The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal)Van - NYR

12-16-FG

I read an article yesterday, where the NYR were possibly looking for a 3rd line Center. Maybe Van can work some magic here.

Van offers Sutter and a 4th rd  2018, for NYR 1st rd 2018.

I realize that NYR are looking to dump a veteran D-man in the process, but for Vans sake just the pick it's self would be sufficient payment for Sutter.  This trade would also open another position on the team, whether it's a rookie or a PTO player. But I know another 1st rounder for next year would be nice.

If Burmy pans out - which is a BIG if - then that opens several possibilities with this roster imo.   Sutter, with his complete overall game,  will look awfully attractive to a guaranteed playoff team. Wait until deadline.....many things will change between then and now. 

I would trade Sutter for sure, Very soft and he is a 3rd line centre that we can replace nows with free agents signings Benning made..

Trade Sutter for 2nd or 3rd, more like a young prospect that is 2-3 years away and 3rd round pic...

Sutter would be be okay for contending team he can play many different roles..

Too soft and we can replace him...Please trade by trade deadline for 3rd and dump his salary 4.3 million.. might be hard to trade him..

13 hours ago, Down by the River said:

Keep the veterans around to take pressure off of the rookies/prospects and then empty the cupboards at the trade deadline. Restock the cupboards in Summer 2018 with a bunch of 1-2 year deals and repeat the process. By the 2019-2020 season this team might be competitive again.

This. Sutters contract makes him unappealing to other teams anyway. He works as a stop gap in the meantime, sheltering youth from having to kill penalties.  At the end of his contract if he keeps his face off % high and he doesnt dip in play too much he'll return something at the deadline

23 hours ago, PlanB said:

If Burmy pans out - which is a BIG if - then that opens several possibilities with this roster imo.   Sutter, with his complete overall game,  will look awfully attractive to a guaranteed playoff team. Wait until deadline.....many things will change between then and now. 

I agree, at the trade deadline the Rangers will have available cap space as well .

I think Burmy is a band aid at best but I have high hopes for Gaudette playing a 3rd line center roll next year.

I would be ok packaging Sutter ++ for their first however what I really want is Benning to pry Lias Andersson from NY.

Probably a couple years early to trade sutter. 2019-2020 season his NTC becomes a modified-NTC and he'll only have 2 years left. He'll be 30 at that time and should still fetch a 2nd round pick to a contender, unless he gets long term injury before then. 

Also keep in my mind this might be henrik's last year playing, so if he and Daniel retire we lose two of our top 3 centres this year

Archived