The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Anaheim Ducks

-Vintage Canuck-

I got off of work a bit early and got home in time for the third period. I thought maybe I jinxed them, but it sounds like a bad game all around.

I saw the Ducks spread out and take their man if the puck goes in their area, then they all collapse down and box us out. They then outlet up to two guys close together and get the puck in deep. After that, they out-worked us. That's what I saw in the third. Sounds like they dictated the game like that all the way through??

Onwards and sidewards.

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

The game had already been won by the Ducks once the puck was dropped tonight, did not show up  ready to compete, and simply handed the W right to the Ducks.  

Tired or not, the focus, effort, and urgency lacked right from puck drop.  Pathetic and embarrassing watching that hot mess.

there was no excuse of why the game was tied in the 2nd period with the Ducks lineup tonight... no killer instinct with this team. most embarrassing game of the year so far for me. 

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We weren’t good, it’s pretty simple. Too many turnovers, not enough push. We were outplayed tonight.” - Horvat

glad someone said it.  im sure green will too.  horvat line was the only line forcing play into the ana zone for the first 2 periods.

that was all the Horvat line.

Just now, CaptainKool said:

4 PP during 3rd period. It was totally momentum killer

mine was when Henrik or Daniel lost the puck on the PP when they were set up with nobody near him. that deflated me and probably deflated his teammates too. 

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“This should be a wake-up call for us. We’ve been outplayed a few games in a row here and we need to pick it up. We made them look really good tonight, we got what we deserved.” - Gudbranson

you were terrible tonight guddy. gg

I noticed our net front coverage cost us those two goals at the start of the third. I think it was Guddy on the first one(3rd goal) and surprisingly Del Zotto lost his guy for the second(4th). I think that took the wind out of the sails of some of the players. Plus it looked like some of them were a little physically intimidated. If you're gonna take lumps anyway, you might as well get in there and battle. (insert balls comment here)

I'd like to see some huge line-up changes. 

Baertschi/Horvat/Boeser (first line)

Gagner/Sutter/Virtanen (Very good mix of size, speed, and skill, Virtanen would be much suited playing alongside two fast players who play a similar game)

Sedin/Sedin/Vanek(Have good chemistry particularly on the PP, just haven't been able to convert. Vanek knows how to get in position much better for that Sedin pass)

Granlund/Gaunce/Dorsett (Shutdown line. Gaunce moves into Sutter's old role and now Sutter can focus on scoring again)

Burmistrov

Edler/Pouliot

Del Zotto/Gudbranson

Hutton/Biega

Archived