38 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Late to the party but here are some Twitter gifs:

Love the progression in commentary:

“Elias Pettersson is struggling.”

“Nice assist.”

“Vintage Elias Pettersson. What a pass.”

“And this goal is more Pettersson at his best.”

“Looks like he’s adjusting to playoff hockey.”

Sure way better than if the progression was in the opposite direction, ending with "EP is struggling."

Salivating at the thought of our potential future power play lines!

Gadj-Brock-Pettersson-Juolevi/2018prospect)-Lind

Gadj net front, Brock in his spot, Pettersson in his, Juolevi(or DAHLIN, Boqvist, Hughes at the point) and maybe a guy like Lind floating around in the slot/ other point.

Dahlen-Gaudette-Bo-Juolevi/2018pick-Goldobin

Dahlen net front, Gaudette in the brock spot, Bo down low, juolevi/2018 manning point, Goldobin other point(yes I do think he'll still be here)

Awesome potential for the future!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

How many times have we seen him do this to a defender? Guy thinks he’s gonna block the shot and Elias just drags the puck in towards his body and fires it home while the defender is sliding helplessly out of the lane.

I would think at the nhl level the defender would just take the body or block the lane.  But that is one hell of a snipe lol

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I would think at the nhl level the defender would just take the body or block the lane.  But that is one hell of a snipe lol

Yeah, NHL defenders will probably be a little tougher to beat. Although I also know Elias has a few other moves in his bag of tricks. He’s also so damn smooth in the way he adjusts his shooting angles that I think even NHL defenders will have trouble with him. His movements are just so fluid and hypnotizing that I suspect he’s even going to make some of the best players in the world look a bit silly at times.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

EP is going to piss off a whole lot of defenders...people don't like it when you make them look silly bad...

Almost a bit of keystone cops here.  Spinorama to shake one guy, then passes through two others, as one falls over the lunging beaten goalie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

EP was pretty impressive in this game for a couple of reasons.   Once again, pretty physical.   Second, the passing was out of the world.   If he had a finisher, he would had five plus assists. 

The goal speaks for itself but he won't get that much time in the NHL - then again, teens don't often shoot like that either so pretty sure he will figure out something new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Yeah, NHL defenders will probably be a little tougher to beat. Although I also know Elias has a few other moves in his bag of tricks. He’s also so damn smooth in the way he adjusts his shooting angles that I think even NHL defenders will have trouble with him. His movements are just so fluid and hypnotizing that I suspect he’s even going to make some of the best players in the world look a bit silly at times.

The funny part is. that play actually happened quite a bit faster. I didn't realize it was on slow -mo lol.  He did that much quicker. maybe the defender had no time. ^^

3 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

With sound, for the PETT-air-shon!

Dang! :towel:

The number of snipes bar down, over a goalies shoulder with, like, zero room is incredibly exciting.  Our next skills competition might have the two most accurate snipers in the world > forget the NHL all star game as top comp for Boeser.