The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

11 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I hope Boeser fking tanks this year. Like I hope he gets no more than 20 Goals. I wanna sign him to a dirt cheap contract. Like 5.5 - 6 mill.  Always gotta save that cap space in case a superstar gets into FA when we competitive 

And if he tanks the next year? And the year after that? And the year after that?

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

And if he tanks the next year? And the year after that? And the year after that?

We dun want no Jeff Skinner season slumps. No disrespect to Skinner.

Boeser gonna have to get used to getting focused down even more so with the Sedins gone.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

28 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I hope Boeser fking tanks this year. Like I hope he gets no more than 20 Goals. I wanna sign him to a dirt cheap contract. Like 5.5 - 6 mill.  Always gotta save that cap space in case a superstar gets into FA when we competitive 

I do want to see him play to his potential and not struggle, as he is and will be a vital piece of our future.  that said I wouldn't mind tanking the standings again.

Just now, MoneypuckOverlord said:

I do want to see him play to his potential and not struggle, as he is and will be a vital piece of our future.  that said I wouldn't mind tanking the standings again.

We are going to be doing just as bad don't worry.  

Too young and early in terms of players and experience.

Hi IQ is off the charts, exemplified by his defensive play. I shouldn't say that I'm surprised, but I kind of am with how quickly he has adjusted to NA ice. He's already our best player. 

In addition to being a contender one day (who knows, maybe this year) for the Hart and others, I really think he can be a contender for the Selke - he's just so aware of everything on the ice defensively, and he's only played a few games. Unreal.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Hi IQ is off the charts, exemplified by his defensive play. I shouldn't say that I'm surprised, but I kind of am with how quickly he has adjusted to NA ice. He's already our best player. 

In addition to being a contender one day (who knows, maybe this year) for the Hart and others, I really think he can be a contender for the Selke - he's just so aware of everything on the ice defensively, and he's only played a few games. Unreal.

His defensive game is really surprising. I had no idea he was this capable as a positional centre ice defender. I have to mention the butterfly style pass blocks, Ive never seen anybody do this before and he is very effective with it. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, messier's_elbow said:

EP is already our best player. That’s both sad and encouraging at the same time. If he gets any kind of support and can stay healthy, the Calder is his to lose. 

Lets just hope he will get the best chance he can get.. Boeser - Horvat - Pettersson, give him a year at the wing to develop

18 hours ago, smokes said:

Does anyone else think that by the end of the year EP will take over as the team superstar ahead of Boeser?

I think he already has. Boeser has had a bad preseason so far, Elias has been the Canucks best player. I expect Boeser to get better as the season goes on, but so will Pettersson, and he really is on a different level. My guess is Pettersson will also represent the Canucks at the All Star game, and he will win his event, just like Brock did. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

So I didn’t see any of the preseason.  

Can someone give me a realist run down of his game? 

Is he actually already our best player, or am I seeing some fanboi love? 

How is his shot, pass, etc...

any realistic comparison?

I think his game has been steadily improving during the preseason. He seems to be able to adjust fairly quickly to the smaller ice and he is also looking better at taking face offs although he still has a ways to go IMO. I would like to see someone on the team to actually be able to pass it to him where he can get off his one time rocket of a shot without first having to tee it up because the pass was off the target. The should help provide some much needed scoring.

• Upvote 1

EP has been trying to set people up too much...he should be roofing some of those instead of passing off...

Still he could have easily had another 2 assist night with Bo just tipping a brilliant pass inches wide of the open net and several other quality chances off of EP passses

There is no way our luck can continue to be so bad come the regular season.

Once things start to go in instead of off the post or just barely missing....watch out...!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Hovie, EP40 and BB6 will be the lone bright spots on this dark blanket of a season.

Hughes will be here by seasons end.  First game goes end to end  with a goal. Never looks back. 

Other potential positives, plausible to just plain fun. 

OJ gets Cull’d in Utica and comes back in two months ready to go.

Trymakin realizes that the time is now and buys himself out of Russia, signs a good deal for all parties here. No one skates in on his side for the rest of the contract. 

JV takes a roll on Pettersson’s wing and Pettersson thinks for both of them.  Dido for Goldy.  EP40 gets his faceoff mojo flowing and finishes 50% on the season. 

Demko comes in, Markstrom and Nielsen are traded. Loungo comes back to mentor him. 

Eriksson pulls a bad back bending over to pick up some of the millions he has lying around and is out for 4 years. 

We have the best 4 line in Hockey... not sure about the other 3... 

Horvat becomes captain, goes on to have a 30/30 season.  

Boeser shakes off the rust and continues to find the mark. 

Baer makes it a whole season without an injury. 

Our defence remains a dumpster fire, but teams come calling for Elder, Tanev and MDZ. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

So I didn’t see any of the preseason.  

Can someone give me a realist run down of his game? 

Is he actually already our best player, or am I seeing some fanboi love? 

How is his shot, pass, etc...

any realistic comparison?

A little of both. 

Horvat's probably been our best player overall but considering EP40 is a kid and has played all but a handful of preseason games... He's not far off.

He looks like he needs to adjust but he also looks like he's doing so VERY quickly, including very solid defensive positioning/plays. If not our best all-out player, certainly the most creative with the puck and is consistently creating something, breaking up plays defensively etc. He'll need to get stronger and keep adapting to the pace/space before he's truly dominant but it's VERY encouraging.

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 2