is no reason to believe that his exceeding expectations won't continue.

15 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I love that we didn’t do a PR stunt about him making the squad like MTL did with Kotkaniemi. We just know he’s on the squad, we don’t have to be desperate about it like them. 

You mean like we did for Bo, and Jake/Mcann?  

• Cheers 1