The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Gabriel Landeskog suspended 4 games

11 minutes ago, poetica said:

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. But suspension definitely deserved.

Tkachuk is setting himself up for a world of hurt.  He takes being  pest beyond the limits and someone will hurt him bad.  If so, it will be deserved and I will shed no tears.  

16 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Tkachuk is setting himself up for a world of hurt.  He takes being  pest beyond the limits and someone will hurt him bad.  If so, it will be deserved and I will shed no tears.  

People used to say that about Marchand to. Still waiting for that to happen, even though he has cleaned up his play.

32 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

People used to say that about Marchand to. Still waiting for that to happen, even though he has cleaned up his play.

True enough, though tkachuk seems to be even less respectful than Marchand and if that is even possible and has been that way since he entered the league.  The only thing that prevents those kind of players from being taken off the ice on a stretcher is that the vast majority of players are classier and  not willing to stoop to the level of a tkachuk or marchand. 

On 27/11/2017 at 5:30 PM, Crabcakes said:

4 games is a lot for that imo.  Now, the narrator said, according the the CBA, Landeskog is no longer considered a repeat offender so this suspension should stand on it's own and it doesn't need to escalate from anything previous.  I think is is suspendable.  Call it a direct blow to the head, 3 games + 0 for not being a repeat offender.

I've ranted on here about weak or non-existent suspensions handed out by the league before.  I just want some consistency in the suspensions.  You do this, you get that.  If this is a repeat offense, the suspension is A + B + etc.  What are the comparables?  Make it simple and make it just and players will modify their behavior. 

I've said this before, get lawyers in there to make the rulings.  Why does it have to be done by ex-players?  I'm afraid the number is just arbitrary and made up on a case by case basis.   

On a $6M salary, that's $292,683 fwiw

I'm with you.  I am afraid that will never happen though.  Everything seems to be judged on "intent"  not on what actually happened.  I think intent should be thrown out the window, especially when calling penalties.  The rule book is pretty black and white.  Call the infractions when they happen, not based on how they effect the flow of the game or to even up another call.  Suspensions should be the same.  X games for this offence to matter what the outcome of the play and have a multiplier based on player history.  It is so frustrating to watch.

Even with the "New" slashing rule.  Players have said that the refs have started to relax on it.  That is such BS.  What was a penalty in October is only sometimes a penalty now.  I don't get the point of a rule book if your only going to use it some times.  

Rant over.

Archived