The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Tampa looking for Veteran D

86Viking

9 minutes ago, Eastcoast meets Westcoast said:

If Tampa is willing to pay to load up for a cup run, it’s time to trade Tanev. Far more likely that Tampa is in play vs Ottawa and EK. 

They have a good/great prospect pool and the number one target for me is Cal Foote. If Tanev is available, Tampa will have to give a decent offer as other teams will go after him. 

Added bonus, without Tanev on the team, we have better odds at Dahlin. 

I dont think JB has the guts to trade our best D man, even with him being on the last year of his deal. Tanev trade is a big time type of trade, JB has not done one of those, Kesler forced his hand. All other trades were not us trading away a top player from our team. Which when you think of it should have been happening when you are a rebuilding team.

No not saying trade every single good player we have, but I see 0 issue with trying to trade and capitalize on Tanev or Edler this TDL. We need to add to our prospect pool still. I think Gudbranson could be a good D partner for Juolevi to play with when he starts in the NHL. If we sign Guddy to say 4yr 16m I think we should look to moving Tanev now for a solid return

33 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Ah I see, I guess that makes sense. I could see them also go for a more offensive rhd like Green or maybe even Barrie from Colorado. Not that I think the Avs would trade him now, but that would depend how soon they think Makar and Timmins can step in. Barrie has been mentioned quite a few times over the years so I think they will move him, just not this year.

I guess you cant discount the trading history between NYR and TB. Plus they have been recently scouting eachother. I have no idea if TB or Van have scouted each other, they do will have played each other twice in a week basically though.

Because they have Girardi would it be safe to assume they would NOT have interest in Gudbranson?

Yeah I think they’d be looking for a RHD top 4 help. Because cooper doesn’t want the rookies together, right now they typically go with; 

hedman dotchin

sergachev stralman. 

Since dotchin is the lone man out (he has been really good in his first full year, just maybe not ready for a long playoff run) they will either look for someone to play in the first line with hedman (green/barrie) . Or someone to play with sergachev (tanev?), so hedman and stralman can reunite.

22 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Yzerman would not want Edler if he was after one of our D it would be Tanev. I'm pretty sure Yzerman would be offering Brayden Point for Tanev which I would not do unless there is another big piece coming back to Vancouver. 

Brayden Point and Cal Foote for Tanev would be my offer.

Point is about as untouchable as anyone on the Lightning. I just heard that their coaching staff even called him their best 2 way forward by a mile and he’s 21 years old. Considering he’s on an ELC until the end of next season I don’t think they’ll move him unless jb attaches a 1st to Tanev. What do I know though. Either way if the offfer is Tanev straight up for point JB should save his job by sealing that deal 

4 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yeah I think they’d be looking for a RHD top 4 help. Because cooper doesn’t want the rookies together, right now they typically go with; 

hedman dotchin

sergachev stralman. 

Since dotchin is the lone man out (he has been really good in his first full year, just maybe not ready for a long playoff run) they will either look for someone to play in the first line with hedman (green/barrie) . Or someone to play with sergachev (tanev?), so hedman and stralman can reunite.

Would they move Dotchin or rather keep him as they know what they have and move Foote as he is a couple years away.

Not sure who is better between Dotchin and Cernak? Probably Dotchin as he is in the NHL now, but maybe he is being sheltered by Hedman and is playing better than he is and they want to sell high on him?

31 minutes ago, Yotes said:

Would they move Dotchin or rather keep him as they know what they have and move Foote as he is a couple years away.

Not sure who is better between Dotchin and Cernak? Probably Dotchin as he is in the NHL now, but maybe he is being sheltered by Hedman and is playing better than he is and they want to sell high on him?

,I don’t think they’re ready to give up on him. I think in a perfect world they keep him, They aqcuire a one year (rental) ufa to help them with this playoff run. And then next year Dotchin continues to progress into a legit top 4 D. Sustr is gone next year girardi and coburn only have 2 years left. So they are going to have some spots opening up for younger guys. 

But you never now. Maybe they do land a guy like Barrie or tanev (a d with more term) and that does make a dotchin or another d prospect expendable.

7 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I thought that may have been a bit of a reach ;)

No, not really.

If you take into consideration that Benning gives away picks like they were candy, a Vancouver 7th rounder would probably be included, so that would do to even things up. :)

regards,  G.

5 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

What do you think about trading Edler for defence prospects like Libor Hajek? and Oleg Sosunov? 

Not sure of them. I'd want a prospect and a pick for Edler because chances are we are retaining salary as well. He's having a good year.

2 hours ago, rekker said:

Not sure of them. I'd want a prospect and a pick for Edler because chances are we are retaining salary as well. He's having a good year.

TB fans see quite high on Hajek & Foote. Would move them but would have to be for what in their minds is a clear cut upgrade. Tanev has the injury concern that for a somewhat legit reason makes them cautious as to how much they want to give.

They might move one of those prospect D for Mcdonaugh though

8 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

What do you think about trading Edler for defence prospects like Libor Hajek? and Oleg Sosunov? 

3 hours ago, rekker said:

Okay, but you have ignore many, many, many 'he won't budge on his NTC' for this to happen.

33 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

As parroted by CDC posters.  No actual evidence.

Yes, I thought that there was a conversation from 2014/ 2015 where he said he did not want to disrupt his family situation. I could not find that link. In fact I only found a couple of vague quotes where he seemed willing to listen to trade talks. Willing or not, I don't think we can afford to lose him without a bona fide 25 min replacement. ( AM 650 seems to love Stecher. I don't see him as a #1 d nor a 25 min d. )

Just now, SingleThorn said:

Yes, I thought that there was a conversation from 2014/ 2015 where he said he did not want to disrupt his family situation. I could not find that link. In fact I only found a couple of vague quotes where he seemed willing to listen to trade talks. Willing or not, I don't think we can afford to lose him without a bona fide 25 min replacement. ( AM 650 seems to love Stecher. I don't see him as a #1 d nor a 25 min d. )

I beleive it was a comment around the deadline years ago. Something along the lines of you "have a no trade clause in your contract for a reason"

Archived