The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Roberto Luongo out 6-8 weeks

8 hours ago, 250Integra said:

He was not the same goalie after the initial groin injury with the Canucks. He was so athletic in his first few years with us, and then relied much more on positioning during his latter years. It could be a mixture of Rollie Melanson's coaching style, but it didn't look like he had the same flexibility, and he looked tentative to stretch out to make saves.

I agree, Melanson or the groin took his natural athletic style to a robot type of fundemantals. I hope he can recover from this Florida needs him.

12 hours ago, 250Integra said:

He was not the same goalie after the initial groin injury with the Canucks. He was so athletic in his first few years with us, and then relied much more on positioning during his latter years. It could be a mixture of Rollie Melanson's coaching style, but it didn't look like he had the same flexibility, and he looked tentative to stretch out to make saves.

In a way, I think that made him a better goaltender. 

16 hours ago, combover said:

That’s too bad he was having a great season on a bad team. 

Suprised well not really that Florida hasn’t found a guy to split dities more evenly with there now 38 year old starter, sure hope he doesn’t start thinking about the R word. Or Vancouver will be in a bad place. 

Maybe he can develop a debilitating equipment allergy?

I hear it can be quite detrimental to a player in his twilight years.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:40 PM, 250Integra said:

exactly. now at 38 whats going to happen? Personally I think hes done. he may come back but he wont be good enough. id bet this is his last year.

I think he may come back but will not be the same goalie, or he will realize that and just not come back. 

can someone elaborate on the LTIR and give an opinion on whether florida would do this or not? or will Luongo just retire? 

sorry, not sure how it all works

Thanks 

1 hour ago, erkayloomeh said:

exactly. now at 38 whats going to happen? Personally I think hes done. he may come back but he wont be good enough. id bet this is his last year.

I am kinda leaning that way as well. Next year his salary is 3 million something... the year after it is 1.5 million. I think it may be over.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:19 PM, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Am i a bad person for hoping he retires because of this? Or prongers LTIR trick? I have a bad feeling we are gonna get burned with that 8 million penalty for that last year and id like to avoid that

The thought crossed my mind. He can't retire though, he has to remain on LTIR. 

I do not want to see Luongo hurt but I do not think that Pronger was injured all those years either. Just get Dr. Nick to declare him unfit to play and let him shift into retirement on LTIR.

Archived