The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Quinn Hughes | #43 | D

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Doubt this is the last time you see a newsworthy item with Hughes and the word "Norris" both in it.    Kid will get some serious consideration now that it is a points derby and I don't know if this kid will be a machine in his own end but he WILL put up points - in bunches and for a long time.

And that's something Canuck fans will be looking forward to seeing. 

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Erik Karlsson was about the same size as Q when drafted.. 

He was 5'11    165lbs. 

Q is listed 5'10    170lbs. As his body matures he'll get a bit taller and a lot stronger. He'll put on good 20 plus lbs of weight.  

The players coming in are getting smaller and smaller. It's all about speed and skill. 

One year at college is a great decision. I was afraid he might turn pro. He needs one year to get stronger and develop. 

Need the 1st overall next year and then it's time to build a roster around the core to push for playoffs spot. 

I LIKE ALL you said except the delusional we need the first over all next year. We have Elias and will get a great first round pick next year, If the roster is somewhat set I like the pieces Van has and as they grow watch them not just be a good team but a great team.

37 minutes ago, Stormriders said:

Unbelievable talent on display tonight by Quinn.  So excited at what he will bring to this team as we grow.  I know he has been compared to many, but to me as I watched him tonight, it is and has been all along Phil Housley that he reminds me of.  Same sort of size and both think offense first.  Man if he could put up those numbers and have that type of career, how good would the Canucks be over the next decade?  

Any wonder Selanne 's numbers dropped when they traded Housley?

Just now, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Just imagining Boeser's increase in numbers with Hughes in the lineup :)

I was wondering why the media in Toronto was going off the wall when TL was let go. Then after tonights highlights of hughes and then I watched Elias and his highlight reel goals and wow. They are so worried that as good as Toronto could be this thing happening in Vancouver is something very special. I have stated I thought Hughes was and is the best Defensman in the draft . That remains to be seen, but this is unbelievable Elias ,Quinn ,Brock  Oli will surprise also and Gaudette, I can see why the play-off picture will be managements plan sooner rather than later. If they get one more defenseman to step up then this Eastern Media will look like fools and be calling out from TSN "nobody saw this coming".lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ihaveyuidonttouchme said:

Kid is wicked creative with the puck and knows where to find it at all times.  He puts himself in such good position offensively to receive pucks and to dish them.  Its very interesting too how he cradles the puck.  I notice he does a slick angling of his stick as he stick handles, adds that extra flare, but also i wanna say unpredictability to telegraph what he is going to do with it.  It also looks like he is ready to shoot the way he cups the puck with his blade but then quickly shovels it off to a teammate.  I think that adds to the many parts to why he is such an elusive player.  He is just so sly that it just mesmerizes you from across the screen.  i can only imagine what its like as the defender haha.

Still think if he can clean up his defensive awareness and positioning, he will be a far more effective player transitioning the puck out of the zone. He does float a bit out of position looking to jump right to the offense instead of reading the play or using that extra gear in his skating to pick up that extra man coming in.  Sometimes think he skates a little too far deep in the offensive zone leaving himself susceptible to leaving his partner on an odd man rush situation.  Just small finer details like that if he can clean up will help him become a more effective defender in all three zones.

Its amazing to think at times it looks like Hughes is operating at 75% efficiency, and yet still dominates.  Once he matures and seasons over time, that 100% will be close to unstoppable.   Really excited about the potential he has and what he brings to a very lackluster blueline.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow, love those moves. 

Can see that last pass going to Brock on the PP about 100 times a year.

Really looking forward to seeing this kid play over the next several years. 

There are few players worth the price of admission and he looks like one.

Lets hope the Lotto gods finally shine their light on us so we can have two Hughes brothers.  They may not be better but they will certainly be more exciting than our last set of brothers.

• Upvote 1