The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

Interesting player to have in the system.

I believe there's more to his game than his stats show, maybe not offensively, but there seems to be some potential there for a good third liner with a bit of chippiness to his game. He's not a tall dude, but looking at his weight he is pretty stocky.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

Interesting player to have in the system.

I believe there's more to his game than his stats show, maybe not offensively, but there seems to be some potential there for a good third liner with a bit of chippiness to his game. He's not a tall dude, but looking at his weight he is pretty stocky.

So what you're saying is a line of Motte/Gaudette/Lind would be great to see scoring and annoying the heck out of McDavey in a few years?

Just now, BananaMash said:

Yeah, for sure.

People are very caught up in the height of the guys we traded for today, and talking about the team not being gritty enough. It's silly to me, though. These guys might not be the tallest, but they're guys that are a massive pain in the back end to play against. Motte is less chirpy than Leipsic, but he's got sand-paper to his game. Benning is assembling guys that will compliment the skill pieces we acquire via the draft very nicely.

Agreed. Regardless of size we need more skill, speed, sandpaper.....and more guys that really piss the other team off and get guys off their game. Haven't had that since guys like Cooke, Lappy, and Burr.....just hopefully these guys and do so without taking too many penalties.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BananaMash said:

Benning is assembling guys that will compliment the skill pieces we acquire via the draft very nicely.

I think that's they key point. Not every move we make is going to be for a "core" piece, so to speak. Complimentary players are also important, and finding the right mix of complimentary players is going to be one of the keys to turning this thing around, which is why I don't mind the glut of mid level young players we have either on the team or in our system.

And yeah, between Gaudette, Gadjovich, Lind, Lockwood, Virtanen, Leipsic, Motte and Lockwood, we certainly do have some grit in the system that should be coming through pretty soon.

• Cheers 1