The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, b3. said:

I sure didn’t miss Edler.

i tried, really, really hard to defend edler as much as i could, and i know, i know it's only one game back, but we can't use that excuse anymore. this man makes me sigh, every time he steps on to the ice. he's a warm body on the roster. that's it and thats been the way it's been for years. it's to the point now where i dont want to see this guy on my tv

4 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The game had already been won by the Ducks once the puck was dropped tonight, did not show up  ready to compete, and simply handed the W right to the Ducks.  

Tired or not, the focus, effort, and urgency lacked right from puck drop.  Pathetic and embarrassing watching that hot mess.

What is more worrying is that these symptoms have been evident in the previous 2 games but Markstrom sheltered the team from the consequences. We need Tanev back and Hutton needs a rest, he has been overworked up to now and it is beginning to show. 

Too many senseless penalties didn't help either.

I don't like the way Granny has been marginalised and I'm not keen on Jake with the Twins - he is wasted on that line.

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i tried, really, really hard to defend edler as much as i could, and i know, i know it's only one game back, but we can't use that excuse anymore. this man makes me sigh, every time he steps on to the ice. he's a warm body on the roster. that's it and thats been the way it's been for years. it's to the point now where i dont want to see this guy on my tv

Yeh because the D looked so good against Calgary (a team less gifted than the Ducks) 

Get over you dislike for Edler and yes you're right it was his first game back after a long layoff.

What's the deal here, only the players that you like get to have 3 or 4 games to get up to speed? This picking on Edler is so classless.

3 hours ago, Darius71 said:

This D is too thin to have any combo of 2 starting d men out. 

It’s concerning that they only have one high end prospect in the d position in light of the fact tha dmen usually take longer to develop, it’s no wonder JB is throwing Hail Marys with guys like pouliot. 

Lots of people are ragging on gudbranson, with good reason. I think we can thank Ferland of Calgary for that deal. He wrecked the soft Canuck D in the playoffs that year and  JB had enough. It was humiliating to watch a AHL hack (at least back then he was) dismantle the D .Given the fact that JB came from a team where mean nasty guys like mcquaid, boychuk, and chara patrolled the blue line his move to get gudbranson shouldn’t be a surprise. 

Gudbranson would be ok if paired with a solid guy. He brings a lot of great things to the table, I’m just worried that the game has changed in a direction where a guy like guddy is ineffective. What would suck is if he just walks away at the end of the season. 

Maybe be the best thing is to keep losing and get a shot at an elite d man in this draft, I hate losing but aren’t we elated with Pettersson? He’s the product of losing after all.. 

Jeez, you saw all that in this one poor game from Gudbransson?

Even Biega was poor in that game, Hutton needs a rest, Pouliot was on his wrong side and it showed, Edler needs games and MDZ was inclined to panic.

5 hours ago, singing chef said:

With Jake buzzing up and down the ice looking for a pass from any Sedin, who are both looking to play catch with one another and completely ignore Jake, don't look for him to step up physically any time soon.  Jake's heavy hitting has been put away for a while.  Until he is removed from the Sedin line his game will never surface and his talent (speed and hitting) will be wasted. 

Thank goodness someone else can see this horrible mismatch of a line. Jake is in danger of being "ignored to death" He revs up, barrels up the ice, only to look round to see the Twins waddling along miles behind him.

I hear the twins have had a discussion and have decided to give Jake a "meaningful pass" for his Christmas.

1 minute ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i'm pretty sure you just low key troll my posts at this point XD

Low key troll?

I've no idea what that means. I don't minus people (not even you) just for having a different opinion though like some of the 8th grade failures on here seem to get off on.

You want to see "trolling" go look at Hockey101's posts to me.

You really think it is fair to come down on a guy on his first game back after a MCL injury? Especially when the rest of the team bar one or two players are playing like they had  MCL injuries?

5 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Low key troll?

I've no idea what that means. I don't minus people (not even you) just for having a different opinion though like some of the 8th grade failures on here seem to get off on.

You want to see "trolling" go look at Hockey101's posts to me.

You really think it is fair to come down on a guy on his first game back after a MCL injury? Especially when the rest of the team bar one or two players are playing like they had  MCL injuries?

idk who hockey101 is XD i can give elder the benefit of the doubt for having one game back, but where does that end. are we just going to keep making excuses for this guy?

"he logs heavy minutes" okay, so do a lot of other guys in the league. at the end of the day alex edler is really nothing special. he's like that typical guy from your work-- that lazy guy who does the least amount of work, but is just "good enough" to get the job done that you can't really get rid of, because he fills that job description

14 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

idk who hockey101 is XD i can give elder the benefit of the doubt for having one game back, but where does that end. are we just going to keep making excuses for this guy?

"he logs heavy minutes" okay, so do a lot of other guys in the league. at the end of the day alex edler is really nothing special. he's like that typical guy from your work-- that lazy guy who does the least amount of work, but is just "good enough" to get the job done that you can't really get rid of, because he fills that job description

Your last para suggests to me that you actually don't watch complete games played by Edler and don't watch "a lot of other guys in the league" so we will just agree to disagree.

Maybe you could have waited 3 or 4 games before launching in though (with respect do you know what having an MCL injury entails? ) as it would have been fairer to "our own player"

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

well last year i was near the very bottom XD im on the pace for the same placement x__x i think those of us who are at the bottom should get a point advantage for the next season LOL

Hahaha if only life was this easy :)

Archived