The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

On 11/6/2018 at 8:40 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

With last year's reffing...Woo would have gotten 2 minutes for Roughing or Boarding and/or 5 for contact to the air around the head...had he been a Canuck...

N.B. I think this year's reffing has been all over the place but overall a bit closer to the real world action....hope to see continued improvement.

Watch Woo play live against Red Deer. I’d say he’s an all around solid defenceman. He seems to be able to do everything, and well. Smart offensively and defensively. Makes great plays. Is strong and uses the body. Also has strong skating ability, definitely went on some end to end rushes that he led and could use his speed and strength to create chances. Still a few years away, but looks very promising!

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

Watch Woo play live against Red Deer. I’d say he’s an all around solid defenceman. He seems to be able to do everything, and well. Smart offensively and defensively. Makes great plays. Is strong and uses the body. Also has strong skating ability, definitely went on some end to end rushes that he led and could use his speed and strength to create chances. Still a few years away, but looks very promising!

Sorta like Jovocop?

On 2018-11-13 at 10:44 PM, BPA said:

Sorta like Jovocop?

Well, I started watching hockey around Canucks vs St Louis in playoffs (years ago), but haven't really scouted or observed until the last 5-6ish years. (more so now). So unfortunately I can't give that comparison with a lot of accuracy. 

I think just in general Woo looks to be a project in terms of where in the lineup he will fit, but I think based off of his ability, he will have a spot at some point. I think he'd most likely replace someone like Gudbranson, should we decide to move on from him after his contract. Mostly because, Woo has the strength and defensive awareness to replace that role, but can also pitch in offensively with quick rushes that involve himeither  carrying the puck, making a good a solid first pass, or a good shot/puck movement on the power play. Only thing now is consistency, which I can't confirm on until I watch more games. Hope that helps! 

On 18/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Woo has one assist so far and currently sits +4 as the Warriors are putting a shellacking on the Kootenay Ice. Score is 9-1 in the 3rd.

EDIT: game ends 9-1 and Woo with the one assist

He now has 10 points (2-8-10) in 15 WHL games.

Hope team Canada was watching!