The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks wishlist at trade deadline: A physical forward

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

7 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Bonino,Guentzel, Sheary, Hagelin.... 

That's the forward lineup it took the Pens to win a Cup last year. This year take out Bonino  and Pens are still looking for a scoring forward. 

A bottom feeder team for multiple years in a row like the Canucks does not need worry about having too many good players, they can use many many more good players on forward and defense. There are 4 spots in the top 6 available, Only ones who truly belong in top 6 are Horvat and Boeser. You can add Baertschi to that but he'll be going the other way in a trade for Jenner or Domi.  

Kane, Domi and who ever you draft will have room to play. 

That’s... pretty much it. Yes.

17 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Jenner would be a nice add for them. but man they need scoring.  

Jenner can score.  He's a 30 goal scorer two years removed.

The thing is - Tortorella is using the Dubinsky Jenner line as his hard minutes line.

Dubois and Wennberg on the other hand - 67 and 59% offensive zone starts.  Jenner is lowest on the CBJ (36.2%).

And he's having one of those seasons where he'll inevitably return to the mean (ie a 3.9% shooting percentage - awful for a forward like him - when he's over 10% for his career.)

An irony of corsi - his underlying numbers are better this year than in his 30 goal season.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Crosby, Malkin, Kessel, Hornqvist, Rust,Bonino,Guentzel, Sheary, Hagelin.... 

That's the forward lineup it took the Pens to win a Cup last year. This year take out Bonino  and Pens are still looking for a scoring forward. 

A bottom feeder team for multiple years in a row like the Canucks does not need worry about having too many good players, they can use many many more good players on forward and defense. There are 4 spots in the top 6 available, Only ones who truly belong in top 6 are Horvat and Boeser. You can add Baertschi to that but he'll be going the other way in a trade for Jenner or Domi.  

Kane, Domi and who ever you draft will have room to play. 

Okay Arizona would want Gaudette and Hutton and 2nd rd pick for ----  DOMI..

sorry I would not trade that for Domi... I like Domi a lot but Gaudette will be very good and a 2nd rd pick?? Scary trade..

Remember fans always think there players are worth more..

Domi is a very good player and only 22.. Won't get him cheap..

16 minutes ago, wildcam said:

Okay Arizona would want Gaudette and Hutton and 2nd rd pick for ----  DOMI..

sorry I would not trade that for Domi... I like Domi a lot but Gaudette will be very good and a 2nd rd pick?? Scary trade..

Remember fans always think there players are worth more..

Domi is a very good player and only 22.. Won't get him cheap..

I think you are overvaluing Domi. Gaudette is off the table for Domi or Boone Jenner. 

He hasn't panned out as 2nd line C this year. He has done well in his own zone defensively but only has 3 or 4 goals. You don't give up that package for those numbers. Horvat is also 22. Look at the development curve. Domi is more like a better Virtanen. He's done better than Virtanen but not by huge margin. 

Max would be Hutton Goldy and 3rd. No way you give up Gaudette. His upside is too strong. He just scored a hat trick in the biggest game of his career. Canucks need players to show up in big games and he's that guy. No way JB makes that trade. 

You really want to max out and give ARZ the best return you offer Baertschi. One for One. 

I would rather chase Boone Jenner. Give CBJ Baertschi and Gudbranson. They need that package of a big physical 3rd pair Dman and scoring skilled winger. It's a trade waiting to happen. Jenner can play C or LW, he's big, strong and physical. 

26 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think you are overvaluing Domi. Gaudette is off the table for Domi or Boone Jenner. 

He hasn't panned out as 2nd line C this year. He has done well in his own zone defensively but only has 3 or 4 goals. You don't give up that package for those numbers. Horvat is also 22. Look at the development curve. Domi is more like a better Virtanen. He's done better than Virtanen but not by huge margin. 

Max would be Hutton Goldy and 3rd. No way you give up Gaudette. His upside is too strong. He just scored a hat trick in the biggest game of his career. Canucks need players to show up in big games and he's that guy. No way JB makes that trade. 

You really want to max out and give ARZ the best return you offer Baertschi. One for One. 

I would rather chase Boone Jenner. Give CBJ Baertschi and Gudbranson. They need that package of a big physical 3rd pair Dman and scoring skilled winger. It's a trade waiting to happen. Jenner can play C or LW, he's big, strong and physical. 

CBJ is not a fit for Gudbranson.  That's not how they want to play.  Tortorella wants to play really fast.  He says there is one stat that he always checks - D to D passing, as in he doesn't want to see it.  If they are playing well the puck has to move up quickly - either the Ds skate it out or it moves right up to the Fs.   He encourages his D to go to the net and tells Jones/Werenski not to worry because the Fs will cover for them.  He uses the term rover.  That's not Gudbranson.  

Benning clarified to Kuzma what he is trying to do this TDL:

“I should have clarified myself,” Benning said Sunday. “We want to do hockey trades. We have some UFAs to see if there’s interest in them and the point I was trying to make is there a hockey trade to be made for somebody with size and strength, who can play in our top nine?

“I don’t know if Pettersson can come in and make our team and we’ve got (Adam) Gaudette, (Jonathan) Dahlen and (Kole) Lind, so we have skill coming. If I can find a player to kind of supplement that, then I’ll look to do something like that.”

[...]

“With the conversations I’m having, teams want to do hockey trades to just change the look,” added Benning. “There might be (getting) a young player who plays a certain style of game or moving a skilled player for one who might be harder to play against.

“Those are the deals I’m interested in.”

14 minutes ago, mll said:

CBJ is not a fit for Gudbranson.  That's not how they want to play.  Tortorella wants to play really fast.  He says there is one stat that he always checks - D to D passing, as in he doesn't want to see it.  If they are playing well the puck has to move up quickly - either the Ds skate it out or it moves right up to the Fs.   He encourages his D to go to the net and tells Jones/Werenski not to worry because the Fs will cover for them.  He uses the term rover.  That's not Gudbranson.  

He won't be top 4 on most teams other than Canucks. Every team needs a big physical 3rd pair Dman for a playoff run if they want to go deep unless you are PIT. Even Rutherford has been trying to get bigger and meaner after winning last two Cups. 

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Benning clarified to Kuzma what he is trying to do this TDL:

“I should have clarified myself,” Benning said Sunday. “We want to do hockey trades. We have some UFAs to see if there’s interest in them and the point I was trying to make is there a hockey trade to be made for somebody with size and strength, who can play in our top nine?

“I don’t know if Pettersson can come in and make our team and we’ve got (Adam) Gaudette, (Jonathan) Dahlen and (Kole) Lind, so we have skill coming. If I can find a player to kind of supplement that, then I’ll look to do something like that.”

[...]

“With the conversations I’m having, teams want to do hockey trades to just change the look,” added Benning. “There might be (getting) a young player who plays a certain style of game or moving a skilled player for one who might be harder to play against.

“Those are the deals I’m interested in.”

Baertschi is on the market, that's what this mean. 

31 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He's a throw in. Worth almost next to nothing. He won't return a 3rd round pick. 

Would you give up Canucks' 3rd this year for Goldobin? I wouldn't. 

I wouldn't either but he is skilled and if a team wants to clear cap space he could be an option - there's still a bit of that 1st round glow.

Typically a team moves players out who don't fit how they want to play.  Green is using Portland as his blueprint but doesn't quite have the players yet - they should be finding them and not moving them.  I would have Gagner/Goldobin as on the outside.  Maybe they even find a deal for Eriksson - the league must notice that's it's more a lack of fit than ability and 50% retained is 3M.

One week until next Monday.  

42 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

He won't be top 4 on most teams other than Canucks. Every team needs a big physical 3rd pair Dman for a playoff run if they want to go deep unless you are PIT. Even Rutherford has been trying to get bigger and meaner after winning last two Cups. 

The Reaves add or more recently?  If it's the Reaves add - he said that is was because of teams targeting their star players.  He said that he didn't want to but felt obliged as the league wasn't doing anything.  Reaves plays under 7min on average.

Last year teams have insisted on speed during the playoffs.

1 minute ago, mll said:

The Reaves add or more recently?  If it's the Reaves add - he said that is was because of teams targeting their star players.  He said that he didn't want to but felt obliged as the league wasn't doing anything.  Reaves plays under 7min on average.

Reaves, Pouliot trade with Canucks and he's made comments that he wants to get bigger and tougher to play agianst

When he traded or Pedan he stated Pedan would be playing on the Pens. It didn't work out. I feel he would love a Gudbranson and a skilled forward like Baertschi as well. Something might happen with PIT as well. Cap would need to be considered but that goes without saying. 

When it comes to picking up physical players I like to sort player stats by hits and go from there. Didn’t realize Michael Del Zotto was 7th in the league !?!? 

Anyway, Nick Ritchie would be perfect but unlikely. How about Brett Ritchie? 6’3”, 217lbs. 24 years old. 41 in the league for hits. Having a down year with 4 goals but scored 16 last year. Dallas would love to have Spezza off the books. I wonder if they would take Loui Eriksson back? Vanek & Eriksson for Spezza and Ritchie? (Lol I wish).

Joking aside, perhaps Vanek did Ritchie straight up? I heard Dallas needs secondary scoring. Ritchie has fallen out of favour with Hitchcock and is getting minimal ice time.

4 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He's a throw in. Worth almost next to nothing. He won't return a 3rd round pick. 

Would you give up Canucks' 3rd this year for Goldobin? I wouldn't. 

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

So you think Hutton and a 3rd will land Domi?

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

I myself would never give up on Gaudette as I see him as a 50- 65 point NHL player with grit and a 200 foot game..

Domi is way better point wise GP 81 - Pts -52  ( 20)

GP 59- PTS 38  ( 21 )

2017-18     GP59- pts 26  ( 22 )

I hope we don't trade for Domi as expert say Arizona will want close to package i mentioned..

Please don't trade package for Domi, 22, 5'10..

We have skilled players in system very close, Gaudette, Pettersson, Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood...

Gaudette, 6'1, 190, 21 yrs old, will play when his college season is over.. This young guy will play with lots of skill and grit..

They rather give up a piece than just try out lebate. What’s the of point of the farm if your never going to give them a try.

How long did it take for Archie to get in an he’s looked just fine in fact better than most of the plugs that have been brought in.

shore megna Shampoo vey Ect.. 

The Puppet has been told get more size huh pretty sure this is a rerun from 2012. 

1 minute ago, wildcam said:

I myself would never give up on Gaudette as I see him as a 50- 65 point NHL player with grit and a 200 foot game..

Domi is way better point wise GP 81 - Pts -52  ( 20)

GP 59- PTS 38  ( 21 )

2017-18     GP59- pts 26  ( 22 )

I hope we don't trade for Domi as expert say Arizona will want close to package i mentioned..

Please don't trade package for Domi, 22, 5'10..

We have skilled players in system very close, Gaudette, Pettersson, Lind, Gadjovich, Lockwood...

Gaudette, 6'1, 190, 21 yrs old, will play when his college season is over.. This young guy will play with lots of skill and grit..

Way better point wise to whom?

Also after Arizona let Duckair go for peanuts what makes you so confident Chayka will demand a kings ransom for the slumping/declining winger in Domi?

Archived