The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dale Tallon (Florida) still interested in Gudbranson {from The Province Provies}

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

Again, you are ignoring the fact that I said that I wouldn't mind the trade if it was for Foote.  I just don't want another smallish C.

I'm not ignoring it. That fact is irrelevant when you're basically saying you'd rather try to re-sign him than get something for him. I would rather trade him for something than risk losing him for nothing. Florida will be able to pay him more and if anything Dave Tallon leaking these rumours out lets Gudbranson know he wants him and I'm sure he would love to go back to Florida.

1 hour ago, KKnight said:

I dont know about you, but i dont see the Panthers as a contending team. Not enough depth and wtf Ekblad youre killing me in fantasy. I see our future as something thats building a lot of momentum. One more solid draft, a couple key additions and this team could be playoff bound in a couple years. 

Florida's number one problem is goaltending. Their offense is good enough to win most games if they could at least get a save. They had like 50 shots on Tampa yesterday completely outplaying, two games really, and lost one and almost a second because of poor goaltending. They do need better defense though but they are very close to being the team to beat in the east.

I believe if we had traded Gudbranson it would have looked something like this,

To Florida:

Gudbranson + late pick 

To Vanvouver:

Demers + prospect they knew they were gonna lose in expansion ( Jonathan Marchessault ) and maybe a 2/3rd round pick. 

Benning isn't dumb if Tallon wanted him back, Jim knew Dave was gonna have to pay. Keep in mind at the time Tryamkin was looking good and Guddy looked expendable. 

New season, new look.... Gudbranson should not be going anywhere. He doesn't put up a lot of points but he looks like the type of guy who's gonna prevent a pile of points, which is worth more in my book. 

4 hours ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

...and who exactly on our roster will protect those kids from being abused by the Maroons and Lucics of the league?  IF you watched Edmonton's toughies last night, they all just walked away from the skirmishes when Guddy was on the ice.  He is a force and allows others to play "bigger". 

Oh...you didn't see JV skating thru Lucic?

Something tells me that Gudbranson is as good as good at the end of the year anyway. Might as well get something good for him.

Now if Guddy plays awesome and ups his value then obviously more could be added to the return of Hawlyruk.

Perhaps McCoshen and Hawlyruk?

Sure glad that the Demers trade fell thru tho....yikes

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

I'm not ignoring it. That fact is irrelevant when you're basically saying you'd rather try to re-sign him than get something for him. I would rather trade him for something than risk losing him for nothing. Florida will be able to pay him more and if anything Dave Tallon leaking these rumours out lets Gudbranson know he wants him and I'm sure he would love to go back to Florida.

Florida's number one problem is goaltending. Their offense is good enough to win most games if they could at least get a save. They had like 50 shots on Tampa yesterday completely outplaying, two games really, and lost one and almost a second because of poor goaltending. They do need better defense though but they are very close to being the team to beat in the east.

Never said that. 

I only brought up the UFA remark to offer another reason behind the 1yr contract; rather than just a $ grab by Guddy.  Due to his injury, a show me contract allows both sides more time to assess his true value.  If the Canucks intend to sign him, I highly doubt they would turn around and trade him.

7 minutes ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Oh...you didn't see JV skating thru Lucic?

Something tells me that Gudbranson is as good as good at the end of the year anyway. Might as well get something good for him.

Now if Guddy plays awesome and ups his value then obviously more could be added to the return of Hawlyruk.

Perhaps McCoshen and Hawlyruk?

Sure glad that the Demers trade fell thru tho....yikes

Jv is going to be a good pf but he is not an enforcer and maroon would kill him. 

If there is a reasonable risk guddy walks then yes, you move him and get something something.  I think guddy would be happy to stay here and if he performs up to his potential, I would want to see him re-signed.  

Hin

5 hours ago, missioncanucksfan said:

Oh please....

Watch Ryan Hartman on Chicago and you will change your mind.

Piss n vinegar is what Hawlyruk is all about.

Kid has speed coming out of his ears and loves to agitate and will be adding his scoring touch soon enough.

Having Hawlyruk and Lockwood will give this team tons of excitement 

I'm not against small players if they can play. Like I said we have ENOUGH of them already. 

1 hour ago, Where's Wellwood said:

He had hip problems earlier this summer didn't he? I'm sure he could be as injured as Lupul

Lupul failed his physical and then an independent Dr verified the diagnosis.  Luongo passed his physical and has played a game already.  So as of right now, no. He's not as injured as Lupul 

Big, strong, physical shutdown defenceman, still relatively young and coming into playing his best hockey?

Gudbranson is the type of player that would get traded for value far lower than what he's actually worth to a team. If we're moving him, it has to be for a young replacement defenceman back. The Panthers do have some brilliant young D-men though...

Archived