The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On acceptance...

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

now the 'possible challenge' of accepting not being a lottery team (assuming there isn't a possible M.A.S.H.crash to end this season)....

that could also be difficult for #tanknation.

maybe they'll be consolded by the fact we never win in the lottery anyhow.

#self-made

43.9% chance of making the playoffs: https://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.fcgi

still more chance of being a "lotto" team but given everything that led up to this year with the Sedins retirement, and that 12 game black hole, this is impressive. 

1% chance of winning the cup too :lol::towel:

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

Everyone should be okay with the picks as long as they don’t go completely off the board. The only thing you can do is research and due diligence. As long as they dotted theirs i’s and the statistics are sound you can’t complain.

I wasn’t old enough to follow the Nedved draft closely but a quick search would suggest that he was the safest and right pick. I mean you can’t 100% say that Jagr would have the same instant hall of famer career with us, without Lemieux rubbing off on him. I mean Neely learned jack from us and became a superstar after he left or crap hole organization. For all we know, Lemieux would have turned Nedved into Federov and we would have turned Jagr into Jake Virtanen or Hunter Shinkaruk.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:45 PM, oldnews said:

now the 'possible challenge' of accepting not being a lottery team (assuming there isn't a possible M.A.S.H.crash to end this season)....

that could also be difficult for #tanknation.

This was posted just an hour before losing Sven, Thatcher and Alex.

Well done. ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Everyone should be okay with the picks as long as they don’t go completely off the board. The only thing you can do is research and due diligence. As long as they dotted theirs i’s and the statistics are sound you can’t complain.

I wasn’t old enough to follow the Nedved draft closely but a quick search would suggest that he was the safest and right pick. I mean you can’t 100% say that Jagr would have the same instant hall of famer career with us, without Lemieux rubbing off on him. I mean Neely learned jack from us and became a superstar after he left or crap hole organization. For all we know, Lemieux would have turned Nedved into Federov and we would have turned Jagr into Jake Virtanen or Hunter Shinkaruk.

I remember back then Quinn said during interviews they asked Nedved who he thought was the best player in the draft. He said hands down Jagr, he's an incredible talent. Quinn thought he was just being modest and liked that so he drafted Nedved. As we all know now, Nedved wasn't being modest he was simply being honest. 

I don't think any coach could have misused Jagr. He simply had that kind of talent and skill that would come through. Much like Pettersson this year. I certainly didn't expect Petey to be as effective as he's been from the get go. But guys with that kind of innate talent it just shines through.

• Upvote 1

House $$$ boys.

We either have a surprising PO appearance, breakthrough season(w/youth), or more good pick-slots for scouts, Brackett & JB to work their larcenous magic.

I'm just gonna enjoy watching our young crew gain experience. Brilliant IF they can play crucial games in March!(yr ahead of expected sched)

• 1 month later...

Sure hope all us diehards can maintain faith in JB & the team.

As we lose out(mostly, it's for the best) these last few games, let's not let the HFHater-types take away from the progress that's obviously been made.

It's almost impossible to restock cupboards & surge up the standings, simultaneously. After this hometown draft, the first task should be virtually fulfilled, the latter we'll be knocking down, starting Oct 2019. Acceptance & patience folks!

On 4/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah..acceptance.

Gonna get this over with early, & accept  the #9 OA 1st R pick. This league is a rigged deck, so it won't surprise me a bit. They tried to shag us over last yr, but we wound up with (probably) the best kid. I trust JB..pickin' top-10, he surely should grab a gem.

The team had some real nice stretches this season, & possibly was a 90+ pt rising force, if it weren't for the usual injuries. I think the hierarchy is learning to surround our youth with the requisite size/grit, & we'll start rolling with a younger, grittier, speedier version.

It's a nice bonus that we should be landing another top prospect(or more) in June. The injuries let us stealthily fall back for one last time.

Ha..posted this in April, 2018 - but it fits the end of this yr as well(almost to a T). Next yr the ascent surely begins! :^)

• 3 months later...

On the Lu recapture-thing, this acceptance message prob fits for some. It also fits thread titles like 'Two Rulebooks' & 'Burns My Bacon'. One's pov, I s'pose?..

Too many probs in this tired old world, to waste time on how Yank interests have ruined what was a great league.

At the end of the day, our turnaround really got rolling when we obtained Lu. His top-level yrs were ultimately worth this petty league slight..(as if we Nucks-backers MUST accept the bad with any good!). Also pleased we could turn our terrific tandem(Lu & Schneids) into two brilliant, younger assets.

I'd like to think with our burgeoning young cast(oodles of arriving ELC's) we wouldn't have really needed every $ of cap anyways. Some consolation..GCG!!!

• Wat 1

I think part of the reason why fans come on this board is to vent their frustration and "non-acceptance" of our team's lack of success

no need to take it personally

there are alot of positive posts on this board too! we are all humans and humans have emotions

go canucks go!

• Cheers 1

I was on team tank, with greed for another core player,  now I feel and think Team Tank members are now happy moving forward too support making the playoffs from this point on. So I don’t see as much battling and negativity between posters as there has been the last few years. Of coarse posters will have opinions and speculation on topics which I enjoy reading. 

Im just saying the death of team tank will effect alot of the daily game by game negativity. Wins will be all positives and playoffs games  posters will explode in delight. 

Go Canucks Goo

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I was on team tank, with greed for another core player,  now I feel and think Team Tank members are now happy moving forward too support making the playoffs from this point on. So I don’t see as much battling and negativity between posters as there has been the last few years. Of coarse posters will have opinions and speculation on topics which I enjoy reading. 

Im just saying the death of team tank will effect alot of the daily game by game negativity. Wins will be all positives and playoffs games  posters will explode in delight. 

Go Canucks Goo

It might be wise to perceive that team-tank process, as the requisite manure to get this growth started. Of course the league/Bettman are akin to Monsanto product, as they keep us collectively-darkened like mushroom farms in Langley!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

It might be wise to perceive that team-tank process, as the requisite manure to get this growth started. Of course the league/Bettman are akin to Monsanto product, as they keep us collectively-darkened like mushroom farms in Langley!

Great post and spot on imo.

Edited by HockeyHarry

1 hour ago, Jetliner said:

I think part of the reason why fans come on this board is to vent their frustration and "non-acceptance" of our team's lack of success

no need to take it personally

there are alot of positive posts on this board too! we are all humans and humans have emotions

go canucks go!

Absolutely! Come one, come all..no interpretation should be pkg'ed as gospel from above. Freewill

On 1/31/2018 at 8:10 AM, IBatch said:

This economy is broken.  The rich are only getting richer, and the middle class is now forced to have two highly educated professionals working at what used to be high end jobs, just to buy a bungalow in North Vancouver.

Businesses & individuals have so much wealth that over the years patronage crept into things and the economy is corrupt.  Built to as you say make the rich richer.  It shouldn't be this difficult to make a good living, if you're willing to work hard, in some of the richest countries in human history.  Though I have to say I've lived in a few countries, and we're lucky to call Canada home.  So I try not to complain about it.  Happy Birthday Canada. 

On 1/30/2018 at 3:34 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Let's stop looking over the ****ing fence at the neighbours shiny new Porsche.

It's a good idea to take a look at what you're gonna be racing against. 

On 6/30/2019 at 7:13 PM, HockeyHarry said:

Go Canucks Goo

Yeah if the team does well, hopefully arguments will become about stuff like.. Is Loui Eriksson the most meme-worthy Canuck ever?

But if the team struggles, I got a feeling CDC gonna get real ugly.