The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Motte | #64 | C/W

48MPHSlapShot

• 2 months later...
59 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Motte still not signed and guys are getting PTO's now. 

Bizarre. I would be saddened if he goes to Europe.

If the rumours that he wanted more than we were willing to pay him were true, it must feel pretty crappy for him and his agent to not only not get what they wanted, but nothing at all thus far.

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

If the rumours that he wanted more than we were willing to pay him were true, it must feel pretty crappy for him and his agent to not only not get what they wanted, but nothing at all thus far.

Maybe Motte has a handshake deal with a club that will get signed after (that club) can use their LTIR?  Don’t see why he doesn’t have a PTO though, so he can be in camp, and then sign the bigger deal later.  

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Maybe Motte has a handshake deal with a club that will get signed after (that club) can use their LTIR?  Don’t see why he doesn’t have a PTO though, so he can be in camp, and then sign the bigger deal later.  

I think this is quite possible.

I’m not surprised Motte hasn’t signed a PTO. Given his injury history, why risk it? I think most of the NHL knows what he is - an elite 4th liner player, when healthy.

Someone will have an injury at camp, or have cap room open up at the start of the year when teams set their LTIR guys. It very well might be Vancouver. We certainly don’t need him in camp to know how he’ll fit in.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Motte needs to do this to his agent ...

Show Me The Money GIF

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
12 hours ago, Googlie said:

Motte getting a lot of love from the Rangers commentators 

I hope Motter has a great playoffs. With his injury history I understood why management moved on. Little doubt that on the short term he would have helped but the team was already CAP constrained. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...