The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dale Tallon (Florida) still interested in Gudbranson {from The Province Provies}

That would be fantastic if a deal of $4m per 4 could get done. However based on the summer of re-signing to 3.5 on a one year term, and a rumored deal to Florida with Demers coming back, I would say that a long term extension might be out of our reach with Guddy. If this is the case then we should explore moving him, perhaps closer to the deadline, and with a better return than the B prospects that are rumored. 

47 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

That would be fantastic if a deal of $4m per 4 could get done. However based on the summer of re-signing to 3.5 on a one year term, and a rumored deal to Florida with Demers coming back, I would say that a long term extension might be out of our reach with Guddy. If this is the case then we should explore moving him, perhaps closer to the deadline, and with a better return than the B prospects that are rumored. 

i think a more realistic scenario with Guddy would be 6 years @ 4.5-5 mil per year, with whomever he signs. If Vancouver is not willing to pay in that range (provided Guddy's game is back to his Florida playoff days), they should look to trade him. But i think we should do a deal of that sort for him, if by mid season he has strong defensive defenceman showings.

On 08/10/2017 at 0:50 AM, darinbadershouldamadeit said:

Funny you should mention that, while i do agree with you, that this isn't the time to bring back Luongo. But Eventually we might need to bring him back and park his contract in Utica to save our Cap space but until then let him be in Florida, hopefully he will play the darn thing out...

YUUUUUUP! 

On 10/8/2017 at 0:50 AM, darinbadershouldamadeit said:

Funny you should mention that, while i do agree with you, that this isn't the time to bring back Luongo. But Eventually we might need to bring him back and park his contract in Utica to save our Cap space but until then let him be in Florida, hopefully he will play the darn thing out...

Parking Loungo in the minors only hides $950k.  So the Canucks would still have a cap hit of over $5m to deal with.  That's actually significantly  higher than the potential  cap recapture penalty is in every year, with the exception of the final year. 

9 hours ago, canuckistani said:

i think a more realistic scenario with Guddy would be 6 years @ 4.5-5 mil per year, with whomever he signs. If Vancouver is not willing to pay in that range (provided Guddy's game is back to his Florida playoff days), they should look to trade him. But i think we should do a deal of that sort for him, if by mid season he has strong defensive defenceman showings.

I was thinking he would be looking for a six year deal in that 4.5 range which IMHO (unless he develops some offence) is a very fair price for a stay at home shot blocker with leadership and toughness.

I think if Rielly who is two years younger is making 5m Gudbranson fits in below that, no?

35 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Parking Loungo in the minors only hides $950k.  So the Canucks would still have a cap hit of over $5m to deal with.  That's actually significantly  higher than the potential  cap recapture penalty is in every year, with the exception of the final year. 

I agree. It will not solve anything except maybe the length of time Van has to have him in the books when compared to a buyout.

I've seen a schedule that says that his recapture is crazy high mainly if he walks with 1 year left. With a decrease in recapture with every year left.

But as others have said he may be a candidate for LTIR with his hips well before the last year of that deal.

I was both in favour of and scared of for length of term for Luongo's deal when Gillis signed it.

my surprise has always been how many media types think Luongo's deal was the beginning of the recapture discussion when Chicago, Phili and NJ and maybe others signed contracts that circumnavigated cap limits in a far more obvious way.

Heck (pardon my language) I remember when Alfredsson admitted that Ottawa added a year at $1m to his last contract to make the cap work!!

5 hours ago, Kungfudru said:

Gudbransen for a 1st at the deadline if Tallon wants him that badly. 

Pass.

Make that a 1st and Petrovic and it's worth thinking about - but only if we re-sign him July 1st lol.

I like Dale Tallon, but otherwise would love to put the screws to that franchise - they don't really deserve to still have him in the fold imo.

6 hours ago, Mattrek said:

No, you had him, you gave him up. The stud is ours now, too bad so sad. You're going to really regret that trade, Gudbranson will make sure of it.

Exactly. He had him already so if you want him back, expect to pay more than what you originally received

1 hour ago, Calvin's Dog said:

I was thinking he would be looking for a six year deal in that 4.5 range which IMHO (unless he develops some offence) is a very fair price for a stay at home shot blocker with leadership and toughness.

I think if Rielly who is two years younger is making 5m Gudbranson fits in below that, no?

Yes and no. I think contract negotiations are partly based on comparables, partly based on team need. Ie, I can see Guddy demanding and making more than his comparable, if he is the only guy with the skill-set on offer to said team.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Pass.

Make that a 1st and Petrovic and it's worth thinking about - but only if we re-sign him July 1st lol.

I like Dale Tallon, but otherwise would love to put the screws to that franchise - they don't really deserve to still have him in the fold imo.

Even better. I was thinking a 1st and Hawryluk but that might be a little over zealous:)

Why do I feel like Tallon is making waves to influence Guddy for July 1st?

This feels like tampering to me. Two times in the past few months a Florida based rumour around Guddy has surfaced.  That’s another team creating talk around our player.  Is Rallon pushing for a trade or is he sending smoke signals to Guddy’s agent and the man himself that they will sign him if he holds out to FA. 

7 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

Even better. I was thinking a 1st and Hawryluk but that might be a little over zealous:)

If we move Gudbranson, we're going to need a guy like Petrovic returning in a deal imo - and we're deeper in forward prospects than our blueline, so I don't see the sense in dealing Gudbranson unless a good young defenseman is coming back. 

Regardless, I personally don't believe it will happen - I think Gud re-signs here mid-season.

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Crap! I guess we will have to Nancy Kerrigan him then and LTIR.....

14 hours ago, canuckistani said:

I'm more than comfortable with 6 years @4.5 provided there isn't a full NTC.

Archived