The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT]: Canucks vs. Kings: Tastebud Approved, Saturday, Dec. 30th, 2017 7 PM PST

Qwags

1 hour ago, mll said:

He has been skating.  They only had 12 healthy forwards with Burmistrov leaving.  

Everyone knows he's been skating. He would have been the 13th forward. Champut is a center. I'm wondering how far off Sutter really is? Do you know?

8 hours ago, spook007 said:

If the BB, Vanek, Gagner line can keep playing like this, just think of what we look like when Horvat, Baertchi and Sutter comes back...

Damn that will be some team....

For now keep going with flow.....

Most exciting hockey in years....

The silver lining here is that while their record in December has sucked, they're getting looks at some players who they wouldn't have otherwise seen play at all or play in certain situations.

Who's stepping up?

1. Boeser.  His production has not changed, maybe it's better, since the Horvat and Baertschi injuries.  It is clear that he is the straw that stirs the drink.  He just rolls along no matter who he plays with.
  2. Vanek.  
  3. Gagner.  Is his play of late indicative of his streaky nature or is he finally finding his game?
  4. Virtanen.  Light bulbs coming on with Jake.  I doubt this has anything to do with stepping up, just finding it.

Who is not?

1. Burmistrov.  Say no more.  Good luck in the KHL.
  2. Boucher.  Finally got a look.  2 games, 3 shots, -3.  Healthy scratch in favour of Biega.  Meh.
  3. Goldobin.  Meh.  Still finding game.  9 games, 1 goal, 7 shots, -5.
  4. Markstrom.  Stats sliding.  Good for a softie.  Is he a career back up?
  5. Nilsson.  Same.

I'm not so worried about defense.  Hutton and Stecher are not having stellar years.  MDZ is showing us who he really is after a good start, 3rd pair.  Pouliot showing promise but really needs to play.

Worthy of mention

Biega.  Nice piece to have.  7D.  Go Bulldog.

Dowd.  Showing as a decent 4C.  Will be 13th man when team healthy imo.

Granlund.  Struggling this year.  I really think he'll find it eventually though.  40.4% face offs.  Better on the wing?

5 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Everyone knows he's been skating. He would have been the 13th forward. Champut is a center. I'm wondering how far off Sutter really is? Do you know?

Sutter is a week away.  I'm guessing.

Chaput is a centre yes.  They like the versatility.  

Utica injury list.  Not exactly flush.

10 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Green said today that Sutter and Baer are getting closer to be back practicing with the team. 

27 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

With Tanev back we'll be carrying 8 defencemen. I would imagine someone on the blueline gets moved, probably Gudbranson just because he's due for a contract.

I don't think Tanev's playing.  He and Biega stayed late after optional today.

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think he's a better player than that. He might get 3 goals and 2 assists. He's a very complete player for a rookie (Not perfect, he still has to round out his game). Unlike a lot of wingers he makes players on his line better. That's a rare thing for a winger, and a lot more common with centres. The scary thing is he's a rookie. What is the guy's ceiling? It will be fun to find out. 

Ghosts..This is how Isles fans felt forty yrs ago, y'gotta figure.

Archived