The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

For Posterity's sake: Details regarding Daniel and Henrik's final week.

Canuck7071

55 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

I didn't know John Garret assisted on Gordie Howe's last goal. 

True, and it was a running joke for a while there .  As I recall, there was some sort of online campaign to have the assist officially recognized. 

49 minutes ago, Canuck7071 said:

Let me differ with you, respectfully, on Ron Maclean. 

For starters, I seriously doubt that Ron would be a national-level announcer for 32 years, if he is "boring."

Much to the contrary, I find Ron MacLean to be an interesting and very well-informed student of the game who gets, very well, ice hockey's place as a pillar of Canadian culture.  That's the main reason why I find him to be a very interesting contributor.  He likes to remind us of our shared legacy.   

Playing second fiddle to a man like Cherry isn't the easiest of jobs for sure, and he's done more than an admirable job over there years and deserves his place as a Canadian icon, informed, not nuetral at all given he pushes his own viewpoint like it or not when he can, and HNIC wouldn't be the same without him.  Things have tamed over the years, and Ron has become more of a stand alone guy with current events etc, eventually unless he retires, he will be the main voice too. Things won't be the same without either of them, and the HHOF will be calling.

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

More than that, it probably hurt the pending cure for cancer and it led to a breakdown of the budding truce between cats and dogs everywhere.    In fact, pretty sure Israel would have made up with the Palestine movement IF the Sedins had waited until the summer to announce as they had a vested interest in the Tank movement (which they confused for military strategy but, Hamas makes errors).    

Well stated.  Post of the year!    

At best, or worst, we would have risen to the level where we had an 80 percent chance of not choosing Number One. 

43 minutes ago, Canuck7071 said:

At best, or worst, we would have risen to the level where we had an 80 percent chance of not choosing Number One. 

Totally ridiculous to even think with those odds that there was anything to be gained to not playing to the potential of the team as it stood any given night.   The team was devastated by injuries after about the 20 game mark and just near the end of the season was there a stretch of at least consistency in the line-up even if it was missing 8 key NHL regulars.

6 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

What a surprise!  Another snotty post from a guy with 5-10k reputation (who can't handle facts he doesn't like)! 

I love the facts that two of the best players in Canuck history retired with class and that it gave trolls a chance to even come up with a way to try and insult that class.   Absolutely love it.

What is a 5-10k reputation?   I have not a clue what you are talking about  (nothing that is new for me with your posts for the record).   The Sedins reputations were worth a lot more than 5 to 10 k.    A lot more no matter how badly you want to try and sour it with your inane posts.

7 hours ago, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Announcing their retirement early (and the winning-streak it caused) probably/possibly cost us Dahlin.

They announced their retirement with three games remaining. You think going 1-1-1 is a winning streak? One win in a row isn't a winning streak. Had they lost all three games in regulation we would have been in Arizona's 3rd spot and they dropped two spots ending up with the 5th pick. So much for that post announcement "winning streak" losing us Daheln.

5 hours ago, Canuck7071 said:

Amen to that.  To each their own.  Nice Lager badge, btw.  But really, I'm all about the pale ales. 

You should've quoted me to throw shade, paleale. You can always request a new name if you're not happy with yours.

If you familiarize yourself with the forum you'll find a thread explaining some members choice of names. It's exciting stuff, gripping reads for the most part. You might even cry.

And indeed indeed, to each their own. For that's what these simple forums are for, um, unless we we're all here to stroke ego's and give participation ribbons for boring, unoriginal topics with salacious headlines that, alas, have no substance and don't even come close to backing up the headlines.

And I still think Ron McLean is a jack-off. He's always had a negative slant towards the Canucks and I think it's long past time he and old Don just ride off into the sunset. The rest of the clowns on hhic aren't any better though.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Announcing their retirement early (and the winning-streak it caused) probably/possibly cost us Dahlin.

It's the 4 digit combination out of 14 balls that determine who gets Dahlin.

The winning combination for Buffalo was 1-4-6-14.

We had 1-4-8-14 and 1-4-10-14.

The first 3 digits rolled out was 1-4-14... So after 3 balls rolled out, we have 2/11, roughly an 18.2% chance of winning the lottery. We are a lot closer to winning the #1 pick than both Detroit and Montreal (ranked lower than us in standings). We were actually tied with Buffalo, Arizona and Chicago in terms of percentage to win the #1 pick after 3 balls rolled out. Only Ottawa had a better chance at 3/11 which is roughly 27.3% chance. It is once again a $&!# lottery ball rolled out that screwed us over instead of our winning streak in the end of the season.

Even if the Sedins' didn't announce their retirement until the summer or they decides to come back for another year and we never had the rally point, I doubt we will finish lower than Buffalo's 62 points, which is 7 points fewer than our terrible 69 point season last year.

By your logic, we should of blame Boeser for this :lol: If he didn't have such a good rookie season scoring 29 goals when he was healthy, we would of lost a lot more games early on in the season and we could of out-tanked Buffalo and get the #1 pick :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am ok with where we are at in terms of draft position. It does suck to find out we only lost out by 1 digit, but it's time to move on and focus on who we should get at #7.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, luckylager said:

You should've quoted me to throw shade, paleale.

7071 - Thanks for the tip, and if I decide to start throwing shade, I will keep it in mind.  For the record though, and on my father's grave, I would never, ever diss lager. 

You can always request a new name if you're not happy with yours.

If you familiarize yourself with the forum you'll find a thread explaining some members choice of names. It's exciting stuff, gripping reads for the most part. You might even cry.

7071 - Thanks for the invitation, I may take you up on that down the line. 

And indeed indeed, to each their own. For that's what these simple forums are for, um, unless we we're all here to stroke ego's and give participation ribbons for boring, unoriginal topics with salacious headlines that, alas, have no substance and don't even come close to backing up the headlines.

7071 - We agree on what's most important, autonomy of perception.  Honestly though, I had thought that "details regarding Daniel and Henrik's final week' was anything but salacious.  On the contrary, I had tried to keep the OP header as neutral as possible.  That said, on further reflection I conclude that an alternative reading has me implying that I had 'new' details or some such thing.  As intent matters, I will only add that this was not my intent, as I think my opening paragraph made clear. 

And I still think Ron McLean is a jack-off. He's always had a negative slant towards the Canucks and I think it's long past time he and old Don just ride off into the sunset. The rest of the clowns on hhic aren't any better though.

7071 - You and I might get along, Lager, as I think that all of the current HNIC guys are okay. But let shift the discussion here, by asking who your HNIC Dream Team might consist of.  Let's not confine matters to 'hockey' guys.  Maybe personalities from other settings who don't necessarily have a great knowledge of hockey.  I might nominate Alice Cooper, based on his looks, apparent intelligence and erudite performance in Wayne's World, if that rings a bell. 

4 minutes ago, Canuck7071 said:

7071 - We agree on what's most important, autonomy of perception.  Honestly though, I had thought that "details regarding Daniel and Henrik's final week' was anything but salacious.  On the contrary, I had tried to keep the OP header as neutral as possible.  That said, on further reflection I conclude that an alternative reading has me implying that I had 'new' details or some such thing.  As intent matters, I will only add that this was not my intent, as I think my opening paragraph made clear. 

7071 - You and I might get along, Lager, as I think that all of the current HNIC guys are okay. But let shift the discussion here, by asking who your HNIC Dream Team might consist of.  Let's not confine matters to 'hockey' guys.  Maybe personalities from other settings who don't necessarily have a great knowledge of hockey.  I might nominate Alice Cooper, based on his looks, apparent intelligence and erudite performance in Wayne's World, if that rings a bell. 

I'm game

I nominate my avatar(s) to sit next to Alice Cooper and Snoop Dogg. 

Keep Friedman, bring Burke in full time.

Fireworks

Archived