The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Nucks @ kings

combover

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Virtanen sits again, but Gagner, Vanek, and the Twins play.  If not for Bo and Brock, I wouldn’t even watch.  

I don't mind Vanek, he's not the greatest but he's not bad either. Gagner on the other hand...biggest yikes

37 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The Kings were (are) in the same boat for cap troubles as the Oilers, but now they are doing really well again.  Hopefully the Oilers can’t wiggle their way free of the albatross contracts, like the Kings seem to have managed.

Just wonder what would have happened had Richards played for Canucks... Do you think the league would have allowed them to do the same?

46 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. I'm all for that. I could see him doing well in Edmonton, and could also see Chiapet going for a trade. I wonder how he'd finagle that one with Lucic's albatross of a contract already on the books, and McDavid's mammoth contract kicking in soon.

I'm thinking we get the Nuge as part of a Loui deal. More players would need to be involved but those two at the heart of it. 

51 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

agreed, the Sedin's are the 2nd best option. I'd like to see Loui with Bo and Brock, but I can't see Green moving Baer off that line. 

Probably my not.  It is pretty evident that Sedins are a major challenge for Green.  Sad and frustrating to see how far and fast they have fallen.  Hopefully, this is their last season and green can find a way to keep their minutes low enough to not delay opportunities for the youth while still not embarrassing them.  I think he wS there when they were getting 8-9 minutes but based on their icetime since Pittsburgh, it appears they were not satisfied and he has accommodated them.  

33 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Move him back on a line with Sutter and Granlund...?

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Granlund, Sutter, Eriksson (still capable defensive/match up line but likely more offensive upside)

Gaunce/Vanek, Burmistrov, Gagner/Virtanen (Rotate one of the 5 every game, Gagner or Gaunce moves to C when Burm's out)

Sedin, Sedin, Dorsett (Keeps Dorsett fresher playing balls to the wall closer to 10 mins rather than 17+/-)

No, Sutter and Dorsett have been great together. So if you're talking Loui-Sutter-Dorsett maybe.

1 minute ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Probably my not.  It is pretty evident that Sedins are a major challenge for Green.  Sad and frustrating to see how far and fast they have fallen.  Hopefully, this is their last season and green can find a way to keep their minutes low enough to not delay opportunities for the youth while still not embarrassing them.  I think he wS there when they were getting 8-9 minutes but based on their icetime since Pittsburgh, it appears they were not satisfied and he has accommodated them.  

That's it in a nutshell. Keep their minutes low so they have some gas in the tank. Don't play them in OT and give them a decent linemate. Make their last year a decent one.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

No, Sutter and Dorsett have been great together. So if you're talking Loui-Sutter-Dorsett maybe.

Don't disagree. Could theoretically swap Dors/Granny but IMO, Granny needs more minutes 5v5 than he'd see on the Sedin line and Dors probably shouldn't be playing the way he does, 15+ a night.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Lucic-Petterson-Goldy? Skill and scare line? 

Lucic is on the decline and will struggle to keep up as the team and league gets faster.  I don't want any more aging vets with term. We are already overloaded and struggling to accommodate those kinds of contracts.  

Archived