The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks set opening night roster

Adarsh Sant

10 minutes ago, Qwags said:

Stanley will join the team in June.

Last name Cup?

Looking forward to the season. Jake Virtanen makes the opening roster for 3 straight seasons, but this one is the first one where he really earned it. Boeser, if he playings alongside Horvat and Baertschi and sent out there for some prime PP time, I wouldn't be surprised if he scores 25 goals, maybe even 30 and win the Calder.

Baerstchi Granlund Vanek

Erickson Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Gagne

Virtanen Sutter Dorset

Edler Stetcher

Hutton Tanev

DelZotto Gudbranson

Burmistrov, Pouliot, Biega

The PP Lines will be sorted out this week. Only thing im curious on now is who the 6th PK forward is after

Sutter Dorsett

Horvat Erickson

Granlund ###?

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Can't have any toughness in the line up except Guddy now, it makes him necessary and look more important when most fans will over look the skill level vs the toughness factor. He is all they have now.

You don't think Jake plays a heavy game?   

Interesting - wonder if this how this compares across the league.....particularly up front?   13 of 21 position players....first rounders.   Doubt Canucks have had this sort of ratio up front (or even overall) before.   Not that it means jack squat unless they all play well but I found it interesting.      

FORWARDS (10/13 First Round Picks)

BAERTSCHI, SVEN - First Round Pick

BOESER, BROCK - First Round Pick

BURMISTROV, ALEXANDER - First Round Pick

DORSETT, DEREK

ERIKSSON, LOUI

GAGNER, SAM - First Round Pick

GRANLUND, MARKUS

HORVAT, BO - First Round Pick

SEDIN, DANIEL - First Round Pick

SEDIN, HENRIK - First Round Pick

SUTTER, BRANDON - First Round Pick

VANEK, THOMAS - First Round Pick

VIRTANEN, JAKE - First Round Pick

DEFENCEMEN (3/8 First Round Picks)

BIEGA, ALEX

DEL ZOTTO, MICHAEL - First Round Pick

EDLER, ALEXANDER 

GUDBRANSON, ERIK - First Round Pick

HUTTON, BEN

POULIOT, DERRICK - First Round Pick

STECHER, TROY (Undrafted)

TANEV, CHRISTOPHER (Undrafted)

GOALTENDERS (2/2 Swedish Giants)

MARKSTROM, JACOB

NILSSON, ANDERS

Not too bad at all. Considering what there was to work with, there really aren't too many arguments to be had. I was in favor of Archibald over Dorsett, and thought Biega would be a good captain and teacher in Utica, but otherwise about what I expected. I see a fair bit of speed, and some decent 200' guys in the  forwards; fair bit of mobility on D. Guddy & DD gonna have their hands full if/when guys like Lucic decide to "act" up.

54 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Interesting - wonder if this how this compares across the league.....particularly up front?   13 of 21 position players....first rounders.   Doubt Canucks have had this sort of ratio up front (or even overall) before.   Not that it means jack squat unless they all play well but I found it interesting.      

FORWARDS (10/13 First Round Picks)

BAERTSCHI, SVEN - First Round Pick

BOESER, BROCK - First Round Pick

BURMISTROV, ALEXANDER - First Round Pick

DORSETT, DEREK

ERIKSSON, LOUI

GAGNER, SAM - First Round Pick

GRANLUND, MARKUS

HORVAT, BO - First Round Pick

SEDIN, DANIEL - First Round Pick

SEDIN, HENRIK - First Round Pick

SUTTER, BRANDON - First Round Pick

VANEK, THOMAS - First Round Pick

VIRTANEN, JAKE - First Round Pick

DEFENCEMEN (3/8 First Round Picks)

BIEGA, ALEX

DEL ZOTTO, MICHAEL - First Round Pick

EDLER, ALEXANDER 

GUDBRANSON, ERIK - First Round Pick

HUTTON, BEN

POULIOT, DERRICK - First Round Pick

STECHER, TROY (Undrafted)

TANEV, CHRISTOPHER (Undrafted)

GOALTENDERS (2/2 Swedish Giants)

MARKSTROM, JACOB

NILSSON, ANDERS

8 of those first round picks haven't hit their prime yet either and 3 more will be replaced by rookie first round picks as early as next year with Pettersson, Goldy, Lind and Dahlen as well as Gaudette (not a first rounder) and Lind should have been first round.....

1 hour ago, GrandpaCanuck said:

Baerstchi Granlund Vanek

Erickson Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Gagne

Virtanen Sutter Dorset

Edler Stetcher

Hutton Tanev

DelZotto Gudbranson

Burmistrov, Pouliot, Biega

The PP Lines will be sorted out this week. Only thing im curious on now is who the 6th PK forward is after

Sutter Dorsett

Horvat Erickson

Granlund ###?

That's an expensive bottom $$$ix

My preseason Favs:

Gudbranson - really played solid

Virtanen - he was everywhere

Boeser - production speaks for itself, he needs to work on other things but that's OK. 

Markstrom - you can see a big shift in confidence already

Really excited this year! 

Really excited for this season with this line up. Look forward to watching Boes and Virt play. Was concerned about goaltending but Markstrom looked solid in the pre-season.

Really wanted Archie to replace Dorsett but I knew that was a longshot. Also wanted Pedan too but getting Pouliott was a nice surprise.

The only question now is how much ice time the Sedins get both 5 on5 and on the PP. Confident TG will do a much better job then WD did and will play those that deserve the ice time no matter who they are . GCG!

4 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Can't have any toughness in the line up except Guddy now, it makes him necessary and look more important when most fans will over look the skill level vs the toughness factor. He is all they have now.

Jake Virtanen will answer the bell everytime. How do you figure that Guddy is the only tough guy? Dorsett also.

Speaking of rosters and players standing there before the puck drop. I'm trying to get my son to stand with Jacob Markstrom his Idol. I have a video I hope people can see in hopes Jacob and the canucks  see my 8 year olds passion and determination

youtube link : D'angelo "Brickwall" Brual

4 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has placed forwards Brendan Gaunce and Cole Cassels on injured reserve, designated defenceman Patrick Wiercioch for assignment, assigned defenceman Olli Juolevi to TPS Turku and Darren Archibald will report to Utica, after being released from his PTO. The moves set the Canucks roster at 23 to start the 2017.18 season.

FORWARDS (13)

BAERTSCHI, SVEN

BOESER, BROCK

BURMISTROV, ALEXANDER

DORSETT, DEREK

ERIKSSON, LOUI

GAGNER, SAM

GRANLUND, MARKUS

HORVAT, BO

SEDIN, DANIEL

SEDIN, HENRIK

SUTTER, BRANDON

VANEK, THOMAS

VIRTANEN, JAKE

DEFENCEMEN (8)

BIEGA, ALEX

DEL ZOTTO, MICHAEL

EDLER, ALEXANDER

GUDBRANSON, ERIK

HUTTON, BEN

POULIOT, DERRICK

STECHER, TROY

TANEV, CHRISTOPHER

GOALTENDERS (2)

MARKSTROM, JACOB

NILSSON, ANDERS

Only four players remain from the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals team; Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Alexander Edler and Chris Tanev.

That's a rebuild if I know one...

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Only four players remain from the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals team; Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Alexander Edler and Chris Tanev.

That's a rebuild if I know one...

Nobody left for the 1982 Canucks Playoff Final team.   Talk about a complete rebuild.......  

Archived