The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Draft Content Do You Want More Of?

Derp...

Hey Everyone!

I'm running a poll on Twitter to see what kind of draft content people in Van want to see more of. It would be awesome if you could share and vote so anyone who is making something can have a good idea what people actually want to read about. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

None.  At this point I would like to see something non-draft related and not a trade Tanev proposal, just for variety.

I can't possibly imagine there is any draft content that hasn't been covered a hundred times over.

2 hours ago, Derp... said:

Hey Everyone!

I'm running a poll on Twitter to see what kind of draft content people in Van want to see more of. It would be awesome if you could share and vote so anyone who is making something can have a good idea what people actually want to read about. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

I think more rankings by people with huge geographical biases would be good.   Then, making sure that kids who are barely into their first disposable razor are compared to some of the game's legends to ensure that no matter how well they do in their development  years to follow they will be seen as being "disappointing".   Finally, find content that over-analyzes ever aspect of the prospect's game inclusive of skating, diet, body, hair, and method of stick taping.

There, if you follow that you will be enhancing the trends that are emerging more and more each year.

IF you want to buck the trend and add a contrarian and valuable approach, make sure to screen capture all guarantees make about "can't miss" and "bust" scenarios as your ability to reverse those scenarios in four or five years is entertaining.   Concentrate on a player's development potential and timeframe to NHL as being "flexible" and avoid direct comparison between prospects when such a comparison implies a flaw....e.g., good use of compare is "X sure has wheels, his feet are as good as Y who is one of the better skaters in this draft"....versus things like "Z seems to be skating in cement half the time" and similar.

Cheers  :)

2 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Compromising photos/videos of all the prospects projected to be drafted before the Canucks' selection.

N-H-L draft.   I repeat, this is the N-H-L draft.   The N-F-L draft already happened.    

a0d009714e051a024a679a3511b161d9.jpg

15 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I think more rankings by people with huge geographical biases would be good.   Then, making sure that kids who are barely into their first disposable razor are compared to some of the game's legends to ensure that no matter how well they do in their development  years to follow they will be seen as being "disappointing".   Finally, find content that over-analyzes ever aspect of the prospect's game inclusive of skating, diet, body, hair, and method of stick taping.

There, if you follow that you will be enhancing the trends that are emerging more and more each year.

IF you want to buck the trend and add a contrarian and valuable approach, make sure to screen capture all guarantees make about "can't miss" and "bust" scenarios as your ability to reverse those scenarios in four or five years is entertaining.   Concentrate on a player's development potential and timeframe to NHL as being "flexible" and avoid direct comparison between prospects when such a comparison implies a flaw....e.g., good use of compare is "X sure has wheels, his feet are as good as Y who is one of the better skaters in this draft"....versus things like "Z seems to be skating in cement half the time" and similar.

But z does seem to be skating in cement. &^@#ing z. 

5 minutes ago, Isam said:

But z does seem to be skating in cement. &^@#ing z. 

It's coz he read that he was too thin and would break in NHL so he hit the food truck hard after practice.   Poor guy just can't win.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Bolded- 

I think we all need more graphs and pie charts. Ideally a giant nerdgasm of useless corsi-esque dorkorythyms with multi-coloured dots and lines showing where players A-Z rank in uselessness compared to the players who never played a NHL game even though they were top ten picks 10 years ago.

Hockey needs more nerds paying attention and doing dork stuff with computer things

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

I'd like to see a story about the players the Canucks would have had, if they only drafted the  still available player according to Central scouting.

Oh, Shakespeare wrote those types of stories... They're called tragedies

Written to make you cry 

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Are you kidding me? 

Image result for lucky force 8

Lol

I hadn't noticed the stuff. How lame of me...

I've been turned into a craft beer weener, and have been so for a while.

Letting my moniker down eh. How lame. I apologize to everyone- I'm sorry

Lols Thanks for the feedback everyone. Some solid posts in there. I'll try to be different from the norm i some capacity.

Maybe running a beer comparison for players would be a good idea? This player is like this beer.

IE Dobson is the Alexander Keiths of this draft. Pretty much acceptable in all situations, and from the maritimes. 

Wahlstrom is the Pizza Port, thick, hearty, a little American, with a little European. 1 really special ingredient in his game.

28 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Lol

I hadn't noticed the stuff. How lame of me...

I've been turned into a craft beer weener, and have been so for a while.

Letting my moniker down eh. How lame. I apologize to everyone- I'm sorry

Haha, its okay. I think it was only around for a couple years (~2004-2005). It came in a 4-pack for about 6 bucks... so you can imagine the taste. 

Archived