The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anders Nilsson Wins Prestigious Award

Down by the River

12 minutes ago, Cramarossa said:

That doesn't look like his wife. 

My bad.  I did a search for "Anders Nilsson Wife" and this chick came up everywhere.  

In fact, he's married to Emelie Nevanperä who is an entirely different person.

Detective, I am not.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Good for him.  To be honest I hadn't noticed that on his mask before, probably because he rarely plays now but still good on him to support his friends. 

Some day, a goalie will have a rainbow on his mask, and it will symbolize beauty, because no one will judge others based on personal (private) matters.  

46 minutes ago, NexusRift said:

Good on Anders. 

This kinda harkens back to a discussion me an' my buds had a few years ago.

Off topic. Apologies........

Manon Rheaume not included, can a women actually play a forward or defence position in the NHL?

Legally, I think they might be allowed (not sure though), but I think very few could hold their own against men. If you get a superstar who's also big like Haley Wickenheiser, then maybe. Wikipedia says she was 5'9" and 176 lbs. Pretty much the size a male hockey player would be at that height.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Good for him.  To be honest I hadn't noticed that on his mask before, probably because he rarely plays now but still good on him to support his friends. 

tough to notice what's on his mask when he's wearing a baseball cap all the time ;) 

5 hours ago, -AJ- said:

This was somewhat my thought too. Maybe he's done other stuff too? I guess his comment on why he had the flag was something, but you're right, it seems like a pretty small amount of work for an award.

I would prefer if the award he won was the Vezina Trophy ......

Oh well,  great to be acknowledged as supporting the LGBTQ  community as well.   That would be my second favourite award to see him earn though........

People are people......  we all need to just get along and respect each other..

I respect pretty much all people....   I just struggle with Flames fans.. but from my take they just aren't human. 

3 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Legally, I think they might be allowed (not sure though), but I think very few could hold their own against men. If you get a superstar who's also big like Haley Wickenheiser, then maybe. Wikipedia says she was 5'9" and 176 lbs. Pretty much the size a male hockey player would be at that height.

I was thinking more a transgendered individual. Meaning a female that used to be a man.

I'm treading on possibly offensive ground here, and I certainly don't mean to offend. I'm just not well versed in all the terminology and proper politically correct terms for such. I apologize sincerely.

A transgendered individual as such at 6'plus and 175lb.plus IMO could easily, if the talent is there, can stand the rigours of the NHL game.

I believe just recently there is a transgendered individual who made it known she was such in the NWHL, yes?

6 minutes ago, NexusRift said:

I was thinking more a transgendered individual. Meaning a female that used to be a man.

I'm treading on possibly offensive ground here, and I certainly don't mean to offend. I'm just not well versed in all the terminology and proper politically correct terms for such. I apologize sincerely.

A transgendered individual as such at 6'plus and 175lb.plus IMO could easily, if the talent is there, can stand the rigours of the NHL game.

I believe just recently there is a transgendered individual who made it known she was such in the NWHL, yes?

I'm not sure actually, though I'd presume there are no rules against it. They would definitely have a better chance than a natural-born woman, but depending on their transitioning process and decisions they could still be a bit disadvantaged over a man. Most transgender women take estrogen hormones and have testosterone blockers, so I would imagine that those sort of hormonal changes would have a negative effect on physical ability, but I could be wrong as I'm not doctor.

8 hours ago, chilliwiggins said:

lol tooshay.   well you can always feed on my grammer, punctuation, and spelling as that's part of my online persona.

I have to have this all correct all day long on my other screens but not here.   I sometimes feel it attracts flys to the web lol

attracts flys to the web or attracts flies to the web? ::D

On February 7, 2018 at 7:21 AM, chilliwiggins said:

Its better then the white flag Canucks have been waving through-out the last few seasons

Maybe he should add rainbows and unicorns to represent the current regime

Thanks for dropping by to spew a little bit of your usual hate for the team. It's so refreshing when trolls and haters don't try to pretend to be Canucks fans.

Archived