The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

POWER PLAY AGAINST FLAMES Oct 14, 2017

Fanaholic

Can SOMEBODY, ANYBODY teach this team that you have to MOVE to score on the power play.   I got TORTURED tonight by a TEAM that does NOT have a CLUE how to move . . . 

Same old, same old, same old.  This is a tragedy;  a huge one.    We need to play YOUNG PLAYERS more and at least we might see some excitement on the ice even if we lose.

HONESTLY, I don't think I can take much more of this.   No wonder the building has so many empty seats. 

7 minutes ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Baertschi-Horvat-Granlund

Boeser-Del Zotto

Virtanen-Gagner-Vanek

Stecher-Pouliot

should be the units

This has to be the Sedins last year. They aren't even PP players anymore. They can't shoot, skate, hit, defend. The only thing they can do is pass and even that isn't what it used to be. I wouldn't be opposed to Daniel on the PP just because his shot is a little better than Henrik's but there's no reason to have both of them out on special teams. Let's hope Travis learned something from WD last year. The time to make a change is now. 

We should break the Sedans up. Hank can still pass and if he knows his bro ain't on the ice he will find other opportunities. I'd like to see this line up in PP:

Hank (behind the blueline)

Loui in front of the net (that's his office which the canucks still haven't figured out :picard:)

Boeser up on the blueline (moving down)

Del Zotto as the lone d-man

and Vanek on the other side.

They need to be way more aggressive on their powerplay opportunities. Even at 5 on 3 they look like they're playing even strength. Looks like everyone is too afraid to make a mistake that they just make a bunch of simple passes until they eventually lose it.

Need someone like Kesler who isn't afraid to be greedy and shoot the puck. Hopefully they can get Boeser to be that trigger man.

17 hours ago, BlackRedYellow said:

We should break the Sedans up. Hank can still pass and if he knows his bro ain't on the ice he will find other opportunities. I'd like to see this line up in PP:

Hank (behind the blueline)

Loui in front of the net (that's his office which the canucks still haven't figured out :picard:)

Boeser up on the blueline (moving down)

Del Zotto as the lone d-man

and Vanek on the other side.

Yes split them up and get them away from that useless cycle. If they are apart they will revert to being play makers. 

Brock can shoot and so can virtanen. Virtanen should be in the slot not in front if the net 

One thing I'm surprised about with brock is how intelligent he is. 

He is going to be a better player than bo 

Archived