The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 hours ago, MattJVD said:

It is his third CHL season. A drafted midget player can play a couple of games as an underager. He was 17 at the draft, one of the younger players eligible.

One more year for Woo.  Not a bad thing to marinate our young d men.  Only Hughes has a legit shot to go amateur to NHL.  But OJ and Woo can really round out a young d corps as long as we keep a few guys around like Guddy  

Woo started last season with 17pts in 18 games, then went down with an injury for more than 6 weeks.  When he came back, he played a more defensive role as the top offensive minutes were given to Josh Brook and Kale Clague.  He was always a good skater and passer, now he's getting the opportunity to show it.  He could be our new Bieksa in a few years.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

One more year for Woo.  Not a bad thing to marinate our young d men.  Only Hughes has a legit shot to go amateur to NHL.  But OJ and Woo can really round out a young d corps as long as we keep a few guys around like Guddy  

i'd like to have more irons in the fire, but woo is definitely winning me over.

by the why, i was just in antigonish a couple weeks ago.  great town and i love that bus stop waffle place.  not as enthusiastic about the main highway speed trap but at least the mountie cut me a break.

I think Woo is just getting going offensively.  He will finish the season above a ppg and will be looked at as a lock for team Canada next year. 

I think for now thanks a bit to his injury, he is a little overshadowed by his teammate Josh Brook who is 2nd in the W in defenseman scoring and is a year older.  Woo's time will come and he will be somewhere between Bieksa and Niklas Kronwall for years to come in the NHL.

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2018 at 7:06 AM, AK_19 said:

It's his 4th season in the CHL, he should be AHL eligible next year.

Because of his physicality, it's easy to forget he was only 17 at the draft and won't even turn 20 next year so he would have to spend another year in junior.

He showed PPG potential early last season, which is why he projected early on as a first-rounder.  Size, physicality, hits, skates, can put up points, will throw down, has a good clapbomb, plus shoots right -- so much to really like.  And the name is just the capper.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, krutovsdonut said:

i'd like to have more irons in the fire, but woo is definitely winning me over.

by the why, i was just in antigonish a couple weeks ago.  great town and i love that bus stop waffle place.  not as enthusiastic about the main highway speed trap but at least the mountie cut me a break.

My wife's shop is next store to the waffle bus stop.  Handmade chocolate truffles, fresh ground coffee/espresso, specialty gluten free baking (that tastes like real food cause it's made from real flour) and a daily vegan lunch.  

First time a fellow poster was in my neighborhood, hope you had a great trip  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I never really cared too much about Woo's offensive production as I consider him a defensive defenseman first. I just didn't want him to be a black hole offensively, and he's shown there's no reason for that to be a concern. 

I have never thought of Woo as a stay home d man.  To me he has always had two way ability.  Looking at his draft season, his production was great until he was sidelined, then when he came back he played a shut down role cause the warriors added an older d man.  

His low production stats didn't tell the whole story.  Woo is like having another 1st round pick.  He may end up being a great money puck selection due to that injury last season.  

Woo ticks off so many boxes for this club.  All name team with Jett Woo as a godfather, physical, great size, great mobility, Right Handed, knows when to rush up ice, contributes to the stat sheet and great leadership.  The guy is the total package and will be a huge fan favorite.  

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Phat Fingers said:

My wife's shop is next store to the waffle bus stop.  Handmade chocolate truffles, fresh ground coffee/espresso, specialty gluten free baking (that tastes like real food cause it's made from real flour) and a daily vegan lunch.  

First time a fellow poster was in my neighborhood, hope you had a great trip  

the store right next door closer to the river?  we tried to go in there while waiting for my waffle sandwich but it was closed.  too bad because my daughter was with us and makes homemade chocolates so she would have been all over those truffles.  it's definitely a beautiful location.  you are very lucky to live there.   my first time in nova scotia and i hope to be back.

That's the one.  We base our shop schedule on our 4 year old.  Next time! It's a beautiful spot.  I bailed on the west coast when housing doubled in price in 3 weeks in Comox.  All it took was daily direct flights to Calgary.  

It's got an gulf island feel to it, every one is chill and the beaches are awesome, in the summer time.... literally icebergs in the bay over winter.  

I miss the mountains and the the amazing western parks.  We are heading out in May once the students clear out.  To show my girl where dad came from.  

2 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

That's the one.  We base our shop schedule on our 4 year old.  Next time! It's a beautiful spot.  I bailed on the west coast when housing doubled in price in 3 weeks in Comox.  All it took was daily direct flights to Calgary.  

It's got an gulf island feel to it, every one is chill and the beaches are awesome, in the summer time.... literally icebergs in the bay over winter.  

I miss the mountains and the the amazing western parks.  We are heading out in May once the students clear out.  To show my girl where dad came from.  

I've had a place in Nova Scotia for 25 years + and it is nice ……. if you can handle the them and us mentality. If you're from "away" you're just not one of the community. You didn't make mention of the fog which seems to prevail on the coast for extended periods in the summer. It's good but no nirvana. Best described by the Times of London ( post 9/11 ) when it said if you wish to step back in time 50 years this is the place for you or Der Spiegel ( paraphrasing ) describing it as the last all white third world country ( no offence meant for the PC'ers ). It has it's charm for sure but reality will come with time :-) And if you wish to sell your place at some time …. well good luck. One startling stat is there is a higher mortality rate than birth rate in NS ie the Province is dying

Edited by Fred65
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I've had a place in Nova Scotia for 25 years + and it is nice ……. if you can handle the them and us mentality. If you're from "away" you're just not one of the community. You didn't make mention of the fog which seems to prevail on the coast for extended periods in the summer. It's good but no nirvana. Best described by the Times of London ( post 9/11 ) when it said if you wish to step back in time 50 years this is the place for you or Der Spiegel ( paraphrasing ) describing it as the last all white third world country ( no offence meant for the PC'ers ). It has it's charm for sure but reality will come with time :-) And if you wish to sell your place at some time …. well good luck. One startling stat is there is a higher mortality rate than birth rate in NS ie the Province is dying

Uplifting post - thanks!

I’ve only visited briefly, but it was awesome.