The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks set opening night roster

Adarsh Sant

3 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

A heavy forechecking game that has been nonexistent for years now. This should slow down the likes of Patrick Kane type players. 

A change in Captaincy say from Hank to Bo or Guddy will instantly change the culture from bring gentlemenly to "if you want a war let's go" mentality. After all this sport is hockey not golf or ringette.

I totally agree with you but what I'm saying is you need the horses to play that way and it's not entirely fair to ask very young players to play that way every night against the likes of lucic, maroon, getzlaf, etc...

9 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

A heavy forechecking game that has been nonexistent for years now. This should slow down the likes of Patrick Kane type players. 

A change in Captaincy say from Hank to Bo or Guddy will instantly change the culture from bring gentlemenly to "if you want a war let's go" mentality. After all this sport is hockey not golf or ringette.

A change in captaincy will do less than you think.

well I've been to a few preseason games so far and what i sees a group that wants to play well..i see it on their faces on the bench and the way they carry themselves in warm up..my only concern is i hope you canucks are ready for a hard hitting game..keep your heads up ..i see so many chances of big hits but since it was pre season guys laid off...you need to play smart hockey and when you get in those dirt areas just hope for puck luck and positioning will be paramount...smash the oilers canucks..you will need a good start or the roster will get blown up...

20 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I totally agree with you but what I'm saying is you need the horses to play that way and it's not entirely fair to ask very young players to play that way every night against the likes of lucic, maroon, getzlaf, etc...

Lucic seemed pretty quiet during the last game Vancouver played against Edmonton. Looking over his shoulder for Gudbranson....

Maroon isn't a big softy. And Getzlaf is nearing has been territory. I agree that the team needs more truculent play, but this roster is a bit more capable, especially with Green's approach.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Lucic seemed pretty quiet during the last game Vancouver played against Edmonton. Looking over his shoulder for Gudbranson....

Maroon isn't a big softy. And Getzlaf is nearing has been territory. I agree that the team needs more truculent play, but this roster is a bit more capable, especially with Green's approach.

We'll see.  I wouldn't expect much from Milan in pre season.  And I have to disagree with you re Getz.  He was the MVP of the playoffs last year imho.  Completely dominant at times during the highest level of hockey.

Just now, riffraff said:

We'll see.  I wouldn't expect much from Milan in pre season.

He wasn't that noticeable last year to be honest.

Just now, riffraff said:

And I have to disagree with you re Getz.  He was the MVP of the playoffs last year imho.  Completely dominant at times during the highest level of hockey.

Nearing has been territory, not quite there yet. That being said, while Gudbranson is just one player, I think he would make Goatsass think twice about being the biatch that he can be.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

He wasn't that noticeable last year to be honest.

Nearing has been territory, not quite there yet. That being said, while Gudbranson is just one player, I think he would make Goatsass think twice about being the biatch that he can be.

Well I've been a Gud fan since Florida so I don't have any doubts about him and I look forward to better things now that he is healthy.

i still feel this team needs that killer within the top six.

having said that it's not the size of the dog.....

7 minutes ago, riffraff said:

Well I've been a Gud fan since Florida so I don't have any doubts about him and I look forward to better things now that he is healthy.

i still feel this team needs that killer within the top six.

having said that it's not the size of the dog.....

Unless he's duly impressed by Eichel, expect Kane to be donning the blue and green next season.

2 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Jake? Really? How many fights he ever had? What? Seven, eight? In his whole career? OOOooooo I am intimidated already? If I am Lucic or Maroon I am terrified....RIIIIGHTTTT.

The team is older, smaller, softer and easier to squeeze, just like Charmine.

Man you are easy to please, the season hasn't started yet. And I do believe that most of the discontent centered around that he was picked #6 and still hasn't played a significant NHL regular season game. I myself kept posting that I thought the Nucks were ruining him by emphasizing the hitting over the goal scoring and that image of him still resonates with the fans. 

Troll troll troll your boat....

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Umm what? 

Just now, Hutton Wink said:

When they come up dry and the Sedins are playing catch for 1:30 and getting burned for shorties, changes will be made.

Agreed.  Sedins' shifts on PP and 5v5 need to be A LOT shorter.  I'm hoping Green already talked to the Twins about shorter shifts.

Just now, messier's_elbow said:

Umm what? 

I think I agree with Blunt on the Anaheim team.  They are getting older, and could be in for a big step backwards in the standings.  Isn't Kesler out with another injury?  I think the Oilers are going to win the Conference.

Archived