The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tampa looking for Veteran D

86Viking

1 hour ago, Battlemonger said:

I think Tampa needs a Tanev on their second pairing for the playoffs, so if they were to trade with us, that's who they would target. 

Tanev and Vanek for:

Raddysh

Sergachev

2018 1st

One can dream

If they're looking for defense, why would they trade away a player playing NHL defense?

RW - Raddysh 19yr old - 6'2" - 207lbs - 41GP 25G 38A 63Pts

D - Foote 19 year old - 6'4" - 212lbs - 42GP 13G 34A 47Pts

2018 1st

3 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

I think Tampa needs a Tanev on their second pairing for the playoffs, so if they were to trade with us, that's who they would target. 

Tanev and Vanek for:

Raddysh

Sergachev

2018 1st

One can dream

i have a dream !!!!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

So, you're assuming. Ok.

Edler has actually been playing well this season, and would be a great supplementary addition to an established defense like Tampa's. So would Tanev, but Edler has the size that works better with Tampa's defense, more so than Tanev.

Trading for Edler is not stupid at all, if Edler was to waive.

I know he really loves it living in Vancouver but Edler would be silly not to waive his ntc ( if he was approached) for chance to play with the likes of Hedman, Stamkos and a chance for the Cup.

4 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I know he really loves it living in Vancouver but Edler would be silly not to waive his ntc ( if he was approached) for chance to play with the likes of Hedman, Stamkos and a chance for the Cup.

A big part ( the biggest ? ) part of Edler's desire to not move is the happiness of his wife and kids. There is no option that causes him to ignore that fact. He and his wife might have that discussion next year as his contract expires, but I think it's a long shot for this TDL.

4 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

I'd do anything to get Cal Foote.  If he's anything close to being like his father then he will be a stud.  6'4" 212 pounds as a 19 year old.  Get er done Benning...

good luck. jb wants to keep tanev around to tutor joulevi. he'd be better off to bring salo outta retirement

4 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

Tanev + our 1st (1st OA protected) for Cal Foote, Libor Hajek and Howden

Careful. I live in Ktown and watch the Rockets now and then. He is a little overrated and gets the last name attention. Talk to some season ticket holders and they don't seem that impressed with him. A good prospect but not worth even close to what you are offering up. Yikes.

9 hours ago, Me_ said:

If they're looking for defense, why would they trade away a player playing NHL defense?

RW - Raddysh 19yr old - 6'2" - 207lbs - 41GP 25G 38A 63Pts

D - Foote 19 year old - 6'4" - 212lbs - 42GP 13G 34A 47Pts

2018 1st

Yeah, I know. Tanaev is a different defenceman than Sergachev, and I really don't think Tampa will want to trade Foote. Sergachev was a little unexpected for Tampa in the Montreal trade, so I was thinking they may be willing to let him go. I would take Foote, too, but I just think Tampa would be willing to trade Sergachev over Foote.

15 hours ago, Yotes said:

We arent much better with Tanev. Be interesting to see which team gets out of the bottom barrel of the league 1st. 

I think Edler a lefty would slot in nicely onto their 2nd pair. Coburn can play the right side and I think Sergachev can as well

If there looking for anyone is to add experience it’s on the right side to put in over dotchin. Sustr has been dissapointing this year. Dotchin has been good but I don’t know if they are confident with him being relied on in a deep playoff run. 

Coburn and girardi are there shut down pair. So thats not getting split up. It’s the two rookies they would be looking for help as cooper doesn’t like to play them together.

A RHD, Someone to play with hedman on the top pair. Or someone to play with sergachev on the secondwhich would allow hedman and stralman to get back playing with each other. 

2 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

If there looking for anyone is to add experience it’s on the right side to put in over dotchin. 

Coburn and girardi are there shut down pair. So that not getting split up. It’s the two rookies they would be looking for help as cooper doesn’t like to play them together.

Ah I see, I guess that makes sense. I could see them also go for a more offensive rhd like Green or maybe even Barrie from Colorado. Not that I think the Avs would trade him now, but that would depend how soon they think Makar and Timmins can step in. Barrie has been mentioned quite a few times over the years so I think they will move him, just not this year.

I guess you cant discount the trading history between NYR and TB. Plus they have been recently scouting eachother. I have no idea if TB or Van have scouted each other, they do will have played each other twice in a week basically though.

Because they have Girardi would it be safe to assume they would NOT have interest in Gudbranson?

21 hours ago, Brobidus said:

They've got Hedman, Stralman, Dotchin, Sergachev, Coburn, Sustr and Girardi. Girardi is currently injured.

They could clearly use a right-handed upgrade on Sustr and maybe to a lesser extent Dotchin. 

I do think Edler could waive to Tampa to play behind Hedman, but probably not the same pairing, unless Hedman plays on the right too. Tampa really could use a guy like Tanev, or maybe even Guddy. Sustr really shouldn't be in their top 6. I guess he is filling in for Girardi. 

I'm not sure we are a good fit. But this would be one way of embracing the rebuild and getting a couple of decent pieces. We could honestly even take back one of Sustr/Girardi or Coburn. Probably Sustr, since he is a UFA.
But the point of a trade like this would not be to lose talent up front. Point is worth as much as Boeser at this point to TB. He will not be coming back for Tanev. We are much more likely to get one of their younger assets. Of which they have many. 

Targets:
W: Katchouk, Raddysh, Yan, Volkov, Joseph
C: Howden, Stephens, Cirelli, Lipanov, Peca, Somppi
D: Koekkoek, Foote, Hajek
Good lord Tampa has a solid prospect pool... 

I'd target Hajek in a trade based on Edler, (we aren't getting Foote).
I'd target Stephens and Foote in a trade based on Tanev.

If we move a player for Tampa, Cal Foote has to come back. It solves a huge problem for our club and gives Tampa what they want. If Tanev goes, it will take more than Foote and Tampa will have to add 

12 hours ago, Battlemonger said:

Tanev and Vanek for:

Raddysh

Sergachev

2018 1st

One can dream

Change it from Sege to Foote. 

Cant see Stevie Y trading Serge (Droiun) Raddysh and 2018 1st for Tanev and Vanek. 

7 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Ah I see, I guess that makes sense. I could see them also go for a more offensive rhd like Green or maybe even Barrie from Colorado. Not that I think the Avs would trade him now, but that would depend how soon they think Makar and Timmins can step in. Barrie has been mentioned quite a few times over the years so I think they will move him, just not this year.

I guess you cant discount the trading history between NYR and TB. Plus they have been recently scouting eachother. I have no idea if TB or Van have scouted each other, they do will have played each other twice in a week basically though.

Because they have Girardi would it be safe to assume they would NOT have interest in Gudbranson?

If Tampa is willing to pay to load up for a cup run, it’s time to trade Tanev. Far more likely that Tampa is in play vs Ottawa and EK. 

They have a good/great prospect pool and the number one target for me is Cal Foote. If Tanev is available, Tampa will have to give a decent offer as other teams will go after him. 

Added bonus, without Tanev on the team, we have better odds at Dahlin. 

Archived