The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

With 43 games remaining, how should Travis Green turn the ship around?

kurtzfan

On 1/8/2018 at 4:26 PM, wai_lai416 said:

lol there's no turning around.. our goaltenders can't even stop beach ball.. unless they make the puck bigger than the net.. our goaltenders can't even stop them.. their confidence is completely shot.. i mean how many terrible goals have they let in this season now like the catch from markstrom that luckily didn't count? just keep playing the way they are develop the young forwards.. don't worry about the score since we ain't stopping anything. address the goaltending in the summer either FA or Demko and hope for a miracle at the lottery

Marky actually played well last game. When's the last time you saw a goalie get a net dropped on him AND his own d-man slap a puck in the net?

On 1/8/2018 at 4:26 PM, wai_lai416 said:

lol there's no turning around.. our goaltenders can't even stop beach ball.. unless they make the puck bigger than the net.. our goaltenders can't even stop them.. their confidence is completely shot.. i mean how many terrible goals have they let in this season now like the catch from markstrom that luckily didn't count? just keep playing the way they are develop the young forwards.. don't worry about the score since we ain't stopping anything. address the goaltending in the summer either FA or Demko and hope for a miracle at the lottery

Sure be nice to have Patrick Roy type goalie drop in to our team and have the next 15  or more years covered with a HOF goalie :( We must be due for one aren't we?

2 hours ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

The ship was looking good early but hit a coral reef. We were able to repair the hull thanks to first mate Boeser, who battled with his Cutlass and Rapier on deck against pirates and a mutiny while repairs were being made.

Now that we're almost back into open water, we need to set sail for next season.

#pirates #commodore64

I loved that game! YAR!

2 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Sure be nice to have Patrick Roy type goalie drop in to our team and have the next 15  or more years covered with a HOF goalie :( We must be due for one aren't we?

Well, we had one and benched him for Eddie Lack in the outdoor game.  And we had the future shored up with Schneider and traded him.

Looks like we might get lucky again with Demko, who knows.

On 1/11/2018 at 5:54 PM, Westcoasting said:

well technically we did have Luongo and Schneider XD between the 2 easily can cover 15 years 

On 1/11/2018 at 5:26 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

Marky actually played well last game. When's the last time you saw a goalie get a net dropped on him AND his own d-man slap a puck in the net?

overall this season Markstrom have been below avg with way too many questionable goals. yes he'll play well here and there.. but he needs to be more consistent if he wants to be a starter in this league.. not necessary win/lose but needs to stop letting in the weird goals and the bad goals that deflates teams

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2018 at 4:22 AM, milk and honey said:

I don't really want the ship to turn around.

Another solid draft pick or two can legitimately be the difference between winning or losing in a tight playoff series or the final. Imagine if we had Luc in 2010 or another top9 forward.

the more depth the better off we will be.Honestly, I am sick of having a good team who is considered a contender by some. I want a deep squad that is a contender. That won't happen quickly but every time we lose we give Boeser, and all the young players a time to learn. Also, I bet Green is learning a lot at the time moment that will be very important in a few years.

don't be quick to leave the tough period.

dont worry they got hot at the end of the season and still got to pick 7th

Archived