The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kole Lind | RW

Canucksin2013

I'm curious, and it may have been brought up in this thread before, but I haven't read all 27 pages so forgive me if that's the case. First, I want to make it clear that I am very excited about Kole. With that in mind, I've noticed that his birthday is only a month after the draft deadline (September 15) making him very old for his draft class.

It's always seemed to me that age makes a huge difference in major junior due to the amount people change physically from age 16 - 20. Like I said, I'm very excited about how he's playing, but I want to hear your guys take on weather his age is playing a part in his high point production vs the rest of the CHL draft class.

27 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I'm curious, and it may have been brought up in this thread before, but I haven't read all 27 pages so forgive me if that's the case. First, I want to make it clear that I am very excited about Kole. With that in mind, I've noticed that his birthday is only a month after the draft deadline (September 15) making him very old for his draft class.

It's always seemed to me that age makes a huge difference in major junior due to the amount people change physically from age 16 - 20. Like I said, I'm very excited about how he's playing, but I want to hear your guys take on weather his age is playing a part in his high point production vs the rest of the CHL draft class.

I have been curious about this as well. I do think his age is definitely a contributing factor. That being said he is undoubtedly very skilled and also tenacious and his age is not the only reason for his early season success.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I have been curious about this as well. I do think his age is definitely a contributing factor. That being said he is undoubtedly very skilled and also tenacious and his age is not the only reason for his early season success.

For sure. I'm not trying to suggest otherwise. I'm just curious as to if other people view this as a contributing factor or if I'm making something out of nothing.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

They have to be 20 by December 31. I believe Lind turns 20 in October.

Oh ok. Thought it was in September. 

Good, both he and Gadget will be ready to move up.

I'm excited to see the new generation develop. We may not have been gifted a generational player but I see a solid future and a deep team moving forward. With JB at the head of the draft table, we are going to have a solid system, top to bottom and, maybe, finally, see success become a bit of a tradition in this province. 

Edited by komodo0921
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bigturk8 said:

They have to be 20 by December 31. I believe Lind turns 20 in October.

looks like he will be 19?

RW   |   6'1"   |   185 lbs

Shoots | Right

Born | 1998-10-16

Birthplace | Shaunavon, SK, CAN

Draft | 2017 Round 2 #33 Overall by Vancouver Canucks

22 minutes ago, CeeBee51 said:

looks like he will be 19?

RW   |   6'1"   |   185 lbs

Shoots | Right

Born | 1998-10-16

Birthplace | Shaunavon, SK, CAN

Draft | 2017 Round 2 #33 Overall by Vancouver Canucks

Kole Lind

Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Oct 16 1998 -- Shaunavon, SASK 
[19 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.01 -- Weight 178 [185 cm/81 kg]

From Hockey DB.

He turns 20 before December 31st of 2018 meaning he'll be able to play the 2018-2019 season in the AHL.

Edit: link - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=179938
Edited by Bigturk8

55 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

Kole Lind

Right Wing -- shoots R
Born Oct 16 1998 -- Shaunavon, SASK 
[19 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.01 -- Weight 178 [185 cm/81 kg]

From Hockey DB.

He turns 20 before December 31st of 2018 meaning he'll be able to play the 2018-2019 season in the AHL.

Edit: link - http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=179938

Bad me. I need better glasses. Just realized you were talking about next years Bday :lol:

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2017 at 2:17 AM, Diamonds said:

Some of the statistical modeling they do on Canucksarmy to project prospects corrects for this.  Yes, players that are dominant from a younger age tend to be better players.  Of course it is a predictor but not a huge determinant.

Regardless though, very encouraging the phenomenal season he is having so far.