The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Maple Leafs Have Interest In Erik Gudbranson

Bo53Horvat

3 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Failed to grasp at the point, but whatever.

You rarely see a pending UFAs fetch a first round pick, let alone a good prospect, unless it's a top end player like a Tavares.

its a lot harder thats for sure. That wrist injury last year really screwed our trade potential, not sure anyone can blame the GM for that but it is what it is. 

We're going to have a lot of cap space over the next 4-5 years, we need pushback, its that simple imo. I also think Green will get better play out of him, Green has done that for every player under him so far. I'm really hoping to hear about an extension in January.

I think the Canucks would like to retain him, but I'm not as convinced that Gudbranson will want to stay. 

He seems like the type of guy that wants to win and be in the playoffs and hates losing.  That likely won't happen consistently here for a while - 2 - 3 years minimum but more likely 3 years plus if things continue to trend positively.  

$5 - 6 million/yr in Vancouver or the same somewhere like Toronto or ? I think Gudbranson may welcome an opportunity to win and get paid more than staying here.

Just now, oldnews said:

It's a cool story but your sources are absent.

Please cite yours... I mean it isn’t possible that you are just being a contrary goober trying to shut down discussion because trading Gudbranson makes you sad... I know you are still taking the Hodgson thing badly... but that is no excuse.

I stated what I believe will likely happen and your response is “prove it”?  You prove it won’t and i will happily concede the point.

2 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Failed to grasp at the point, but whatever.

You rarely see a pending UFAs fetch a first round pick, let alone a good prospect, unless it's a top end player like a Tavares.

Really?  I just watched 35 year old Alex Burrows return Dahlen.

Look again and you'll find countless pending UFAs returning the equivalent, or more, than a 1st.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Please cite yours... I mean it isn’t possible that you are just being a contrary goober trying to shut down discussion because trading Gudbranson makes you sad... I know you are still taking the Hodgson thing badly... but that is no excuse.

I stated what I believe will likely happen and your response is “prove it”?  You prove it won’t and i will happily concede the point.

What a weak sidetrack -  that you can't and don't speak for Benning doesn't require a 'source'. 

You claim multiple sources inform your knowledge of the future, and respond with.....an expectation that someone else match your arrogance in predicting the future. 

Sorry, your claims are yours alone to 'prove'.  The idea that the future can be 'proven' is absurd.

Not willing to stand behind your 'sources' obviously.

Thanks for the laugh about Hodgson though - you clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but feel free to quote something.

15 minutes ago, Provost said:

Multiple reporters have indicated that the team is looking at trading Gudbranson sooner rather than later.

Could you please cite those because I have yet to see any aside from Botchford, who is, I must repeat again, not a sourceSubstantive sources for not only the team's intent to trade, but also this "sooner than later" claim.

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Really?  I just watched 35 year old Alex Burrows return Dahlen.

Look again and you'll find countless pending UFAs returning the equivalent, or more, than a 1st.

Ottawa wasn't going to make that trade unless Burrows agree to sign an extension. 

Now, if you brought up the Hansen-Goldobin trade, you might have a point.

10 minutes ago, shiznak said:

Ottawa wasn't going to make that trade unless Burrows agree to sign an extension. 

Now, if you brought up the Hansen-Goldobin trade, you might have a point.

No, I wouldn't have a point - because Hansen was not a pending UFA.

But the ability to enable a team to talk to a player and agent, to negotiate an extension as part of a deal is precisely the ability that Benning has IF he is inclined to deal Gudbranson - not unlike what he also did in acquiring Sutter.

However, I'd have a point if I brought up about 100 other deals.

Plugs like Roman Polak have been rented for multiple 2nds.

Douglas Murray was 2x2nd rental.

If you want to talk about quality rentals, there are countless that were dealt for 1sts and more.

A Ryan Miller rental cost ST Louis a 1st+  if you want another close to home example.  There are countless.  And this isn't necessarily simply a rental.

27 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Could you please cite those because I have yet to see any aside from Botchford, who is, I must repeat again, not a sourceSubstantive sources for not only the team's intent to trade, but also this "sooner than later" claim.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/report-erik-gudbranson-likely-to-be-traded

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/top-10-nhl-trade-candidates-for-the-2017-18-season

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-list-1.203546

http://www.sportsnet.ca/650/the-program/friedman-future-canucks-brock-bo-plus-managing-expectations-vancouver/

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/audio/ferraro-canucks-must-make-decision-on-gudbranson-by-trade-deadline-1.925247

https://theathletic.com/124788/2017/10/13/a-chat-with-canucks-gm-jim-benning-who-walks-a-fine-line/

(If you don't have the Athletic the Benning quote from that late one was that the big strong stay at home guy who can't make a play has been eliminated from the game.  The new trend is like Nashville and Anaheim with offensive, transition type defencemen.)

This has been a well trodden discussion with all the guys on both 1040 and 650... so you don't just get to pretend it is just Botchford going rogue on it.

He is on pretty much every trade bait list of player most likely to get moved.  The sooner rather than later comes from the increasing trend to make moves before the deadline so players get meshed into the system.  Your insistence that I need to prove beyond a shadow of the doubt that it is likely to happen is simply ludicrous and makes you look silly.

I demand that you prove to me that he won't be traded.  If you don't provide incontrovertible evidence you must cease posting immediately.  I will also choose to arbitrarily dismiss any sources that I personally don't find acceptable.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

ah....someone disagrees with your weak proposal....
WImage result for alzner lucic gif

Lol dude...you do realize you're hands down the biggest troll on CDC. Agent gives you a run for your money at times but you're a real piece of work. Have you ever stepped away from these boards for a few hours? You should try it some time. 

41 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

Lol dude...you do realize you're hands down the biggest troll on CDC. Agent gives you a run for your money at times but you're a real piece of work. Have you ever stepped away from these boards for a few hours? You should try it some time. 

Accolades on your use of "dude".

Weak response to the fact that your opinion of Matt Martin was extremely inflated.

39 minutes ago, Provost said:

This has been a well trodden discussion with all the guys on both 1040 and 650... so you don't just get to pretend it is just Botchford going rogue on it.

I demand that you prove to me that he won't be traded.  If you don't provide incontrovertible evidence you must cease posting immediately.

Image result for ron swanson rolls eyes gif

I remember the spring - when the Van media / 1040 were trolling Benning 24/7.....apparently he didn't know how to sell an asset...

And then he dealt Hansen and Burrows for Goldobin and Dahlen.....and they shut straight up.

I'm sure there will be some opportunists trying to score cheapshots as his team is hammered with injuries, but Benning is no idiot, and needs no schooling from a bunch of armchair hacks like 1040 or Botchford.  
But carry on.  If you believe those people are 'insiders' to his dealings, you're deluding yourself.

25 minutes ago, oldnews said:

No, I wouldn't have a point - because Hansen was not a pending UFA.

But the ability to enable a team to talk to a player and agent, to negotiate an extension as part of a deal is precisely the ability that Benning has IF he is inclined to deal Gudbranson - not unlike what he also did in acquiring Sutter.

However, I'd have a point if I brought up about 100 other deals.

Plugs like Roman Polak have been rented for multiple 2nds.

Douglas Murray was 2x2nd rental.

If you want to talk about quality rentals, there are countless that were dealt for 1sts and more.

A Ryan Miller rental cost ST Louis a 1st+  if you want another close to home example.  There are countless.  And this isn't necessarily simply a rental.

Thanks for proving my original point.

This is what you should expect as a return for Gudbranson.

50 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

He fell in the draft cause he missed a lot of the year due to mono and injury. 

Skinny.  We got Petersson at five in the same way; many believed he would go much higher if not so thin.  Lil is a very light/slight dman.  I would much rather keep Guddy.

Archived