The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Artyom Manukyan | RW

thejazz97

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

One goal in the playoffs so far for Arty, he's playing a 2nd round, game 6 vs Salavat Yuraev  (the team that knocked out Tryamkin).

Exciting 0-0 3rd  

OT  great hitting great chances both ways

Manukyan with a couple of great forays into the Ozone. Coached by Bob Hartley and quite a few ex-NHL players. Shirikov, Franson, Deharnais, Medvedev, Emilen, Taylor Beck, Talbot, Stahlberg, Versteeg.

1st OT cautious not as much chances taken. Too many men almost cost SY

Arty got a couple shifts here and there. Hartley playing mostly the vets.

Arty with a great set up in the 2nd OT aww so wanted him to get the winner!!

Omsk with so many chances to put this away.

Classic goaltending duel hading ino the 3rd OT 0-0 , crazy stops!

a 6'5" Anaheim Ducks property Igor Bobkov for Omsk , versus Juha Metsula a  30 yr old 5'10" Finnish stopper for Salavat Yuraev

Heading to 3rd OT

Bondarev FINALLY ends it with a shot from LD that trickles in ending Salavat Yuraev's season. And Arty  Manukyan lives to play another round!For his small stature he is pretty fearless, goes to the tough areas.

Final score 1-0

Omsk wins in 6

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know how many years Manukyan has left on his KHL deal? I'd love to see him in Utica in the next year or two. Seems like he's being buried in the KHL. With the departure of Dahlen from the Canucks organization, it feels like Manukyan could fill a nice role in Utica next year as a point getter if given the opportunity.

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

Does anyone know how many years Manukyan has left on his KHL deal? I'd love to see him in Utica in the next year or two. Seems like he's being buried in the KHL. With the departure of Dahlen from the Canucks organization, it feels like Manukyan could fill a nice role in Utica next year as a point getter if given the opportunity.

He's 20 now. Not sure but I think he can play for Utica now if he wanted to buy out his last year.

Artem Manukyan

Foward -- shoots R
Born Jun 9 1998 
[20 yrs. ago] 
Height 5.07 -- Weight 139 [170 cm/63 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 6 #186 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Manukyan Artyom  Avangard (Omsk)   forward     signed til 30.04.2020

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 5:30 AM, SingleThorn said:

26/12/18..........potential David vs Goliath today as Munukyan goes up against Tryamkin. Would be interesting if fists started to fly !!

I almost spit my coffee out this morning reading this. My mind wandered to the old mad max beyond thunder dome movie... Master Blaster...Try is the big lug and Manukyan is the little guy on top...who runs barter town? :lol:

C9BA5814-04B1-45E5-B60A-97217564D808.jpeg

• Haha 3

On 4/9/2019 at 7:29 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

He's 20 now. Not sure but I think he can play for Utica now if he wanted to buy out his last year.

Artem Manukyan

Foward -- shoots R
Born Jun 9 1998 
[20 yrs. ago] 
Height 5.07 -- Weight 139 [170 cm/63 kg]
Drafted by Vancouver Canucks
- round 6 #186 overall 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Manukyan Artyom  Avangard (Omsk)   forward     signed til 30.04.2020

5’7”. 139lbs  at 20.  

Hahaha

I don’t care which way the league is trending lately.  

That kid is way too small to ever play in the NHL.  

Was there really no choice available at that pick that was a little more realistic?

16 minutes ago, drummerboy said:

5’7”. 139lbs  at 20.  

Hahaha

Was there really no choice available at that pick that was a little more realistic?

'bout the same size as Caufield

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

'bout the same size as Caufield

As much as Caufield may be very highly skilled; I really hope they do not pick him in the 1st round. The Canucks are a bit small as it is and really need a few quality picks with both skill and size if they every want to compete for the Stanley cup.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

5’7”. 139lbs  at 20.  

Hahaha

Settle down there Captain Hindsight lol

Edit: although this is the NHL. Standard practice is to add 2 inches and 15 lbs to every bio.

That means Manukyan is actually 5'5" 119lbs.  Jeebus holy Lord!!

Edited by Kanukfanatic

2 hours ago, drummerboy said:

5’7”. 139lbs  at 20.  

Hahaha

Just following a late round property. No need to be so judgy. Maybe he helps Utica maybe not. He's playing against a lot of ex-NHLers. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

As much as Caufield may be very highly skilled; I really hope they do not pick him in the 1st round. The Canucks are a bit small as it is and really need a few quality picks with both skill and size if they every want to compete for the Stanley cup.

Although I have no problem comparing size to determine the better pick I think its a very old school method.

Also, what do you mean by saying, the Canucks are a bit small as it is? Hughes and Stecher are smaller defensemen but besides that I cant think of many...

The Canucks are not a heavy team by any stretch. If you look at the Jets or the Sharks you will find heavy teams with highly skilled players in their midst. As good as Tampa was in the regular season; they are not faring very well so far and they are a lighter but highly skilled team.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Kootenay Gold said:

The Canucks are not a heavy team by any stretch. If you look at the Jets or the Sharks you will find heavy teams with highly skilled players in their midst. As good as Tampa was in the regular season; they are not faring very well so far and they are a lighter but highly skilled team.

Canucks may not be heavy right now, but they have some big pieces. Horvat, Virtanen, Pearson, Gaudette, Roussel etc are all tough players. Pettersson and Boeser will fill out and wont be pushovers either.

Honestly size is the least of my concerns with the Canucks right now. We need skill more then anything in any shape or size.

• Upvote 1

I very much agree that the Canucks need  at least one more skilled player that can be in the top six, Three that I had posted elsewhere in CDC were Ryan Dzingel, Michael Ferland and Brett Connolly. All are set to be UFA's and any one of them would be a welcome addition to the top six IMO.

I might add that they also bring a degree of size and grit with their overall game.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Canucks may not be heavy right now, but they have some big pieces. Horvat, Virtanen, Pearson, Gaudette, Roussel etc are all tough players. Pettersson and Boeser will fill out and wont be pushovers either.

Honestly size is the least of my concerns with the Canucks right now. We need skill more then anything in any shape or size.

I think size is still needed but agree skill is the most important hole in the lineup. That’s why the fates of Goldy and Baer is important. Pearson and Leivo are nice 3rd liners with upside but we need more skill than EP, QH l, Bo and Boeser. 

• Upvote 1