The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

4 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Did you even consider where they started?  There was a tonne to break down and clean up before starting to get the foundations in place.  Have you even taken stock of what's happened in that time?  How many NTCs have been forced out?  Even taken a peek at the prospect pool at all?  Not to mention the revamping of the organization itself.

They had pieces to trade that had value. So far the returns on those players are looking pretty bad.

Yes I'm well aware of where they started. They've added many pieces in that time, most of which have been underwhelming. Makes you kind of question how they evaluate NHL talent. That will be crucial when our prospects are ready for the big show.

2 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Yeah Tanev is most likely staying put but maybe guys like Vanek, Gudbranson and Nilsson could be moved. That will make us a weaker team down the stretch.

i say move 2 d... .  hutton and gud

let biega and holme play the rest of the sesaon

create roster space so d  an upgraded through the draft, joulevi or free agent or trade

nilsson won't fetch much . i don't know why we'd even bother

vanek should be moved

and maybe we can move one other forward...

Just now, Green Building said:

Well, I wouldn't necessarily call Dorsett a smasher, but if we had another guy like him I'd be satisfied. The way you compete with big body teams is by outskilling them, which at the moment we can't do. After all, who were our smashers in 2010-2011?

WE had Bieksa for one : )  lappy, Burr, Rome casnt believe  iam typing this ...Torres    All not huge but willing to smash.

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I don't hear talk about drafting. Lots of. Concern over whether benning is as good at managing contracts and and vets/trades.

Building a team is more than just drafting.

Trade Tanev.....trade Gudbranson.....trade the twins.......trade Granny......trade Baertschi......trade Edler.....trade Jake.....trade Hutton......trade MDZ

all for draft picks

you read the threads.....I read this over and over again

1 minute ago, petmar74 said:

Well, I guess we shouldn't spot Tampa a three goal or more lead. Maybe no late penalties in the third either.

It was a decent game at the start. Nucks looked OK to me but the officials quickly changed things up and

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

What's childish is whinging over your rebuilding team with its backup goaltender losing to the top team in the league in its own barn, and calling for management to be fired in only its fourth year of working to turn it around.  My 10-year-old niece has more patience.  Frankly, it's embarrassing.

Whats embarrassing is Canuck fans that constantly make excuses for poor club management that has assembled an old, slow,  and soft team this year.

No excuses.  Benning assembled this team.   He brought in MDZ, Gagner, and Loui E   .   Why ?  

1 minute ago, Hutton Wink said:

What's childish is whinging over your rebuilding team with its backup goaltender losing to the top team in the league in its own barn, and calling for management to be fired in only its fourth year of working to turn it around.  My 10-year-old niece has more patience.  Frankly, it's embarrassing.

So what give him 8 years? 10 years? At some point the team has to be more than just promising prospects.

You're acting like he doesn't have a body of work to be evaluated.

The whining is coming mostly from your end. I'm posing a question for discussion, that's kind of what we do here.

Getting all worked up doesn't tend to lead to quality conversation.

Archived