The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT - VANCOUVER VS TAMPA BAY

Where'd Luongo?

14 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

What's childish is whinging over your rebuilding team with its backup goaltender losing to the top team in the league in its own barn, and calling for management to be fired in only its fourth year of working to turn it around.  My 10-year-old niece has more patience.  Frankly, it's embarrassing.

It boils down to you referring to others as childish because they don't share your confidence  in management after 4 years. 

It would appear that the owner may not be too sure about management either or benning would have been extended before now.

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Trade Tanev.....trade Gudbranson.....trade the twins.......trade Granny......trade Baertschi......trade Edler.....trade Jake.....trade Hutton......trade MDZ

all for draft picks

you read the threads.....I read this over and over again

Yeah, and quite signing perimeter and 6x6 players 

2 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Start acquiring draft picks already 

we only have 6 heading into the 2018 draft, just pathetic

I’m fine with selling but don’t act like we have a lot of value to trade or that a fire sale will somehow get us ahead.  

Late draft picks aren’t going to help with anything.  Don’t name some obscure diamond in the rough either - rebuilds take time... and time will lead Gaudette/Demko/Pettersson/Juolevi and others onto the roster soon enough to make a difference.  I’d like to have some semblance of a team waiting for them when they get here.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Whats embarrassing is Canuck fans that constantly make excuses for poor club management that has assembled an old, slow,  and soft team this year.

No excuses.  Benning assembled this team.   He brought in MDZ, Gagner, and Loui E   .   Why ?  

This is my biggest complaint. I have no problem with his drafting, it's the pro level players he's acquiring that you at least have to question. These are the guys that are meant to show the young guns how to play. Too many lackluster efforts from these players for my liking.

2 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Give him a one year rolling contract. Allows the team flexibility to end it if it isn't working out and gives him a chance to prove that he can do the job.

I'm good with that. I don't believe he's earned another 4 year contract yet however. 

If he is extended he needs to show he can make some tough decisions. And make some aggessive trades to get more picks.

3 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

I’m fine with selling but don’t act like we have a lot of value to trade or that a fire sale will somehow get us ahead.  

Late draft picks aren’t going to help with anything.  Don’t name some obscure diamond in the rough either - rebuilds take time... and time will lead Gaudette/Demko/Pettersson/Juolevi and others onto the roster soon enough to make a difference.  I’d like to have some semblance of a team waiting for them when they get here.

Where do you think Gaudette and Demko were drafted?

Mid-round picks are always undervalued and massive for Rebuilding clubs. Let Brackett work his magic.

Tanev, Guddy, Vanek, Hutton, and Granlund should all be sold off. It's time to get this rebuild going!

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Trade Tanev.....trade Gudbranson.....trade the twins.......trade Granny......trade Baertschi......trade Edler.....trade Jake.....trade Hutton......trade MDZ

all for draft picks

you read the threads.....I read this over and over again

Well, I didn't read all that on this thread but that comes up throughout cdc, as it should.  It's a discussion forum.

I honestly feel that with the place this team is in management should consider pretty much any option that could improve the team.  We only have about 3 guys that should be untouchable. 

Benning has assembled some good youth but his contracts and veteran choices are worthy if questioning.  Is he the right guy to pull it together now?  

Just now, R.Dahlin26 said:

Where do you think Gaudette and Demko were drafted?

Mid-round picks are always undervalued and massive for Rebuilding clubs. Let Brackett work his magic.

Tanev, Guddy, Vanek, Hutton, and Granlund should all be sold off. It's time to get this rebuild going!

We need to keep Tanev IMO.

He's the leadership on D you need. Sets a great example for the young guys. Those warrior players are hard to replace.

Just now, DeNiro said:

We need to keep Tanev IMO.

He's the leadership on D you need. Sets a great example for the young guys. Those warrior players are hard to replace.

I would tend to agree.

But his injuries are very concerning and I feel like his value will only go down from here. If it's an offer you feel helps your future, you have to make it IMO.

8 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Not sure I want the current "semblance" waiting for our new guys. 

1 minute ago, Pete M said:

Yeah, and quite signing perimeter and 6x6 players 

I don't like a lot of the signings to be truthful.  I get what Benning is trying to do.  It's pretty hard to attract anything better than the dregs of free agency to a rebuilding team.  Nobody wants to lose.

Eriksson - at the time I liked the signing, didn't like the term but to get a player with that history on a rebuilding team, it takes term.  I can't believe how badly it turned out.  Eriksson has produced about half what was expected.

Gagner -  never liked it.  Has been meh all around and we're stuck with him for 3 years

MDZ -  not wild about it but he has been ok.  I know -16

Vanek - has been fine

Miller - excellent

Vrbata - good and bad

Burmistrov - JB was taking a flyer that didn't pan out

11 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This is my biggest complaint. I have no problem with his drafting, it's the pro level players he's acquiring that you at least have to question. These are the guys that are meant to show the young guns how to play. Too many lackluster efforts from these players for my liking.

sutter, dorsett, mdz, miller were great veteran pick ups. 

what this team needs are a few more impact players.  not exactly easy peezy to get

3 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I don't like a lot of the signings to be truthful.  I get what Benning is trying to do.  It's pretty hard to attract anything better than the dregs of free agency to a rebuilding team.  Nobody wants to lose.

Eriksson - at the time I liked the signing, didn't like the term but to get a player with that history on a rebuilding team, it takes term.  I can't believe how badly it turned out.  Eriksson has produced about half what was expected.

Gagner -  never liked it.  Has been meh all around and we're stuck with him for 3 years

MDZ -  not wild about it but he has been ok.  I know -16

Vanek - has been fine

Miller - excellent

Vrbata - good and bad

Burmistrov - JB was taking a flyer that didn't pan out

It will be very interesting to find out what the Sedins are going to do at end of year...I hope they decide to hang them up...for many reasons.

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

sutter, dorsett, mdz, miller were great veteran pick ups. 

what this team needs are a few more impact players.  not exactly easy peezy to get

Don't agree with MDZ. He started off great but has been pretty poor over the last couple months. 

Add to that Eriksson, Gagner, Nilsson, Prust, Larsen, and Burmistrov have all been fairly disappointing.

Letting Miller go was a big mistake as well.

Archived