The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Most Memorable Canuck Goals

McIlhargey the Lesser

8 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

While most my favourites have been covered by others already, there's another that sticks out to me, only because I was there and it was kind of comical.

It was the playoffs (I can't remember which year) against the Jets at the old Pacific Coliseum.  Ronning put one the went over the net, hit the glass, hit Essensa in the back and went in.  Except nobody saw it go in.  There was this weird pause while people were looking up for the puck and it was already in the net.  

Good times!

1992 - 93 season? I remember the goal, it was a Bute! 

I don't have the clips, but off the top of my head...

Bure Game 7 OT vs Calgary

Burrows Game 7 OT vs Chicago

Bieksa Stanchion OT Goal

Greg Adams! Greg Adams! Greg Adams!

That two-goal game in Linden's final season

Both of Linden's Game 7 goals vs NYR in Game 7

Dave Babych's hat trick

Bure's breakaway goal in the series-winning game vs Dallas in 1994

Ronning's playoff OT goal vs LA where he rode the stick afterward

Tiger Williams' stick riding goal

Aucoin scoring in his first regular season game and his first playoff game

7 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I don't have the clips. but off the top of my head...

Bure Game 7 OT vs Calgary

Burrows Game 7 OT vs Chicago

Bieksa Stanchion OT Goal

Greg Adams! Greg Adams! Greg Adams!

That two-goal game in Linden's final season

Both of Linden's Game 7 goals vs NYR in Game 7

Dave Babych's hat trick

Bure's breakaway goal in the series-winning game vs Dallas in 1994

Ronning's playoff OT goal vs LA where he rode the stick afterward

Tiger Williams' stick riding goal

Aucoin scoring in his first regular season game and his first playoff game

Obviously Burrows OT goals in 2011, Druken, Danny's between the legs, Cooke, Lappy all come to mind, but this one's a bit more personal for me. December 9th, 2015, Canucks and Rangers. I'd just ended my relationship with my girlfriend of two years that afternoon and hoped the game would cheer me up a bit. The Canucks were slumping, the Rags were hot, so I wasn't expecting a W. First two periods were a goaltending battle, and then finally in the third, the Canucks scored first, only to have the Rangers tie it moments later on a BS penalty shot. It was typical Canuck luck. Then a few moments later, the Canucks had a good forecheck going in the Rangers zone, and Edler made a beauty of a slap pass to Daniel at the side of the net, and Daniel buried it. The boys held on and took the game 2-1. Cheered me up on one of my worst days. 

9 hours ago, mooby said:

1992 - 93 season? I remember the goal, it was a Bute! 

That sounds about right.  We were in the last row behind Essensa so we had a great view of the whole thing.

If I remember right, the Canucks lost that game in OT but won the series the next game.  The place was packed, and loud.  It was such a great atmosphere.

On 28/10/2017 at 0:04 AM, BowtieCanuck said:

Pavel's goal in game 7 is the reason I'm a life long Canucks fan. April 10th, 1994, is one of the greatest days of my life.

We were camping in the middle of nowhere, glued to the radio...it was like magic and seemed.sureal..the five of us started cheering and at the same time heard another group of fans go nuts somewhere half a kilometre from us.  Never forget for as long as I live.  Watched the game when I got home on our VCR and it brought me back to the side of the lake with all the cheering back and forth that went on for minutes.  Great times....and then Dallas and TO ....

Archived