The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

40 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Elias Pettersson is gonna take the league and make them look foolish.

Reminds of the time of no look passes by sedins that left the opposition dazed.

I just hope some goon like Tom Wilson or Brad Marchand et al. , don't injure or concuss him down the road as he will be a target for their kind.

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

I just hope some goon like Tom Wilson or Brad Marchand et al. , don't injure or concuss him down the road as he will be a target for their kind.

Well, Wilson might think twice about pulling his BS in Vancouver....guddy.jpg.10af0b3ceadaf4d85d2b49e6fa7a615d.jpg

• Upvote 2

Benning just needs to make sure he put the pieces around him that will help him be great. We need a Tom Wilson or two on this team. Guys that will fight whenever and 9/10 win their fights in convincing fashion, but who can also hit score play defence and bring energy. 2019 draft pick Dylan Cozens might be a guy like that. Not sure his fight record.  Garrett Wilson might also be a discount project player like that.   But guys like that are hard to find and crucial to a playoff win. 

Edited by kenhodgejr

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Our new franchise player. 

does anyone believe he may very well be a generational prospect?  I never liked that term but my gosh, kids unreal.

Elias will be the player other players chase for NHL MVP. This could be McDavids last crack at it.. LOL He is def generational. Players like him don't come around very often. A generation is considered 20 years plus. EP breaking 20 year old records...…...hmmmmm 

Welcome to the big club Elias, for many they expected it. And for some their was absolutely no doubt. Elias has made the need to draft Hughes as that franchise center obsolete. And because we have Elias we probably have no  chance at finishing low enough to be a lottery team. Expect exactly what you have seen in the pre-season from Elias. A highlight for twitter every game or so. ( Hard to find a game from Elias where he didn't do something spectacular in the last 2 years). Elias is a quick study and just in 5 games I noticed a lot of improvement 5 on 5. From the first game in Penticton where he lost every face off to  pre-season where he was winning 30-40 % of the draws, in just a couple weeks.  

2 hours ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

Our new franchise player. 

does anyone believe he may very well be a generational prospect?  I never liked that term but my gosh, kids unreal.

I would be very very surprised if he was actually that good (a generational talent), but I could see him as a franchise forward for sure.

• Upvote 1

Just now, -AJ- said:

I would be very very surprised if he was actually that good (a generational talent), but I could see him as a franchise forward for sure.

Prepare to be surprised. I would be very very surprised if he is not. Just going on record as saying that because he has tools to be elite. The NHL has not had a clear cut number one player since the Mario Gretzky days. Swedish players tend to develop a little later also. so expect as Brian Burke said "he might not have a ceiling". Starting tomorrow Elias will do the talking.

Fun fact: EP40 was the most covered hockey profile in Sweden last year with 9869 articles about him in Swedish media, that gives him a 13th place counting all Swedish Sports profiles, The list is topped by the Swedish National team soccer coach Janne Andersson at 32049 articles and Zlatan Ibrahimovic at 26769

Edited by ForzaTikare
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cory40 said:

Prepare to be surprised. I would be very very surprised if he is not. Just going on record as saying that because he has tools to be elite. The NHL has not had a clear cut number one player since the Mario Gretzky days. Swedish players tend to develop a little later also. so expect as Brian Burke said "he might not have a ceiling". Starting tomorrow Elias will do the talking.

Would have to disagree about no clear cut number one. For a number of years Crosby was the clear cut best player on the planet. I feel like there was a good 5 years or so that was pretty undisputed.

• Upvote 4

Rip Pettersson no fortnite 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/patrik-laine-plays-call-duty-aleksander-barkov-hes-always-online/

I feel like the canucks SHOULD allow it (gaming) on the road to a reasonable extent. Heck, the WSH capitals play mario kart as a team bonding activity.. 

Edited by DontMessMe
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Would have to disagree about no clear cut number one. For a number of years Crosby was the clear cut best player on the planet. I feel like there was a good 5 years or so that was pretty undisputed.

Yeh when hart trophies were handed out it used too be Mario or Wayne. How many has Crosby won? A couple same with Ovie and the list goes on and on. A clear cut number one is just that. So disagree all you want He is the best player and at times by 6 or 7 points. Who was close to Wayne and Mario?  Their we're no close thirds and fourths. In todays game a number of players can win the hart. Crosby has been the best player and in my mind is the best player. But he has never buried the competition.,,..That being said all I am saying McDavid wins by 8 or 10 points is not a clear cut number 1. Now win by 25 or 30 or more is what I am talking about. So I am not talking about a best player. I am talking about a hands down Michael Jordon, Wayne Gretzky or Mario Lemieux type of player. Just go read the names on the Art Ross. Then you will see what I am talking about.

1980–81 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 164 1
1981–82 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 212 2
1982–83 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 196 3
1983–84 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 205 4
1984–85 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 208 5
1985–86 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 215 6
1986–87 Wayne Gretzky Edmonton Oilers 183 7
1987–88 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 168 1
1988–89 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 199 2
1989–90 Wayne Gretzky Los Angeles Kings 142 8
1990–91 Wayne Gretzky Los Angeles Kings 163 9
1991–92 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 131 3
1992–93 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 160 4
1993–94 Wayne Gretzky Los Angeles Kings 130 9910
1994–95
Jaromir Jagr Pittsburgh Penguins 70 1 1995–96 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 161 5 1996–97 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh Penguins 122 6 1997–98 Jaromir Jagr Pittsburgh Penguins 102 2 1998–99 Jaromir Jagr Pittsburgh Penguins 127 3 1999–2000 Jaromir Jagr Pittsburgh Penguins 096 4 2000–01 Jaromir Jagr Pittsburgh Penguins 121 5 2001–02 Jarome Iginla Calgary Flames 096 1 2002–03 Peter Forsberg Colorado Avalanche 106 1 2003–04 Martin St. Louis Tampa Bay Lightning 094 1 2004–05[c] &
&
&
&
2005–06 Joe Thornton Boston Bruins/San Jose Sharks 125 1 2006–07 Sidney Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins 120 1 2007–08 Alexander Ovechkin Washington Capitals 112 1 2008–09 Evgeni Malkin Pittsburgh Penguins 113 1 2009–10 Henrik Sedin Vancouver Canucks 112 1 2010–11 Daniel Sedin Vancouver Canucks 104 1 2011–12 Evgeni Malkin Pittsburgh Penguins 109 2 2012–13[d] Martin St. Louis Tampa Bay Lightning 60 2 2013–14 Sidney Crosby Pittsburgh Penguins 104 2 2014–15 Jamie Benn Dallas Stars 87 1 2015–16 Patrick Kane Chicago Blackhawks 106 1 2016–17 Connor McDavid Edmonton Oilers 100 1 2017–18 Connor McDavid Edmonton Oilers 108 2
  • Upvote 1