The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Nucks @ kings

combover

41 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I don't think it's the losses that are bringing the fan base down, as much as it is the effort level, and the supplanting of younger players for older, less effective players.

When the Canucks lost games two weeks ago, they were in them essentially until the end. The games were exciting and a real glimpse of the future. The effort was there. The last two games have shown a considerable drop in effort and chemistry. Not sure what to correlate that to, outside of the return of Edler and Eriksson.

The team has had a day off, and a practice. Personally, I'd like to see the same effort level that the team had against the Penguins and Capitals. If the Canucks can put that out there, and stay in the game, it'll be worth watching.

It's really easy to surprise a team with a new coach and new style of play. The video for several handfuls of games being out now it gives opposing teams something to plan an attack against. No more surprises, and teams with more talent can take advantage.

Sad if Virtanen is not in the line up and those other overpaid, underachievers are!  Why doesn't Green park Dorsett in front of the net during our powerplays?  He would create havoc for the defense allowing the others to maybe hit the net once or twice.  Funny how guys can hit an empty net from centre ice but can't hit the net from 20 feet out.  

14 minutes ago, Green Building said:

It's really easy to surprise a team with a new coach and new style of play. The video for several handfuls of games being out now it gives opposing teams something to plan an attack against. No more surprises, and teams with more talent can take advantage.

I have faith in Green's ability as a tactician and line matcher. I think the biggest weakness of the team is on the man advantage. It would be wise to switch up the PP formations and borrow a page from Pittsburgh's powerplay, where they use unorthodox formations that make it harder to play against.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I have faith in Green's ability as a tactician and line matcher. I think the biggest weakness of the team is on the man advantage. It would be wise to switch up the PP formations and borrow a page from Pittsburgh's powerplay, where they use unorthodox formations that make it harder to play against.

I think the biggest weakness on the PP is the lack of a PP QB.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

That is a gaping hole, as is having a legitimate net front presence. As well, some of the PP personnel pass way too much, and seem to have a hard time keeping it in their end.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

In my opinion Pettersson is the type of player that our PP needs. The PP needs a guy that the opposing team is afraid to move in on. What I mean is if a guy lunges at Crosby/Kane/etc., they know that there is a high likelihood of getting burned which causes an immediate scoring opportunity. We don't have a guy that is quite skilled enough to do this. That's why the Sedins were so good back in the day that they could immediately create space and trick the other team into moving the wrong way, opening up an opportunity.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Yes, our PP makes me 

giphy.gif 

One main reason Pittsburgh can get away with unorthodox formations is who they deploy. Kessle, Crosby, Malkin, and Letang can be a little more creative than who we have. I think we can get better, but I'm not expecting much better than we have now until we get a little more offensively talented players on the team.

I always look forward to LA games. I hope Doughty is humiliated somehow. The amount of discretion the league gives LA is mind boggling. How the Nucks respond will be very interesting after the last two games. I predict an overtime loss with the Sedins caught in the offensive zone. 

Archived