The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

Just now, R3aL said:

Agree to disagree - I don't think adding Kadri takes us to the playoffs

this is all very hypothetical as well

I agree.  Adding Kadri doesn't take us to the playoffs.  It will make our draft position worse though.  He's a good player, and would make us slightly better in the short term.

so a cdc member posts a rumour of a deal and this thread goes a bit nuts. In what world is a UFA Guddy worth a signed Kadri who fits Babcocks system to a T. Let alone some add ons.

It isnt april 1st but that was a funny thing to see on here thats for sure

15 minutes ago, Yotes said:

so a cdc member posts a rumour of a deal and this thread goes a bit nuts. In what world is a UFA Guddy worth a signed Kadri who fits Babcocks system to a T. Let alone some add ons.

It isnt april 1st but that was a funny thing to see on here thats for sure

a made up rumour at that lol.  this topic was getting a little stale.  You gotta have a little fun. i wanted to pretend i was an insider for an hour. :D  

thats how eklund does it; isnt it? :DDD

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Guddy is a Dman, who will (likely) play effectively his role into his mid 30s.

Kadri, who I like too, will slow down, and his grinder game style will no longer be as effective in a couple years.  

If Kadri plays a grinder game, then what does Gudbranson play? Not sure I follow your logic here Alf?

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I would certainly like to get Kadri, and then trade him though.  Like a 3 way deal?

lol so you want him just so you can flip him before he gets a chance to put on the jersey? You got me confused pal :wacko:

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Not if we trade for Kadri, and then keep him, it isn't.  

Even if we trade a pending UFA for him? For all we know, JB has no intentions of ponying up on a long term deal for Gudbranson.

Also, you have to remember that we have 2 37 year olds that might retire at the end of this year. Kadri is 10 years younger than Henrik. So there's a lot of moving parts here.

31 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

a made up rumour at that lol.  this topic was getting a little stale.  You gotta have a little fun. i wanted to pretend i was an insider for an hour. :D  

thats how eklund does it; isnt it? :DDD

You need an e(insert number from 1-5 here) for authenticity, Rush. C'mon man!

10 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Even if we trade a pending UFA for him? For all we know, JB has no intentions of ponying up on a long term deal for Gudbranson.

Also, you have to remember that we have 2 37 year olds that might retire at the end of this year. Kadri is 10 years younger than Henrik. So there's a lot of moving parts here.

What about Guddy + Sutter for Kadri and the Leaf's coming first and the Russian guy?  Then Kadri could take on Sutter's role?

19 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Hearing rumours from a "confidental source" Gudbranson will be moved by this Weekend to TOR.  They are just waiting on the return to health of one Nikita Soshnikov.  The deal is said to include Nazem Kadri, Nikita Soshnikov, and a 3rd round selection in the 2019 draft.  

Very interesting. Am waiting for more news to break across the nhl media circuit.  Soshnikov is believed to be a very talented offensive winger who can fit into that top 9 scoring role by next season.  Gudbranson is day to day and is expected to be fully healthy by Friday.

I remember when Luongo had been traded to Toronto.....

44 minutes ago, Alflives said:

What about Guddy + Sutter for Kadri and the Leaf's coming first and the Russian guy?  Then Kadri could take on Sutter's role?

i like your thinking alf.  we should petition Jim and Trev to have alf named as a special adviser. If i was aqualini I'd hire ya!

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Yay! More reductive nonsense and comparing him to a not even NHL level plug and an 8th D :rolleyes:

2nd highest PDO on the team behind Tanev. 2nd highest Dzone starts behind Tanev, plays PK, plays 18-22 minutes most nights (even with us basically having 3, 2nd pairs).

3rd pair D don't do that there Sparky.

I thoroughly enjoy this topic with you haha! You're even using TOI now (albeit the incorrect ATOI) :bigblush:

Archived