The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2017-18 (One GM position open!)

canuck2xtreme

6 hours ago, Tony Romo said:

Congrats @Squeak !! The athletic is my favourite read these days. 

Im still listening to 1040 over SN right now, but that's mainly because I just listen to ray ferraro and Lawrence Gillman. There's a couple of you guys on radio now, what time and day are you guys on and what station

Gilman is must listen radio - I am just doing 'hits' throughout the week, I will be a regular on Sat's show (just figuring out which day); and then float around to others.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Ryan get on at The Athletic? 

Speaking of goalies, we're happy to see our goalie of the future (present actually!) Vas, with yet another win last night B)

I did - not gonna lie, pretty excited for it.

15 minutes ago, Squeak said:

Gilman is must listen radio - I am just doing 'hits' throughout the week, I will be a regular on Sat's show (just figuring out which day); and then float around to others.

I did - not gonna lie, pretty excited for it.

Nice!

giphy.gif

Nice to see you guys getting a real solid foot hold in the industry and bring some actual informed coverage to fans :) 

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting tired of the constant articles about Galchenyuk on the 4th line, Galchenyuk in the dog house, Galchenyuk this, Galchenyuk that...

Can they not just call up the Avs, come up with a deal to flip disgruntled players (Galchenyuk for Duchene) and move on already??

4 minutes ago, canuck2xtreme said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting tired of the constant articles about Galchenyuk on the 4th line, Galchenyuk in the dog house, Galchenyuk this, Galchenyuk that...

Can they not just call up the Avs, come up with a deal to flip disgruntled players (Galchenyuk for Duchene) and move on already??

Sakic still holding out for Galchenyuk, Mete and a 1st :lol:

Bruin’s Movement :

The Boston Bruins would like to put Martin Marincin on waivers, with the intent to send him to the minors.

The Boston Bruins would like to call up Cody Franson, to be added in Marincin’s place on the roster.

—————————————

I once thought Marincin had a bright future, now he is yet to play in a minors game since clearing waivers a week ago Thursday (scratched at AHL level now). Frustrating. 

Re-Marincin AHL: ‘It is unclear how many games Marincin will suit up for throughout the course of the season. There’s no way he will take the spot of a young, developing player like Timothy Liljegren or Andrew Nielsen. And I find it highly unlikely that he will replace roster stalwarts like Travis Dermott or Rinat Valiev. The most likely avenue that Marincin follows will be the one that leads him out of Toronto in a trade.’

https://editorinleaf.com/2017/10/12/toronto-marlies-notebook-opening/

From pickup, just so everyone is aware:

SERVER MAINTENANCE - We will be taking the site offline for 4 hours of scheduled maintenance from Oct 20, 11:00pm to Oct 21 3:00am Pacific time. Note that this will interrupt the stats calculations for that evening. The pools will update at 6am Pacific time the morning of the 21st. And the email updates will follow shortly after that. The next day will return to normal. Thank you.

Hoffman with his 1st Goal of the Season  but all in all our Top six has to move up. 

Hoffman 1 Goal , Atkinson 1 Goal and Jokinen with no Points so far . 

Ehlers Great, Perreault and Fiala good .

Sbisa great so far , Skjei soild but we need more scoring from him 

Behind those 2 Players there s kinda NOTHING.

Bartkowski played all games but only collected 2 FP´s so far 

Davidson 2 Games and no points 

Gorges played his first Game lately , hope he will play more times soon

Chiarot alltime scratch

That Jay Bouwmeester is close to return are good news though 

Goaltending .......:picard:

Slow start for Tampa, we need more from our top guys especially the likes of Price, Pavelski, Okposo, and Josi.

However, doesn't look like we'll be able to turn things around quickly, Caggiula, Josi and Okposo have all missed some time with injuries/illnesses and it looks like Benning and Cammalleri will be healthy scratches as well this weekend.

Derek Pouliot, an off season acquisition for us, draws into his first Oiler game tonight. Also, Landon Ferraro, we hope? A couple of extra bodies will help!

A few vets, specifically Klefbom & Faulk, our top pair D, and Joe Thornton. To a lesser extent 3rd liner Matt Moulson. We are looking at them to pick it up.  A slow start is more on a slow start from our vets than anything else. And then as we start to get some points from rookies like Pouliot, and Honka, we might get back in the picture we anticipated?

Archived