The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau more unpopular than popular for the first time since election: survey

tbone909

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

His dad did 11 straight years not 16. He was defeated by Joe Clarke in 79.

Kos does not say he did 16 straight, in the post you quoted.

Congrats, both you and Kos are right and neither is wrong. Who would of thought it possible?:ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pierre Trudeau - Prime Minister - Biography

Synopsis. Born in Montreal on October 18, 1919, Pierre Trudeau was the 15th prime minister of Canada for nearly 16 years. His charismatic personality matched ...

https://www.biography.com/people/pierre-trudeau-9510956

Yup I have already corrected you on this b4. He was pm from 68 to 79 and then 80 to 84. King is the longest serving pm. I think Pierre is 3rd or 4th.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yup I have already corrected you on this b4. He was pm from 68 to 79 and then 80 to 84. King is the longest serving pm. I think Pierre is 3rd or 4th.

Pierre is 3rd all - time.  BUT number one in modern Post 1948 CDN history.....

I have corrected Mr. Strome enough about this already.... Pierre was PM was approx.  15.5 years in total. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Canada_by_time_in_office

Edited by kingofsurrey

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

He has said that b4 but its all good I like @kingofsurrey. I even like him more now that he is not sure about voting liberal again in 2019.:P

Yes,  Green Party is proving itself to be the party of the future for Canadians....

My grandma votes PC though.... bless her soul.   So many seniors vote PC.  Too bad the PC party can't attract voters under the age of 85 year olds......

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Pierre is 3rd all - time.  BUT number one in modern Post 1948 CDN history.....

I have corrected Mr. Strome enough about this already.... Pierre was PM was approx.  15.5 years in total. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Canada_by_time_in_office

Trudeaumania was only 1968 after that he won a minority then was defeated after that he won again in 80 and by 84 the liberals were decimated and Mulroney won the biggest majority in Canadian history. Basically voters not happy with Pierre. Trudeau became so unpopular that Chretien did not want him involved in the referendum. Polarizing figure for sure but just looking at numbers don't tell the whole story qbout PET. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Trudeaumania was only 1968 after that he won a minority then was defeated after that he won again in 80 and by 84 the liberals were decimated and Mulroney won the biggest majority in Canadian history. Basically voters not happy with Pierre. Trudeau became so unpopular that Chretien did not want him involved in the referendum. Polarizing figure for sure but just looking at numbers don't tell the whole story qbout PET. 

Agreed.

Pierre Elliot Trudea is for all intent all the puposes..... the Father of Modern Day Canada.

We all owe him so much.................

On 9/8/2018 at 10:26 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

but they actually were mostly part time job losses, whats wrong with stating a fact? 

you must be new here  :P 

It is always what is stated. Of course there is a bigger swing on the transitional roles.

Usually when there are new jobs created the line is..."just part time McJobs".  Like it is irrelevant. So when those are the ones that are going I guess they should be equally irrelevant. 

Edited by Shift-4

2 hours ago, Shift-4 said:

you must be new here  :P 

It is always what is stated. Of course there is a bigger swing on the transitional roles.

Usually when there are new jobs created the line is..."just part time McJobs".  Like it is irrelevant. So when those are the ones that are going I guess they should be equally irrelevant. 

never meant to suggest that, just that sometimes there are seasonal swings and it has nothing to do with the policies of the government of the day. E.g., I'd hate to see Canada go into even more massive debt just for a percentage point bump in temporary job numbers full or part time. 

1 hour ago, riffraff said:

We all still pay.

Correct.  Pretty much all the top countries in the world to live in....  people do have to pay.....

Thats the way it is.   We are all lucky to get to live in a great country like Canada.   PET is a big part of modern day canada as it is today... 

15 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Correct.  Pretty much all the top countries in the world to live in....  people do have to pay.....

Thats the way it is.   We are all lucky to get to live in a great country like Canada.   PET is a big part of modern day canada as it is today... 

I owe no politician 

its a two way street at best

Edited by riffraff
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

Girl in Burnaby murdered by Syrian refugee.  Going to raise questions of the rapid vetting process.  

Sad stuff.. random act of 1st degree murder. this world can be a cruel place

“We still believe that this crime was a random act, meaning Marrisa did not know the suspect and vice versa,” said Supt. Donna Richardson, officer in charge of IHIT. She said she could not speak to motive and other details as the case is now before the courts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/marrisa-shen-homicide-developments-1.4817072

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/police-to-share-significant-update-in-murder-of-burnaby-teen-marrisa-shen

1 hour ago, bolt said:

Girl in Burnaby murdered by Syrian refugee.  Going to raise questions of the rapid vetting process.  

I'm sure the anti-Trudeau and anti-immigration factions will rush to use this as justification for their criticisms/positions....

...just as the pro-Trump faction does, south of the border.

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm sure the anti-Trudeau and anti-immigration factions will rush to use this as justification for their criticisms/positions....

...just as the pro-Trump faction does, south of the border.

Yup, watch for  the racists now to crawl out from under their rocks.... and  start shouting out with their hatred / ignorant rhetoric......   

How many murders this year in BC committed by  Canadian citizens..... ? 

Edited by kingofsurrey

3 hours ago, bolt said:

While this murder, like every murder, is horrible and should have never happened, I can't see how it raises questions regarding the vetting process. Unless the murderer was openly stating that he was going to kill someone or was blatantly aggressive, how would vetting have determined that he was going to commit the heinous act he did?

Don't get me wrong, the bastard should be destroyed, in my opinion, but not because he's a Syrian refugee, more so because he's a murdering son of a bitch.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Upvote 3